• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

WHAT THE FUCK???!!!!

My Elgrand journey came to an abrupt end today as it was wrapped around a boulder in a ditch just off the a1 in Yorkshire. I luckily walked away with just whiplash... I suppose it’s good news for you lot as it might mean more spares in the breakers yard when they inevitably write off my wheels. I’m gutted and its likely to be expensive even though it’ll be coming out of my insurance. Just hope I can get the rest of my stuff and the translated nav comp before they scrap it! Sad day but at least nobody was hurt.

I’ll let you know how I get on with the insurance company. I’m with markerstudy through japcover/markrichards. I’m sure they’ll write it off but wether they give me near the Cash I paid for it 3 months ago we shall see...

I’ll let you know how I get on with the insurance company. I’m with markerstudy through japcover/markrichards. I’m sure they’ll write it off but wether they give me near the Cash I paid for it 3 months ago we shall see...
If they dont offer you what it will cost for an equal replacement then dont except it. Stand your ground and dont be afraid to bring the insurance ombudsman into the picture.
Hopefully though all will be well. 🤞

Bad News, good to hear your ok,
Any crash you walk away from is a Good one🍺

Whatever happens do not accept the first offer.
You should start now getting prices of vehicles of the same specification, with the same extras, mileage and anything else so that you can tell them exactly what it will cost to replace it.
You only had it 3 months so you are not looking at trade in value, insist you are looking at replacement and use the higher values that you find.
Stick to your guns and you should be able to get a decent offer from them.

@Elglen Very sorry to read about the accident.
I'm just off the A1 in Yorkshire, what happened and whereabouts?

I was just looking for some vinyl on the internet and came saw this about window tinting:
  • Tinting your car windows can help to improve fuel efficiency
???

I was just looking for some vinyl on the internet and came saw this about window tinting:
  • Tinting your car windows can help to improve fuel efficiency
???

Help's keep the heat down on the inside on sunny days, so less use of the AirCon, less aircon = better fuel efficiency... apparently :)

Help's keep the heat down on the inside on sunny days, so less use of the AirCon, less aircon = better fuel efficiency... apparently :)
Sounds like home insulation, takes about 25 years for pay back :laughing:

Don't make sense anyway as front screen is the biggest glass area and no tint---and lets face it , we all like to pull up facing the sun

Back