• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

What have you done to your Elgrand today?

I mucked around with the stereo a bit, found out how to turn on the subwoofer I didn't know about. That showed that I've got a loose/damaged speaker in the rear passenger door. System sounds great still.
Ordered a jetwash and snow foamer.
Still waiting for a dry day to clean and photograph...

Happy to say I just bought an Elgrand locally, hadn’t heard of them before, it’s gorgeous and in good nick for a 1998 vehicle - or so I thought! Took it to garage for a once over - good news is not much rust and only the suspension ball joints and tyres need replacing. However the electrics are a complete bodge; nothing works (fridge/ pump/sockets). Garage recommended this split charge kit and a new fridge - duly ordered. The blinds are pretty minging so I’m making replacements from some unused curtains. It should be sorted for voyage next week. Excited to set off in those comfy seats, reminds me of a Hymer. I’m slightly worried about fuel consumption, £80 to fill up and the gauge has already gone down a lot after just driving it home and once to Sainsbury’s. Was hoping to sell my Yeti and use the van as my main car.. may have to rethink that. Already wondering if I can change the front passenger seat so it swivels round to the back..

Attachments

• 52D8059A-17F0-48BF-A5C5-A0D0C54BDAED.jpeg
    52D8059A-17F0-48BF-A5C5-A0D0C54BDAED.jpeg
    389.4 KB · Views: 17
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    685.1 KB · Views: 18
  • A0C5B472-CA20-4899-9324-50DBFC9E92C5.jpeg
    A0C5B472-CA20-4899-9324-50DBFC9E92C5.jpeg
    794.6 KB · Views: 17
Last edited:
looking forward to it
Do replies count as posts? I did my first post earlier in ‘What did you do to your Elgrand today?’ thread, wasn’t sure what sort of thing to say, so I just rambled on about the newly acquired vehicle and my curtain sewing project! Not the most fascinating post!. Anyway I’m excited to see how you did your seat reconfig. The van I’ve got is a 1998 campervan. What’s yours?

Do replies count as posts? I did my first post earlier in ‘What did you do to your Elgrand today?’ thread, wasn’t sure what sort of thing to say, so I just rambled on about the newly acquired vehicle and my curtain sewing project! Not the most fascinating post!. Anyway I’m excited to see how you did your seat reconfig. The van I’ve got is a 1998 campervan. What’s yours?
Now I’m confused, sorry, your post was about fitting dash cams not replying to me about the swivel seat - sorry ignore me

Last edited:
Dropped mine off to the mighty @Elemention, new HEL brake lines, front poly bushes, and swapped out the Ram air filter (sorry @Crazycraig ) and took the air intake back to stock,it was just to noisey for me,now imo drives,stops and sounds better, now waiting on the new exhaust, oh, and still faffing around making a decision on my troublesome front grille🤔

Yes replies count as part as 10 , anything in main forum counts , but I see u are listed as premium member so u don’t need 10 posts , to see all of forum , have a read of what u want and enjoy your bus

I’ve still yet to do a single thing to my Ellie as it appears to be sat on a boat in the Med still. Hopefully it will only be about another three weeks. Then dog knows long it will take to get it registered. Ah well, I could always tell Mrs Chocy it’s an early Christmas present for her.

I mucked around with the stereo a bit, found out how to turn on the subwoofer I didn't know about. That showed that I've got a loose/damaged speaker in the rear passenger door. System sounds great still.
Ordered a jetwash and snow foamer.
Still waiting for a dry day to clean and photograph...
Didn't know you could turn the sub off. Do you remember how you did it. 🙂

Last edited:
Happy to say I just bought an Elgrand locally, hadn’t heard of them before, it’s gorgeous and in good nick for a 1998 vehicle - or so I thought! Took it to garage for a once over - good news is not much rust and only the suspension ball joints and tyres need replacing. However the electrics are a complete bodge; nothing works (fridge/ pump/sockets). Garage recommended this split charge kit and a new fridge - duly ordered. The blinds are pretty minging so I’m making replacements from some unused curtains. It should be sorted for voyage next week. Excited to set off in those comfy seats, reminds me of a Hymer. I’m slightly worried about fuel consumption, £80 to fill up and the gauge has already gone down a lot after just driving it home and once to Sainsbury’s. Was hoping to sell my Yeti and use the van as my main car.. may have to rethink that. Already wondering if I can change the front passenger seat so it swivels round to the back..
Some E50's came with swivel seats,

The curtains are easily detached and washable, you'll be surprised at the lightness of the 'clean' colour, they do look very dirty!! Worth trying washing first, a lot cheaper than having new ones made?

You can get swivel seat conversions for the E51, the kits are around £300.

Back