• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

What have you done to your Elgrand today?

Would it then become a Nishikoi Elgrand

Been to a local car show in Heage, Derbyshire. Thanks to @BMR for posting the details and arranging the pre-meet.
Good to also meet @Ian H and @Deanhempshall and pick their brains . Not a bad Elgrand representation:
20211010_104922.jpg

Also met someone that had obviously been beaten by the petrol crisis:
20211010_115334.jpg

Still buzzing from JDM yesterday with the amazing EOC, I continued polishing out the scuffs left by the convertion company (not one of their own Vans so why give a fff.. 😡) and Gummi Pfledged all my rubber 😊

Last edited:
Today, as the weather is so fine, I gave the carpets a wash with my Little Green carpet cleaner. Then went for a drive to post a letter with the aircon on full blast to help dry it out.

Now the French aren't into cars like the Brits are. Anything old is just old and been run into the ground. So I was surprised and delighted to spot this little Elgrand ancestor in such good condition parked in the streets of Josselin.

View attachment 63240
Lovely old datsun remember my dad having one when I was a lad

Gave it a wash again (second in 2 days lol bloody rain and muddy roads)
And converted my rear lowers lights to DRL's
Thanks @Stempy
Thought you had broken them earlier.

Thought you had broken them earlier.
No I thought the brake lights were on the centre bar but they are in the bottom ones lol
Had a bulb out on the passenger side small light too.
All sorted now.
And the DRL's look great. 👍

my garage has fitted a Sugoi campers swivel seat (£300) and it has made a huuge and wonderful difference for lounging drinking tea after chilly quarry swimming. I am thrilled. They weren’t sure if the mechanism would work for E50s but with slight modification (re-drilling holes) it works fine - a bit stiff but will loosen with use.
Also replaced the water pump and wired in decent speakers and subwoofer.
I remade curtains which are blackout - too heavy for the electric curtain closing thing but I don’t care about that. Just super happy with my van

Attachments

• 63FE5521-190A-450A-8F83-1FED5D67F329.jpeg
    63FE5521-190A-450A-8F83-1FED5D67F329.jpeg
    586.6 KB · Views: 42
my garage has fitted a Sugoi campers swivel seat (£300) and it has made a huuge and wonderful difference for lounging drinking tea after chilly quarry swimming. I am thrilled. They weren’t sure if the mechanism would work for E50s but with slight modification (re-drilling holes) it works fine - a bit stiff but will loosen with use.
Also replaced the water pump and wired in decent speakers and subwoofer.
I remade curtains which are blackout - too heavy for the electric curtain closing thing but I don’t care about that. Just super happy with my van
Nice to know they fit e50 , what drilling needs done and is they much difference in height of seat

Nice to know they fit e50 , what drilling needs done and is they much difference in height of seat
When they placed the seat on top the holes didn’t line up exactly - think the hold on the Sugoi unit were slightly wider than the fixings on the base of the seat so they just drilled a few centimetres in on the unit. The seat is about 10cm higher, not massively noticeable

Back