• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

WHAT THE FUCK???!!!!

Just had a call from "BT Technical Department", I must try and think of a better way of answering these calls, than screaming "Bollocks, bollocks, bollocks ...................." 😒
What you have to do is to play thick as it keeps them on the line for as long as possible.
Pretend you don't understand what they are saying and ask for more explanation.
You insist that you don't have a computer and then pretend that you cannot hear them and keep saying hello.
Drives them to put the phone down.
:imp: :imp: :imp:

What you have to do is to play thick as it keeps them on the line for as long as possible.
Pretend you don't understand what they are saying and ask for more explanation.
You insist that you don't have a computer and then pretend that you cannot hear them and keep saying hello.
Drives them to put the phone down.
:imp: :imp: :imp:
I've done that a few times now, but got fed up last time and went back to 🤬

No its great keeping them online. I've told them I need to answer the door ect and they always seem to wait. They hang up when you eventually tell them the laptop has come up with a warning message 'Tell the scamming twat to feck off' They still keep calling back.

My 2.4 Volvo takes 6 litres, which is one more than the Elgrand, but 9 litres! Does it have combined engine and gearbox lubrication like motorbike engines?

Wow that filter and think they hold about 4.5l of oilo_O

lol no.
Its on an angle in the bay and has the wrong dipstick in it. Too short.
So whoever checked the oil thought it was empty,
It is supposed to have a longer dipstick in it.

lol no.
Its on an angle in the bay and has the wrong dipstick in it. Too short.
So whoever checked the oil thought it was empty,
It is supposed to have a longer dipstick in it.
I've never seen a filter like that before and the short dipstick would explain the oil but surely you would check or think something isn't right pouring that amount in,does it run bet your brothers right pissed off :(

Yeh it runs but was not great.
He took the fuel filter off to change it.
Emptied the excess fuel out as you do and realised how heavy it was so cut it open.
He never drove it just started it up as it was in the showroom and had no mot.
They mot'd it and then delivered it to him on a flatbed.

Yeh it runs but was not great.
He took the fuel filter off to change it.
Emptied the excess fuel out as you do and realised how heavy it was so cut it open.
He never drove it just started it up as it was in the showroom and had no mot.
They mot'd it and then delivered it to him on a flatbed.
Fingers crossed it's right after a good old service

Yeh should be.
Told him to put a clear inline filter before the new one so he can see if the tank needs cleaning.

Bear with me.
How much oil is there in a Elgrand engine 3.5 v6?
My brother has just dropped the oil in his vw thing and this came out of a 2.0 golf gti engine.
9lts

View attachment 39276

View attachment 39277
Jesus christ thats a lot for a golf, in fact its nearly double the capacity
I would be worried if this was mine.......normally this much oil would go foamy and wouldn't be able to do its job, engine would poss misfire/stall/overheat etc, could even lock it up
If none of this was happening then it may only just have been overfilled etc....but with that filter I would be very worried

😤 Mr Magsy and I have been up for most of the early hours this morning.... Living on our nerves! Our 'park' bench was taken from right under our living room window at 12:15am this morning! The sheer cheek of it! We both heard some scraping noise, then jumped up to open the front door....in that short amount of time, the scum was gone! Literally seconds! And its quite a heavy bit of kit! And its ancient... Why??? Anyhoo, Mr Magsy made a sweep of the area, and found it stuffed into a hedge in the nearby field....it beggars belief! He reckons that he encountered the punk (was foreign) because he was so shifty and legged it pretty rapidly! I called 101 to report the incident, but line was constantly engaged. I know its not an essential to our lives, but its the thought of someone violating the place you call home. Its bare faced cheek. The choker of it is, we have just installed a door bell camera, and it won't play that video back!! Every other video it will, but not that poxy one!! Grrr! Typical! It isn't the first theft we've had either - in full lockdown we had a trailer wheel taken....but we had the last laugh on that, the wheel was buckled and we had been meaning to dispose of it for a while😁 Mr Magsy now getting some much needed sleep. Poor chap is shattered!

😤 Mr Magsy and I have been up for most of the early hours this morning.... Living on our nerves! Our 'park' bench was taken from right under our living room window at 12:15am this morning! The sheer cheek of it! We both heard some scraping noise, then jumped up to open the front door....in that short amount of time, the scum was gone! Literally seconds! And its quite a heavy bit of kit! And its ancient... Why??? Anyhoo, Mr Magsy made a sweep of the area, and found it stuffed into a hedge in the nearby field....it beggars belief! He reckons that he encountered the punk (was foreign) because he was so shifty and legged it pretty rapidly! I called 101 to report the incident, but line was constantly engaged. I know its not an essential to our lives, but its the thought of someone violating the place you call home. Its bare faced cheek. The choker of it is, we have just installed a door bell camera, and it won't play that video back!! Every other video it will, but not that poxy one!! Grrr! Typical! It isn't the first theft we've had either - in full lockdown we had a trailer wheel taken....but we had the last laugh on that, the wheel was buckled and we had been meaning to dispose of it for a while😁 Mr Magsy now getting some much needed sleep. Poor chap is shattered!
Scumbags. Presuming its metal probably going to weigh it in for scrap which is ridiculous as it'll be worth next to nothing. :(

When we were getting our bathroom re fitted due to a water leak.. some thieving sods nicked our bath from our drive in broad daylight ,,was going to refit it..

Exactly. I would rather give them the darn thing than they just take it. After dragging it out of the hedge, it is now chained up out the back😤 its also our poor cat that I feel sorry for - she loved sitting on that bench just watching the world go by! I am just grateful that we are all OK, albeit shaken and tired.

Back