• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

WHAT THE FUCK???!!!!

DART BLOODY CHARGE - Yesterday my wife received a Penalty Charge Notice from Dart Charge. £70 or £35 if paid within 14 days. I drove her car across the Dartford Crossing (blame it on the Satnav); the same evening I added her car registration number to my Dart Charge account. There was no obvious way of paying that days charge from the account, so I thought it would be paid automatically. Apparently you have to be telepathic and add the vehicle to the account before you use the crossing.

I put in an appeal online and it came back saying that they would reply to this within 56 days. Biting the bullet phoned their chargeable telephone number and it was sorted out over the phone.

If you don't use your account often enough they close it and keep the money. Nice bunch of people, huh!

What the FUCK!!! Four days of summer weather and already we are being warned to take care! Make the most of it, a four day summer in the UK is a cause for celebration and not more fckin moaning!
Personally, I blame the EU. Whilst we were members we had to make do with one sunny day in the summer, now we are out of the EU we get four sunny days in a row! Coincidence? I think not...
Only fly in the ointment is us Brits, give us more than two days of good weather and we start moaning that it's too hot, the BBC will blame global warning and, if the Green Party had their way, all Elgrand owners would be drowned on a ducking stool for causing it...........
On the plus side it's only 156 days to Christmas!! 🤩👍

I might be able to top the batman incident, I was working in the garden once and looked up to see a neighbour's 5 yr and 3yr olds standing on the window ledge having climbed through the bedroom window. Concrete patio below! I've never moved so fast in my life , through my house,into next doors and out under the window in case of slips, whilst the mother shot up stairs to the bed room.

Cloud seeding has been done for years. My thoughts on climate change are best suited to a different forum, suffice to say that a handful of ancient Japanese vans are not the cause!!
I suspect we're on the same sheet.
Just the idiocy of making rain somewhere and not expecting it to affect elsewhere...
Mess with the balance and then blame something else. Stupid people playing with dangerous toys.

I suspect we're on the same sheet.
Just the idiocy of making rain somewhere and not expecting it to affect elsewhere...
Mess with the balance and then blame something else. Stupid people playing with dangerous toys.
You mean like the err Industrial Revolution, invention of gunpowder and alcohol?

DART BLOODY CHARGE - Yesterday my wife received a Penalty Charge Notice from Dart Charge. £70 or £35 if paid within 14 days. I drove her car across the Dartford Crossing (blame it on the Satnav); the same evening I added her car registration number to my Dart Charge account. There was no obvious way of paying that days charge from the account, so I thought it would be paid automatically. Apparently you have to be telepathic and add the vehicle to the account before you use the crossing.

I put in an appeal online and it came back saying that they would reply to this within 56 days. Biting the bullet phoned their chargeable telephone number and it was sorted out over the phone.

If you don't use your account often enough they close it and keep the money. Nice bunch of people, huh!
A friend of mine went through in a hire van, number plate all registered, all fine you think, WRONG!!!!

They write to him with a penalty charge notice as he had not paid the correct amount, he has paid £1 short.

He eventually managed to find that they had taken the wrong amount from his card and that as he had no control over what they took it was their problem and fault.

They insisted he should pay the penalty so he hung up and phoned back to get a different person on the phone who agreed it was their fault and they would take the extra £1 from his card and cancel the penalty charge.

RESULT but what a screw up on their part.

A friend of mine went through in a hire van, number plate all registered, all fine you think, WRONG!!!!

They write to him with a penalty charge notice as he had not paid the correct amount, he has paid £1 short.

He eventually managed to find that they had taken the wrong amount from his card and that as he had no control over what they took it was their problem and fault.

They insisted he should pay the penalty so he hung up and phoned back to get a different person on the phone who agreed it was their fault and they would take the extra £1 from his card and cancel the penalty charge.

RESULT but what a screw up on their part.
What gets me, is that when companies make a mistake its a "clerical error". When individuals do the same thing its "theft"!

What gets me, is that when companies make a mistake its a "clerical error". When individuals do the same thing its "theft"!
If the dwp overpays certain benefits due to their error, they can ask for it back, but no legal requirement for you to actually agree to return it, it's their error (unless you lied, didn't notify of a change).
Your employer makes a clerical error and overpays you, you better return it or tell them of their mistake (assuming you know) or else.
If it's blatant, in that you didnt work at all, fair enough. But if they're careless to pay out for 100 hours rather than 10, it's their fault and they will be more careful next time, otherwise, where's the incentive to learn (or get rid of the ham-fisted knuckle-dragging,amoeba-brained swamp donkey making repeated costly mistakes?)

"....otherwise, where's the incentive to learn (or get rid of the ham-fisted knuckle-dragging,amoeba-brained swamp donkey making repeated costly mistakes?)"

Surely the incentive is that this produces the next generation of political leaders?

If the dwp overpays certain benefits due to their error, they can ask for it back, but no legal requirement for you to actually agree to return it, it's their error (unless you lied, didn't notify of a change).
Your employer makes a clerical error and overpays you, you better return it or tell them of their mistake (assuming you know) or else.
If it's blatant, in that you didnt work at all, fair enough. But if they're careless to pay out for 100 hours rather than 10, it's their fault and they will be more careful next time, otherwise, where's the incentive to learn (or get rid of the ham-fisted knuckle-dragging,amoeba-brained swamp donkey making repeated costly mistakes?)
I believe that Elgrand owners are in no need of DWP benefits as if they know you own an Elgrand a tank full of fuel is more that what you would receive in unemployment benefits. ;o)))

"....otherwise, where's the incentive to learn (or get rid of the ham-fisted knuckle-dragging,amoeba-brained swamp donkey making repeated costly mistakes?)"

Surely the incentive is that this produces the next generation of political leaders?
Wrong, they go to Uni, study law then get jobs in Politics where being a muppet is a prerequisite.

If you were running any sort of a business are there any of the current batch of political leaders that you would be happy to employ?

I, personally, would not touch any of them and as for Dominic Cummins, if the guidelines said "Stay at home" irrespective of threats, why come all the way to County Durham?
Then why drive 30 miles to see if your eyes are working correctly, just look out of the window and you should know.
If any business decides to employ that one they need help and a trip to the funny farm.

Rant over, I think I will take some tablets and have a cold bath!!

I think in any group of people - locals, tourists, young, old, whatever- there will be percentage who are @rseholes, the rest being normal decent folk. Best to just ignore the @rseholes. Remember, they have to go through life being an @rsehole.

The exception being EOC members of course 😊
Absobloodylutely😂😂😂

Of course this is assuming we haven't all starved to death by then.

#HarbingerOfDoom

Back