• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

WHAT THE FUCK???!!!!

Trying to arrange meeting up with some friends for a BBQ who are all ready booked on a campsite site but its full and another a short distance away wants 2 nights minimum stay and £50 to park on grass without hook up.

Think I'll just go in the car and come home as its only 1 hour away.

If prices are like this everywhere I can foresee all the new Covid Campers selling their vans and going back to Spain.

Trying to arrange meeting up with some friends for a BBQ who are all ready booked on a campsite site but its full and another a short distance away wants 2 nights minimum stay and £50 to park on grass without hook up.

If prices are like this everywhere I can foresee all the new Covid Campers selling their vans and going back to Spain.
New forest camps sites are £27 per night ,down to £16 depending on facilities ,,, painful

A lot of people who holidayed in the UK before covid are peaved that those who always holidayed abroad but due to covid have booked holidays in the UK have seen campsites get fully booked up. Some who holidayed at the same UK sites every year have been unable to book a holiday this year. After covid when those who normally always holiday abroad return to holidaying abroad some of these sites might see that if they don't have loyalty for long term customers the long term customers will no longer have loyalty for them. There is fairness in first come first served but if you run a campsite and know Mr+Mrs Smith and kids always book in March for the first 2 weeks in August on pitch 50 and you sold that slot in January to Joe Bloggs who normally holidays abroad, and put your prices way up for the slot they did manage to book in September, you should expect Mr+Mrs Smith to book elsewhere in future.

Prices seem to have jumped up quite a bit thus year particularly near the coast. Where I often stay in Cornwall is charging £44 a night fir van and 2 people.

I haven't been to this site before but for £25 a night I'd normally get electric and hard standing included.

I had trouble booking in for a one night stay in the new forest… sometimes it’s more fun finding a old farmers field that he has put a toilet bock and camp there .. had some great fun on those kinda camp sites in the past..

Just found out that the guy I took my bumper to last Friday, just told my son who messaged him to see how the bumper was going that he has had Corona so my bumper will not be ready now until next week!
WTF it would have been nice to let me know so I can protect my family and get tested as I have not been feeling 100% since last week and I I was wearing a mask, unlike all the other Dutch citizens that have now been told they do not need to wear masks.

I usually see my daughter on a Saturday through most of the day but didn't see her today as she has been off school poorly (not covid) for a couple of days.

So I looked at an Elgrand I LPG converted a while ago, owner said it had started not switching to LPG and I did witness it not switch to LPG... but then it behaved perfectly and always switched. There was no thorough disgnosis to be had with it behaving properly and with the LPG system not reporting any errors, so I swapped the tank valve solenoid, the engine bay solenoid, the pressure sensor and the ECU.... Swapping that lot should ensure the same doesn't happen again even though there was nothing pointing to any of those components having a problem.

Then I finished off fitting the towbar I started on Friday, I always advise customers that if they think they might want a towbar in future, get one fitted either before LPG conversion or ask me to fit one at time of LPG conversion, or otherwise most towbar fitters (including myself) will have to lower the LPG tank during fitting the towbar which is unecessary extra work if only things are done in best order. I supply and fit towbars but this owner had bought his own, before arranging a date/time for fitting the towbar I asked the owner what electrics he had bought (as in 7 pin, 7 pin with additional socket for caravan electrics as in 7n and 7s electrics, 13 pin, normal wiring or isolation relay wiring, did he want 'caravan' electrics (for charging caravan battery and powering a caravan fridge etc) in case of 13 pin, etc. He didn't know if he'd even bought electrics with the towbar. But when it arrived on Friday he'd bought the 13 pin with isolation relay that needs a 12v feed and with 'caravan relay'. So the job of fitting the towbar electrics involved running wires through the car to the battery, and to access the grommet in the firewall to run the wires through it means removing the wiper mechanism. Wouldn't usually expect to remove a vehicle's wiper mechanism during fitting a towbar.

