• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

WHAT THE FUCK???!!!!

I'm being reduced to considering fitting the rear bumper from an XL, as Rider bumpers are like an honest politician. No body shop I've spoken to so far (insurance approved plus private) wants to even entertain fixing the bumper (sanding, heating, fibreglass and paint I think)

I know it will physically fit, but I'm worried about the exhaust and can't visualise it.
Is the XL rear bumper pretty standard?
Just trying to work out if it's too deep, as the rider has dual exhaust tips poking through the lower part of the bumper. Don't want to fork out a few hundred quid and then get a call from the body shop " it don't fit, guv".
Anyone with an XL or HWS prepared to grab a tape measure on the depth so I can compare and see if I'm going to foul on it?

I'm being reduced to considering fitting the rear bumper from an XL, as Rider bumpers are like an honest politician. No body shop I've spoken to so far (insurance approved plus private) wants to even entertain fixing the bumper (sanding, heating, fibreglass and paint I think)

I know it will physically fit, but I'm worried about the exhaust and can't visualise it.
Is the XL rear bumper pretty standard?
Just trying to work out if it's too deep, as the rider has dual exhaust tips poking through the lower part of the bumper. Don't want to fork out a few hundred quid and then get a call from the body shop " it don't fit, guv".
Anyone with an XL or HWS prepared to grab a tape measure on the depth so I can compare and see if I'm going to foul on it?

The bottom lip is 7 cm and the distance to the exhaust box is 10 cm
IMG_20220611_113128.resized.jpg
IMG_20220611_113105.resized.jpg
IMG_20220611_113100.resized.jpg

Just been for a poke aroubd a neighbour's Elgrand. We measured it as 7.5 inches (ooooh err) from lip to swage line, then another inch and half to tip of exhausts.
The Rider then carries on with a lower skirt/spoiler with the exhaust through that gap, so I think it will just fit underneath.
Or could be persuaded....🫣

Series 1 highway star with nismo back box hanging low. IMG_20220611_171324.jpg

IMG_20220614_191051749.jpg
O! Bother!!!😣

Well serves me right
Bob's revenge...
IMG_20220616_092316188.jpg
Imagine seating next to Bob on that flight...
Now that would definatly be a "Head between your knees an kiss your arse job"!!! 😳😁

Last edited:
Body shop have been authorised to make repairs to my rear end.
Phew.
Replacement light cluster arrived this morning from @saulius - who obviously studied packaging at the feet of the venerated @BMR .
Now just waiting to here what their idea of a "comparable sized vehicle" is......£5 on a Kia Picanto 1.0l 😂

Body shop have been authorised to make repairs to my rear end.
Phew.
Replacement light cluster arrived this morning from @saulius - who obviously studied packaging at the feet of the venerated @BMR .
Now just waiting to here what their idea of a "comparable sized vehicle" is......£5 on a Kia Picanto 1.0l 😂
When my XC60 went on I got a XC90 as the comparable sized vehicle. I may have lucked out as it wants even a Volvo dealership that sorted it in the end.

Why do people who drive for a living at eve the worst drivers …. Yeah I’m taking to you taxi drivers , your fucking shit at driving … wrong lanes on roundabouts, hogging the middle lane on motorway, no indicators used , etc ….

Why do people who drive for a living at eve the worst drivers …. Yeah I’m taking to you taxi drivers , your fucking shit at driving … wrong lanes on roundabouts, hogging the middle lane on motorway, no indicators used , etc ….
And lots of them now rolling around in Corolla hybrids. Toyota's.
I miss the days when bad taxi drivers all had Nissan Bluebirds....

Or Lada's
Where was that, Volgograd?😉
The Bluebird was the fastest mode of transport in my home town near Manchester for many, many years. I felt all misty eyes when a red bluebird came up for sale round the corner to me recently. Total shed, as befitting!

when my comparable size replacement arrived it was a volvo xc60 so my mrs mobility scooter was not going to fit even borrowing her dad's foldup one was a squeeze good luck

At high rpm over 2000, the charge disappears for a short time. Challenge accepted..

I'll go with the easy answer a...
Slipping alternator belt...???

Alternator regulator breaking down.

Funbus in for bumper and tailgate repair.
I'd supplied a new rear tail light...
I mention this to the front desk, having spoken to the assessor previously....
"Are you paying for that separately?
No, you can't get the parts, so I've sourced it for you"
🫣
I had to chase the hire car company as at 2:30pm yesterday they still hadn't told me what the plan was for drop off.....
"Oh, I see you have a Nissan Elgrand....how many of the 8 seats do you actually need?"
Let me see.....if I could get by with less than six, full size, comfortable seats without it feeling like a private hire, do you think I'd have bought a massive 2 ton+ petrol swigging import?
🫣
I will at some point after hell freezes over today, be holding the keys to a ford s-max. 😭

When my XC60 went on I got a XC90 as the comparable sized vehicle. I may have lucked out as it wants even a Volvo dealership that sorted it in the end.
My 7 seater Renault espace went in for repairs and the insurer sent us a ford fiesta. I have 5 kids.
One phonecall though and they sent us a hyundai Santa Fe that afternoon. We had it for a couple of weeks at a cost of hundreds £££😬.

My 7 seater Renault espace went in for repairs and the insurer sent us a ford fiesta. I have 5 kids.
One phonecall though and they sent us a hyundai Santa Fe that afternoon. We had it for a couple of weeks at a cost of hundreds £££😬.
It's ludicrous, isn't it?
Ford boast "3 full size seats".....er...nope. they're not. There's a certain irony in that Nissan give proper sized chairs that you can sit IN....but European car makers give you a seat that can barely contain a moderate sized derriere ( and now I'm 35kgs lighters, I'm told a don't have one anymore) and you feel like you're sat ON the car, perched there like pithy on a rock cake.
I checked out the hire company daily rates.....eyewatering. I could have rented from Hertz myself for less.🫣
Let's hope I don't have to put up with this for too long though. Hopefully repairing a cracked bumper,, slightly bent tailgate, switching out a tail light and a bit of paint won't take more than two days. Otherwise I've got 200+ miles to do with kids in the S-max.😭

Back