• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

WHAT THE FUCK???!!!!

mine was in for a week with the same so s-max it is :(

mine was in for a week with the same so s-max it is :(
Just driven it for the first time.
What an uncomfortable, compromised thing.
Terrible distance from the front when sat ON it with a dashboard that appears to go on forever and no idea where the end of the nose is
(This from someone who commutes 55 miles in a 5 series)
Appalling reflection in the windscreen from cheap interior plastics.
I can't find a truly comfortable driving position and the seats are hard (compared to a 5 series and an Audi A2!)
And the rear most seats are useless unless you're a dwarf amputee.
Hateful hateful thing.

Look on the bright side you will really appreciate the van when you get it back.
Might treat it to a full valet!

I'm officially worried now too, as I just had an email from the repairers asking if I had a dash cam in the vehicle!🤬
I don't, but I'll know if they've been out for a day trip from the mileage.🤬😤

when mine was shunted in the rear my cameras showed me stopping with room to spare in front the person who hit me claiming i had braked suddenly and the person behind them braking with plenty of room insurance looked at that and paid up straight away for repairs

Just found one of my rifle barrel cleaning rods being used to support a pepper plant in the conservatory…. Would shoot her but the barrel isnt polished and would only mane ….
Reminds me of the farmer who accidently shot his wife, he calls emergency services... "Is she dead?" asks the call handler, there follows a brief silence followed by a gunshot. "Yes" replies the farmer 🙂

Sometimes I really hate Facebook, today's memories are a case in point. These are from my first long trips in my previous car, Citroen C4 Picasso, this is also why I am internally using the mantra smiles per mile and not bothering that much with the MPG being delivered by Magnu.

mpg1.png

mpg2.png

I Remember our (C3 pisscato) showing 74 mpg after conducting scientific research into the efficacy of the vehicle as we travelled to Skipton... 🤔

Sold the f*ckin thing sharpish as I could feel Alzheimer's slowly creeping in...😬

I know the feeling ! But at least I never get sick of driving the other wheels.

Attachments

• 8C0B3CCF-EEB5-4A33-B97C-E9ACABF7F663.jpeg
    8C0B3CCF-EEB5-4A33-B97C-E9ACABF7F663.jpeg
    478.7 KB · Views: 14
  • F25C552F-A297-4041-98D1-2D9BA96C68BE.jpeg
    F25C552F-A297-4041-98D1-2D9BA96C68BE.jpeg
    478.7 KB · Views: 14
Took an LPG conversion booking in February for this coming Wednesday from a member of this forum, the member contacted me by phone in February but during the discussion I noted her forum name (just to have multiple points of contact i.e. phone number plus forum name).

Since the booking was so far ahead (Feb to June) I would usually ask the vehicle owner to contact me a few months before the conversion date (just to check-in, which re-assures us both that neither of us have forgotten the booking) and again around 2 weeks before the conversion date. On this occasion there was no contact from the forum member since the booking was arranged and I have been so busy recently that sometimes (including on this occassion) I haven't tried to confirm until a bit too close for comfort to the booking date myself. On this occassion I left it until the middle/end of last week before trying to confirm the booking myself.

When I came around to confirming the first thing I did was check the last time the forum user was last online, which was March this year. So I thought 'OK some owners don't come online unless they have a question to ask'. So best to phone her to confirm. She answered the phone but obviously either hadn't stored my phone number (which rings alarm bells) or was pretending not to know who I was. When I said who I was she said it was a bad line (although I could hear her perfectly well) and asked me to call her back a bit later, which I did. But she didn't pick the phone up at that time or on the several (without over-doing it) occassions I've tried to phone her back since from my phone. No reply to my txt message. In fact later when I tried to call her it seemed she had maybe blocked my phone number (because when I called her from my phone it always came up 'busy line'. So this evening after trying to call her from my phone (as said seemed my number was blocked) I tried calling her from a different phone (number)... not surprisingly no 'busy line' this time and she answered... but again after I'd said who I was she suddenly said it was a bad line and put the phone down on me (again I could hear her perfectly well.. better than an average phone line connection).

So it seems to me she is aware that she is (was lol) booked in for LPG conversion on Wednesday but instead of apologising for any mess-about she took the stance of pretending not to be able to hear me. Why oh why not just say 'Sorry but I won't be coming on Wednesday'. Why not just cancel immediately at the point she decided not to come to me (which won't have been when I tried to confirm the other day, it will have been at some point in the past - maybe she sold the vehicle, maybe she had LPG conversion fitted elsewhere, maybe she decided she doesn't want LPG conversion and would rather pay £2 per litre)?