Then next week I have 2 Elgrands to convert to LPG (as usual). But next week I have a dentist appointment, and an MRI scan at a local hospital. So to ensure I'd have enough time to get my work done next week today I had to modify some tank valves, fit valves to tanks, purge air out of tanks, fill tanks with a little LPG for testing purposes, and make up some pressure reducer assemblies.

Yesterday morning I thought today might be my first almost work free day for a long time, instead I still worked 11 hours.

You've worn me out just reading that 😑

That's a lot of work, plus the pressure of getting the jobs done to schedules! That's what sometimes customers don't understand and can get unhappy when the
unnecessarily work takes you longer to complete the job.
Boy am I glad am retired 🙂,

Hears hoping MRI & dentist go's a lot smoother for you!

I usually see my daughter on a Saturday through most of the day but didn't see her today as she has been off school poorly (not covid) for a couple of days.

So I looked at an Elgrand I LPG converted a while ago, owner said it had started not switching to LPG and I did witness it not switch to LPG... but then it behaved perfectly and always switched. There was no thorough disgnosis to be had with it behaving properly and with the LPG system not reporting any errors, so I swapped the tank valve solenoid, the engine bay solenoid, the pressure sensor and the ECU.... Swapping that lot should ensure the same doesn't happen again even though there was nothing pointing to any of those components having a problem.

Then I finished off fitting the towbar I started on Friday, I always advise customers that if they think they might want a towbar in future, get one fitted either before LPG conversion or ask me to fit one at time of LPG conversion, or otherwise most towbar fitters (including myself) will have to lower the LPG tank during fitting the towbar which is unecessary extra work if only things are done in best order. I supply and fit towbars but this owner had bought his own, before arranging a date/time for fitting the towbar I asked the owner what electrics he had bought (as in 7 pin, 7 pin with additional socket for caravan electrics as in 7n and 7s electrics, 13 pin, normal wiring or isolation relay wiring, did he want 'caravan' electrics (for charging caravan battery and powering a caravan fridge etc) in case of 13 pin, etc. He didn't know if he'd even bought electrics with the towbar. But when it arrived on Friday he'd bought the 13 pin with isolation relay that needs a 12v feed and with 'caravan relay'. So the job of fitting the towbar electrics involved running wires through the car to the battery, and to access the grommet in the firewall to run the wires through it means removing the wiper mechanism. Wouldn't usually expect to remove a vehicle's wiper mechanism during fitting a towbar.

Then next week I have 2 Elgrands to convert to LPG (as usual). But next week I have a dentist appointment, and an MRI scan at a local hospital. So to ensure I'd have enough time to get my work done next week today I had to modify some tank valves, fit valves to tanks, purge air out of tanks, fill tanks with a little LPG for testing purposes, and make up some pressure reducer assemblies.

Yesterday morning I thought today might be my first almost work free day for a long time, instead I still worked 11 hours.
Yes, but apart from all that, how was your Saturday? 😂

Yesterday morning I thought today might be my first almost work free day for a long time, instead I still worked 11 hours.Simon @Lpgc; I’ll not bug you again trying to

Simon @Lpgc , I promise I’ll not bug you again and stick with my Sept install date 👍🏻😁
On a serious note though, I do need to make an informed decision before install date whether I do want tow bar fitting. Looking at it, if I do get one fitted which is looking likely, to get best out of it I’d need a 13pin system fitted. I guess a conversation at some point to coordinate what’s best for you and me would be good?
Hope dentist and MRI goes as well as can be expected. 👊🏻

And there's me looking out on a view from a cottage in Boscastle wondering if we should pop in for a beer before the Sunday cavery at village pub. Fridge double checked for cold beer/wine for tonight, route planned for costal walk tomorrow, checked bus times for return trip after walk. Weather check for lazy beach day on Tuesday, Wednesday more walking, beach Thurday and Friday who knows? Finishing work is hard work, so hats definately off to @Lpgc , hope your daughter gets well soon and good luck with the scan and dentist👍

Try Britstops and/or other web sites that suggest some free parking overnight. Unless you really need the hook-up it's a good alternative.

We've got BBC News on, seeing drone shots of London live now. Scummy people throwing objects at a Police van.
WTF?!
What a country.

Back