• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

What have you done to your Elgrand today?

WTF.
In for a penny in for a pound as the saying goes.
If you don't hear from me for a week come looking for me as I am just about to tell Janet I have just ordered these. o_O
full (1).jpg

Dezent - TV dark (Black / Polished)

SIZE PCD CENTRE BORE OFFSET LOAD
8x18" 5x114.3 71.60 35.00 930kg

And going to be wearing these.

20240423_184628.jpg

WTF.
If you don't hear from me for a week come looking for me as I am just about to tell Janet I have just ordered these. o_O
View attachment 101105

View attachment 101106
Brave man Andy 🤣

WTF.
View attachment 101105

View attachment 101106
They will look great Andy, I hope telling your good lady isn't too painful.

WTF.
View attachment 101105

View attachment 101106
Those are top notch, the Premium Contact 7.

I'd be scared of the amount of diamond cut/machined stuff on those wheels though! I know you're very knowledgable with detaining, but on many a diamond cut, they are inherently c**p and whatever you do uber care wise, (ph neutral wheel shampoo, regular sealant etc) they still go pop.

Last edited:
I picked up my beautiful Nissan Rider Autech about two months ago, and it's been a bit of an adjustment. Since we drive on the left side of the road here in Canada, I've had to adapt to driving on the right. It's a learning experience, and I'm being extra cautious to avoid any accidents. 😢

Speaking of which, shortly after getting the car, I got a little too close to the curb and ended up with some scratches on those pristine 20-inch rims – ouch! It seems like I've been collecting minor dents and scratches ever since. :sob:

Instead of lowering the van as I originally planned, I'm thinking about lifting it for some light off-roading adventures. I've already swapped the rims to a more practical 16-inch size to accommodate tires with taller sidewalls. I might even be able to go down to 15 inches for even more off-road capability.

Right now I'm using Nokian Outpost APT All-Terrain, all weather tires in a 215/65/16 size. They're all-weather tires with a mud and snow (M+S) rating and the three-peak mountain snowflake (3PMSF) symbol, so they'll handle anything Canada throws at me.

The next step is a lift kit, and I'm considering one from a Nissan Pathfinder. However, I'm still researching compatibility and options. If anyone reading this has recommendations for lifting a Rider Autech, especially from folks in Australia with similar right-hand-drive experience, I'd love to hear your advice! 🙏

Since we drive on the left side of the road here in Canada
I'm sure someone will be along to help you with your technical questions but in the meantime are you sure you should be driving on the left side of the road in Canada 🤔
My cousin lives in Vancouver and he might be pretty worried meeting you coming the other way 😆

did it snap ?
I'll give you the long story. Purchased an e50 that was not running. Would start, sound great for first 5 seconds in high idle then die and smell like fuel. Did all the other stuff like all new sensors, distributor, plugs, wire, fuel filter and pump etc etc. Nothing changed. Finally ripped plenum off and fuel rail thinking fuel pressure regulator or injectors. To my surprise found number 1 injector port full of fuel. Could put a 4 inch screwdriver in all in fuel. I thought I had found my problem ( a leaking injector ). Took spark plug out and cranked it to clear fuel. NOTHING all fuel still to top of injector port. Obviously inlet valve not opening. Removed timing cover etc and seen rhs cam gear backed out and belt slipping forward on lhs cam gear. Turned over crank with a socket. Crank and cam gear spin but cam didn't. Was snapped in front journal. Just ordered a cam from a wreckers today. Now is the fun part to see if the vg33e is an interference motor with bent valves or a freewheeling motor. Lot of debate out there. Ordered a $15 borescope camera today as well to check out valves in closed position to see if damage. The vg33e sounded like a Swiss watch for first 5 seconds running on 1 head, could even feather the pedal and get it to 3k revs without any valve noise.

yikes !!!! its not often a camshaft snapes !!!! I hope the new cam does the job, good luck. 👍
Actually doing a google search on that engine I seen a few that snapped in same place. I was hoping it just broke the cam gear dowel and gear spinning freely or the gear bolt was loose and backed out. The interference engine stuff is highly debatable from my research. Apparently this engine has lower lift cam and deeper cut outs in pistons leaving a tiny gap that can save you if not under load heavily. Old owner says happened on an offramp low speed apparently. Who knows though. Can only keep fingers crossed 👍

O
Actually doing a google search on that engine I seen a few that snapped in same place. I was hoping it just broke the cam gear dowel and gear spinning freely or the gear bolt was loose and backed out. The interference engine stuff is highly debatable from my research. Apparently this engine has lower lift cam and deeper cut outs in pistons leaving a tiny gap that can save you if not under load heavily. Old owner says happened on an offramp low speed apparently. Who knows though. Can only keep fingers crossed 👍
Old owner said driving and suddenly lost power on offramp. I just assumed crank sensor or distributor/cam angle sensor etc.

Vinyl wrapped my spotlight surrounds.

jK34BJt.webp

Back