Similar has happened a few times in the past. One particular occasion comes to mind when almost exactly the same (to above) happened. On that occasion the owner, again a forum member, in addition to above circumstances also blocked me on forum. Then used the forum to sell their Elgrand. When I didn't spell out all the details but did mention that the owner was supposed to turn up for LPG conversion but didn't I was called out on forum by another forum user whom was backed up by a moderator for (loose quote) 'saying bad things about a good forum user'. On both occassions I've discussed above the 'good forum members' only ever asked questions, didn't reply to anything except if it was seemingly in their own personal interests, asked their questions and then didn't come on forum again until they stood to gain from forum use (sell their vehicle etc). Bad call by both the other forum user and the moderator.... I am a good forum user but (as should be expected) forum members are a mixed bag of people and not all should automatically be termed 'good'. Some would rather simply avoid/block others rather than admit having to break arrangements made in good faith were there own fault, even though a simple answer could prevent a lot of messing about for good forum users. I have to ask myself and would ask others what impression they would have about another forum user whom by their actions or lack of simple action/message knew full well that another user and business owner stood to very likely lose half a week's wages due to their own failure to inform someone or confirm something.

I should add that immediately after she pretended not to be able to hear me on the phone number that she didn't know, I made one phone call and called in another owner to come for LPG conversion early - so I am still booked for Wednesday... Please don't PM me asking if Wednesday's slot is available.

Last edited:
Took an LPG conversion booking in February for this coming Wednesday from a member of this forum, the member contacted me by phone in February but during the discussion I noted her forum name (just to have multiple points of contact i.e. phone number plus forum name).

Since the booking was so far ahead (Feb to June) I would usually ask the vehicle owner to contact me a few months before the conversion date (just to check-in, which re-assures us both that neither of us have forgotten the booking) and again around 2 weeks before the conversion date. On this occasion there was no contact from the forum member since the booking was arranged and I have been so busy recently that sometimes (including on this occassion) I haven't tried to confirm until a bit too close for comfort to the booking date myself. On this occassion I left it until the middle/end of last week before trying to confirm the booking myself.

When I came around to confirming the first thing I did was check the last time the forum user was last online, which was March this year. So I thought 'OK some owners don't come online unless they have a question to ask'. So best to phone her to confirm. She answered the phone but obviously either hadn't stored my phone number (which rings alarm bells) or was pretending not to know who I was. When I said who I was she said it was a bad line (although I could hear her perfectly well) and asked me to call her back a bit later, which I did. But she didn't pick the phone up at that time or on the several (without over-doing it) occassions I've tried to phone her back since from my phone. No reply to my txt message. In fact later when I tried to call her it seemed she had maybe blocked my phone number (because when I called her from my phone it always came up 'busy line'. So this evening after trying to call her from my phone (as said seemed my number was blocked) I tried calling her from a different phone (number)... not surprisingly no 'busy line' this time and she answered... but again after I'd said who I was she suddenly said it was a bad line and put the phone down on me (again I could hear her perfectly well.. better than an average phone line connection).

So it seems to me she is aware that she is (was lol) booked in for LPG conversion on Wednesday but instead of apologising for any mess-about she took the stance of pretending not to be able to hear me. Why oh why not just say 'Sorry but I won't be coming on Wednesday'. Why not just cancel immediately at the point she decided not to come to me (which won't have been when I tried to confirm the other day, it will have been at some point in the past - maybe she sold the vehicle, maybe she had LPG conversion fitted elsewhere, maybe she decided she doesn't want LPG conversion and would rather pay £2 per litre)?

Similar has happened a few times in the past. One particular occasion comes to mind when almost exactly the same (to above) happened. On that occasion the owner, again a forum member, in addition to above circumstances also blocked me on forum. Then used the forum to sell their Elgrand. When I didn't spell out all the details but did mention that the owner was supposed to turn up for LPG conversion but didn't I was called out on forum by another forum user whom was backed up by a moderator for (loose quote) 'saying bad things about a good forum user'. On both occassions I've discussed above the 'good forum members' only ever asked questions, didn't reply to anything except if it was seemingly in their own personal interests, asked their questions and then didn't come on forum again until they stood to gain from forum use (sell their vehicle etc). Bad call by both the other forum user and the moderator.... I am a good forum user but (as should be expected) forum members are a mixed bag of people and not all should automatically be termed 'good'. Some would rather simply avoid/block others rather than admit having to break arrangements made in good faith were there own fault, even though a simple answer could prevent a lot of messing about for good forum users. I have to ask myself and would ask others what impression they would have about another forum user whom by their actions or lack of simple action/message knew full well that another user and business owner stood to very likely lose half a week's wages due to their own failure to inform someone or confirm something.

I should add that immediately after she pretended not to be able to hear me on the phone number that she didn't know, I made one phone call and called in another owner to come for LPG conversion early - so I am still booked for Wednesday... Please don't PM me asking if Wednesday's slot is available.
At least you're professional about it.
If I was you, i'd be naming and shaming.... Though as they haven't been around on here for months, they wouldn't care either way. Would still be useful so if they came sniffing around for any help or questions, the community can tell them to sling their hook.

Back