• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

WHAT THE FUCK???!!!!

well i just took my buggy out for a few runs while the site was down and done a bit more to the granddaughter's polo
I did lots of gardening and have a very happy wife. I am bagging these bonus points for when I need to work on the bus.

Camping over the weekend didn't go to plan.. was meant to be me and Mrs Chunky in our Ellie, then daughter, partner and their son was to follow later on as son in law had to work Friday morning.. we decided to take Grandson along with us... got to campsite and got all set up.. happy daze... then came the call that son in law car has overheated and they were stuck in Rownhams service station.. radiator hose has split.. breakdown people say they won't come out as they got towed a few weeks back for a different breakdown!!! But they will come out and recover them to home for a fee... they don't have a pot to piss in so I said I will lend them the money to get home... £167.00 light in my account now🤬🤬 then had to leave campsite a day early as Grandson was missing mummy and daddy!!!! NEVER AGAIN

Camping over the weekend didn't go to plan.. was meant to be me and Mrs Chunky in our Ellie, then daughter, partner and their son was to follow later on as son in law had to work Friday morning.. we decided to take Grandson along with us... got to campsite and got all set up.. happy daze... then came the call that son in law car has overheated and they were stuck in Rownhams service station.. radiator hose has split.. breakdown people say they won't come out as they got towed a few weeks back for a different breakdown!!! But they will come out and recover them to home for a fee... they don't have a pot to piss in so I said I will lend them the money to get home... £167.00 light in my account now🤬🤬 then had to leave campsite a day early as Grandson was missing mummy and daddy!!!! NEVER AGAIN
Oh the joys of family

A weekend without the OC forum allowed me to collect my Dad's old shed, re-build it and put on a new roof as well as laying a new floor down.
I also spent time on Ebay buying a trailer chassis.
Time well spent
20230410_125646.jpg20230410_182024.jpgs-l140.jpg

So today we took a trip to Skeggy to stay until Friday at a very well known site, had booked a van with veranda and gate so dog and toddler will be safe, get there and no gate
We don’t have gates on this van they said even though our booking confirmed a gated veranda and we are full, but to your welcome to stay in this van or we can give a partial refund
Won’t tell you what I said but we are getting a full refund, booked with another site last minute ( very lucky) and will be giving a “ review” once refund is paid
TOSSERS——————I drove through two hours of thunder and lightning for this———mind you , the bus drove great

Totally agree bud many are over 6 months old before last posts! Makes you wonder where they have all gone....
Well I haven't posted much over the winter. I find the dark winter months a struggle to be honest, my mental health tends to go downhill and I become somewhat withdrawn. Living alone and having no family contact doesn't help (although when I read stories like the ones above I should be grateful 😁). I spend most of the time just trying to hang on until spring when I convince myself things will get better. I've also had back problems and covid (again FFS) over the last few weeks to add to my generally fucked-off demeanor 😬. I note no-one missed me 😂😂

However, in good news, the Kami Van passed her MOT without a hitch a couple of weeks ago, spring has arrived and it's even been sunny the last couple of days ☀️☀️ (wrote this on Sunday but couldn't post as forum down) as it's been sunny today and I'm feeling a little better I took the van out for a drive, lunch and a cup of tea in the back and a little stroll in the sunshine by the river at Abingdon, which has lifted my mood considerably. I'm looking forward to getting out and about in the van over the rest of the year which to be honest has been a lifesaver for me. Sorry for the long post, hope you don't mind me sharing. IMG_20230409_124617499_HDR.jpgIMG_20230409_133736728_HDR.jpg

Well I haven't posted much over the winter. I find the dark winter months a struggle to be honest, my mental health tends to go downhill and I become somewhat withdrawn. Living alone and having no family contact doesn't help (although when I read stories like the ones above I should be grateful 😁). I spend most of the time just trying to hang on until spring when I convince myself things will get better. I've also had back problems and covid (again FFS) over the last few weeks to add to my generally fucked-off demeanor 😬. I note no-one missed me 😂😂

However, in good news, the Kami Van passed her MOT without a hitch a couple of weeks ago, spring has arrived and it's even been sunny the last couple of days ☀️☀️ (wrote this on Sunday but couldn't post as forum down) as it's been sunny today and I'm feeling a little better I took the van out for a drive, lunch and a cup of tea in the back and a little stroll in the sunshine by the river at Abingdon, which has lifted my mood considerably. I'm looking forward to getting out and about in the van over the rest of the year which to be honest has been a lifesaver for me. Sorry for the long post, hope you don't mind me sharing. View attachment 87371View attachment 87372

Good to see you back bud and great news to hear Kami passed the MOT! 👍

Good to see you back bud and great news to hear Kami passed the MOT! 👍
Cheers mate. I think I did actually post the MOT news a couple of weeks ago as it was the first glimmer of good news in months! Nice to be planning some trips out in her again 😊

However, in good news, the Kami Van passed her MOT without a hitch a couple of weeks ago, spring has arrived and it's even been sunny the last couple of days ☀️☀️ (wrote this on Sunday but couldn't post as forum down) as it's been sunny today and I'm feeling a little better I took the van out for a drive, lunch and a cup of tea in the back and a little stroll in the sunshine by the river at Abingdon, which has lifted my mood considerably. I'm looking forward to getting out and about in the van over the rest of the year which to be honest has been a lifesaver for me. Sorry for the long post, hope you don't mind me sharing.
Kami is looking good in the sunshine.

That pigeon has got something tangled around it’s neck.
It probably asked Mikkb if he was driving a Bongo or VW... It's lucky it didn't ask Bob or that slice of toast would barely be visible and the pigeon wouldn't be sitting comfortably...

IMG_20230409_133736728_HDR_edit_3302736130329366.jpg

Back