• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

What have you done to your Elgrand today?

Todays the day to address my smellie Ellie!
Smells like an ash tray after import.
Am I supporting illegal immigration by taking to a local hand car valeting shop? … none of the guys can ever speak English

Am I supporting illegal immigration by taking to a local hand car valeting shop? … none of the guys can ever speak English
Nah, just modern day slavery so you should be fine ;o))))

I picked mine up.....that's what I've done with my Elgrand today.

Picked her up from Matt @Just Japanese , what a top guy.

Nice drive back to Sheffield......with traffic etc 3 and a bit hours of feeling like a pimp with those awesome alloys!
Looks 😎 . Love the wheels. Sparkly like an expensive watch 😆

I picked mine up.....that's what I've done with my Elgrand today.

Picked her up from Matt @Just Japanese , what a top guy.

Nice drive back to Sheffield......with traffic etc 3 and a bit hours of feeling like a pimp with those awesome alloys!
I'll keep my eyes peeled, we are in Chesterfield.

I’ve scrubbed mine and squeegeed the headlining. Mingin!!! Like cappuccino coming out of it.
also worked out how to rotate the seats and get the middle bolster unfolded
Pls share Any more secrets ie best layout for a bed - is it possible.

Attachments

• 5B6848E3-29CA-4774-8816-58D7137C14A7.jpeg
    5B6848E3-29CA-4774-8816-58D7137C14A7.jpeg
    501.1 KB · Views: 17
  • 4DE6EED3-D23E-45B0-9C3D-591171778625.jpeg
    4DE6EED3-D23E-45B0-9C3D-591171778625.jpeg
    570.9 KB · Views: 17
  • F95736D0-4690-415A-B2DE-39B389FD0D43.jpeg
    F95736D0-4690-415A-B2DE-39B389FD0D43.jpeg
    496 KB · Views: 17
Well, quite the day. I changed my safety pin jumpers on the RCA -> TVB cable with connectors. Jumped in the middle to make sure it all worked and then found the third remote... DOH
I then tackled the FM band modifier. Got everything out and there was one already fitted. For some reason I was expecting the actual range to change on screen but now it makes sense that it just adds 18MHz or so on to it...
At least nothing is broken anyway.

Got my Rider back today.
Big thanks to @stevemen at

TOJOMOTORS-UK​

For looking after her and giving her a new heart.

Your a star mate.

So now I have put her up for sale

HERE
You will have no bother selling mate don't think i could let it go :sob::weary_face:

Just read through all the posts as Im new on here, Took my daughters E50 for a rear brake check after failing the mot. One fitter said he would have passed it as they are rears and don't do a lot anyway! the other fitter said there was a bit of a wobble showing out of round drum, and he would have failed it! So its passed but it will need sorting. Just one more week till I get my E51VG.Its coming from Worcester Road Motors, Stourport on Trent. They seem to have a good setup! Any comments from anyone?
Regards Rod.
Getting my XL from them soon....did you find honest and straight ? the salesman 's name is Paul....never used them before so you can never tell.

Got up this morning feeling a little rough, so thought I'd get out and give the van a basic clean. Then loaded it up with 5 garden chairs, parasol, sack of play balls, baby sit in entertainment thingmebob, a load of pop up tents, the kids and the wife then we went of for BBQ and drinks...think she will be driving home
Transferred my new personal plate onto the bus and got some Japanese size plates made and fitted. Looks so much better now!
Sorry I know its years but what size are the jap plates ? I guess that they would be "show plates" over here

Cheers! You’re really helpful 😂 I always feel bad when I use these guys.
So you should, putting your pride and joy through their torturous to paintwork wash routine

Mine had a grimy smell to it as well, in fact it was commented on the auction sheet. I have washed the seats, carpets and all plastics over the year I’ve owned it and either I have got used to the smell or I’ve actually got rid of it.

If all else fails I fitted this rubber mat yesterday and the smell from it over powers everything else :joy:
6111EF5D-4321-4DDC-A2D6-EF1D9377133C.jpeg

Today, as the weather is so fine, I gave the carpets a wash with my Little Green carpet cleaner. Then went for a drive to post a letter with the aircon on full blast to help dry it out.

Now the French aren't into cars like the Brits are. Anything old is just old and been run into the ground. So I was surprised and delighted to spot this little Elgrand ancestor in such good condition parked in the streets of Josselin.

IMG_20211010_153752_6.jpg

Back