• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

WHAT THE FUCK???!!!!

Called in to 4 petrol stations on way home this afternoon. First three only had diesel, fourth had no diesel but both e10 and super unleaded.
There's been queues outside petrol stations here this evening 😡
Think back 12 months when petrol was £1 a litre and you could get from the north circular to Westminster in twenty minutes.. Esso and BP called, they want their lost profit back!
E5 super is at £1.40 now (80% of which goes to the treasury), the energy suppliers are screwing up recovery not the government

You live in Surrey, you are a stockbroker/finance person in a gazilion £ house the Northerners will crucify you now, just just don't mention the price of fried mars bars....
Unlike you "paupers" in Londinium @diable LOL

Think back 12 months when petrol was £1 a litre and you could get from the north circular to Westminster in twenty minutes.. Esso and BP called, they want their lost profit back!
E5 super is at £1.40 now (80% of which goes to the treasury), the energy suppliers are screwing up recovery not the government
They ARE the government some would argue. 🤔
Not me of course. I'm far too simple and innocent. Just a flat cap wearing whippet walking, fried Mars bar eating northerner...

Hegelian dialectic.
Not even sure I've spelt that correctly now.

You live in Surrey, you are a stockbroker/finance person in a gazilion £ house the Northerners will crucify you now, just just don't mention the price of fried mars bars....
I actually live in a London Borough that is now bankrupt, haven't worked as a "finance person" for over 18 years, live in a modest semi and have never eaten anything so gross as a fried Mars bar....

I actually live in a London Borough that is now bankrupt, haven't worked as a "finance person" for over 18 years, live in a modest semi and have never eaten anything so gross as a fried Mars bar....
Nice to know ups are not a Northerner we London Elgrand owners are a die'ing bread and need to stick together, you in Rebridge can't e worse than where I am.

Nice to know ups are not a Northerner we London Elgrand owners are a die'ing bread and need to stick together, you in Rebridge can't e worse than where I am.
I'm in London Borough of Croydon. Not many places worse than that....
That's why my profile says Surrey 🤣

They ARE the government some would argue. 🤔
Not me of course. I'm far too simple and innocent. Just a flat cap wearing whippet walking, fried Mars bar eating northerner...
I am not an anarchist, just a realist. The whole institution needs a complete shakedown from top to bottom. We have a civil service who have been set in their ways since the early 18th century, "big" business who can afford to bulldoze their way in to government affairs and policies, "career" politicians of all colours who serve their time and then join the board of multi-nationals (e.g. Nick Clegg, Libdem now Farcebook).
It has always been them and us, and it will always be us that suffer...

I'm in London Borough of Croydon. Not many places worse than that....
That's why my profile says Surrey 🤣
Ahhhh Croydon sheeeesh used to work near the Vodaphone building, can't be worse then eh eh eh

I am not an anarchist, just a realist. The whole institution needs a complete shakedown from top to bottom. We have a civil service who have been set in their ways since the early 18th century, "big" business who can afford to bulldoze their way in to government affairs and policies, "career" politicians of all colours who serve their time and then join the board of multi-nationals (e.g. Nick Clegg, Libdem now Farcebook).
I really do expect every institution is going to get a shakedown!

No point in getting angry you just need to play the system to benefit yourself, be it tax evasion cash in hand work, cough, importation/exportation you just need to massage the rules to your benefit.

No political discussions within the club
Last edited by a moderator:
No point in getting angry you just need to play the system to benefit yourself, be it tax evasion cash in hand work, cough, importation/exportation you just need to massage the rules to your benefit.
Not angry @diable just resigned to the fact that we live with the establishment we have. Doesn't matter who you vote for you still end up with a shower of shite

I'm a natural born pessimist @Mark76e I honestly believe that those who voted for Brexit are deliberately being shafted by a pro-europe elite who want to go "cap in hand" to Brussels begging to be let back in!
Will never be as bad as back in the day, people need to suffer to realise that what they have is fantastic....

Not angry @diable just resigned to the fact that we live with the establishment we have. Doesn't matter who you vote for you still end up with a shower of shite
Does not matter who you vote for, the Government always wins, I realised that a long time ago and play my own game by my rules.

I am thinking of starting up the Pensioners Party so that people can have a say.... anyways,

M362gmm.jpg

Back