• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

What have you done to your Elgrand today?

Let us know how you get on, I was looking at those but I have a centre box between the front seats and a Bose Sub under the passenger seat so would be troublesome to fit.
Hi. Well..... the installation video made it look easy peasy! The grinding off a couple rivet heads turned into cutting through spot and bead welds also to get the stock feet off. Had to cut the rear plastic trim to fit a little. I also had a subwoofer which was in the way of the swivel lock pin. I'm pretty sure it's not live, but regardless I have the xanavi English translation kit coming and will do a new sub woofer as part of that installation. Sugoi were very helpful on the phone when I had a few questions. It was a bit off a faff, but now I know how to put a swivel seat base in an e51 :) Once you done it a few times it takes seconds to spin. It's very stable and everything locks into place. Opens the van up with the middle seats out :)

Attachments

• 20210730_170135.jpg
    20210730_170135.jpg
    310 KB · Views: 32
  • 20210730_171321.jpg
    20210730_171321.jpg
    364.4 KB · Views: 35
Thanks, I watched the Sugoi video
which answered my Q about fitting existing seat to this unit (I hadn’t been sure if a special seat was needed) and makes it look easy enough - with the right tools. What I couldn’t see from the video is how well the swivel mechanism works, how you get it to turn and how stable it feels when in position. Will you be posting about yours once you’ve fitted it?
Hi. I posted a review on my op :)

Hi. Well..... the installation video made it look easy peasy! The grinding off a couple rivet heads turned into cutting through spot and bead welds also to get the stock feet off. Had to cut the rear plastic trim to fit a little. I also had a subwoofer which was in the way of the swivel lock pin. I'm pretty sure it's not live, but regardless I have the xanavi English translation kit coming and will do a new sub woofer as part of that installation. Sugoi were very helpful on the phone when I had a few questions. It was a bit off a faff, but now I know how to put a swivel seat base in an e51 :) Once you done it a few times it takes seconds to spin. It's very stable and everything locks into place. Opens the van up with the middle seats out :)
Interesting to see fitted , the factory swivel seats in a e50 locate on a slight angle so both seats are slightly facing towards each other like the way yours goes straight back 👍

Can you fit your existing passenger seat to this unit?
The curtains are easily detached and washable, you'll be surprised at the lightness of the 'clean' colour, they do look very dirty!! Worth trying washing first, a lot cheaper than having new ones made?
thanks, I’m making them myself with sewing machine, but I will wash them in case mine don’t work out or if they’re too heavy

I’ve still yet to do a single thing to my Ellie as it appears to be sat on a boat in the Med still. Hopefully it will only be about another three weeks. Then dog knows long it will take to get it registered. Ah well, I could always tell Mrs Chocy it’s an early Christmas present for her.
Snap! We are in the (quite Possably) same boat😁 it's been 6 weeks now & like you say registration could take a while!
Let's hope our better halfs appreciated how generous we are with our Christmas pressies!😉

Interesting to see fitted , the factory swivel seats in a e50 locate on a slight angle so both seats are slightly facing towards each other like the way yours goes straight back 👍
Thats with it locked in place, but it can turn to any angle it will go in the space allowed 👍

That’s what I meant when it’s locked into place
There is quite a bit of friction between the 2 plates. It doesn't move to freely so that if not locked in place it's easy to swivel. It feels comfortable at an angle 👍

Happy to say I just bought an Elgrand locally, hadn’t heard of them before, it’s gorgeous and in good nick for a 1998 vehicle - or so I thought! Took it to garage for a once over - good news is not much rust and only the suspension ball joints and tyres need replacing. However the electrics are a complete bodge; nothing works (fridge/ pump/sockets). Garage recommended this split charge kit and a new fridge - duly ordered. The blinds are pretty minging so I’m making replacements from some unused curtains. It should be sorted for voyage next week. Excited to set off in those comfy seats, reminds me of a Hymer. I’m slightly worried about fuel consumption, £80 to fill up and the gauge has already gone down a lot after just driving it home and once to Sainsbury’s. Was hoping to sell my Yeti and use the van as my main car.. may have to rethink that. Already wondering if I can change the front passenger seat so it swivels round to the back..
You can try and dye the curtains.

You can try and dye the curtains.
ooh good idea if my sewing skills let me down, also the fabric I’ve got may turn out to be too bulky - no way they’re gonna concertina with nifty precision like the originals!

Just dropped out the space saver and popped a full size in the cage, thanks E51ZRider! Used the jack to close the cage, should have let a little air out of the tyre too but that's the sort of shit you think of afterwards! Get in you b#####d! Also found the tinkling heatshield that's cut loose. Need to secure it as it's been botched.

Hi Draco, one quick question, have you got the two shorter leads (led strips) on the right of the van near the box/antenna in the corner and then the other two longer leads going through the boot and round to the other side?
Nope, one long and one short on each side.

Back