• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

What have you done to your Elgrand today?

All good and it's the easiest thing to do after adding petrol.
Cheers.
I've got a service soon, but I'm going to do the (engine) air filter myself, and the rear pollen filter too. That one looks fiddly, but do-able. Although saying that, when I looked through that rear pollen filter 'grill', it looks fine to be honest. By the service history it was changed about 10K km ago. Nothing really.

I'll buy the front cabin filter (glove box off one), let him do it. I'm getting the engine oil and brake fluid for him as well. He'll supply the oil filter/sump plug etc. I think he senses I'm a fussy one, so is fine.

Last edited:
Sissified the lower lighting this evening. Mine came with the stock blue foot well lighting, but it was quite underwhelming. Invested in some Samsung Alu backed LEDs and wired them directly to the foot well feeds.
1000006849.jpg1000006847.jpg1000006848.jpg
Also swapped out the blue Footplate lighting to match (along with the side step bulb). Need to source the map light bulbs in pink now.

That's interesting mine were the same.
View attachment 104535
I haven't checked the rear inners, but the near side front was fine. So just the inner off side... the outer side looks perfect, suppose I should pull it off and see whats going on, but I haven't had any unusual noises.
20240629_181800.jpg

I haven't checked the rear inners, but the near side front was fine. So just the inner off side... the outer side looks perfect, suppose I should pull it off and see whats going on, but I haven't had any unusual noises.
View attachment 104538
Yes mine were the same that's why I never notice it it is only when I change the discs when I was fitting my yellow pads all around it does seem very strange I couldn't work out why it had done this the outside side was perfect.
These were the original Japanese ones which came with the vehicle when I bought it as I was the first owner.
IMG_0679.jpg

Last edited:
Gave it a wash with my recently arrived nice 5L Garage Therapy V2 shampoo.
Gave the sunroof seals a gummi coat
Might go with the dog for a sleep out later, piece and quiet without the Mrs nagging etc

Bought a new gear knob, the carbon Nismo one I had wasn't very comfortable.

Bought a small interior brush to try to clean off the burgeoning greenness from the window seals.

Washed and Gummi'd all the rubber door seals.

Cleaned the leather steering wheel (cleaning cloth was filthy afterwards!) and it actually changed colour, it was that bad!

Finished fitting the addressable LED's to the gear select panel and refitted to the car. This is stage one, ignition on. The colour of the LED's is actually the same orange as the instrument cluster but not picked up by my phone camera. Now they are in place and working the next stage will be to make them change colour when a gear is selected. The Arduino has been programmed for it, but I need to tap into the wiring which is behind the lower console so it'll need removing for access.

View attachment Untitled video.mp4

Got a few hours to kill before the football … what takes me two hours ,,, oh yeah cleaning daiseys wheels …
Getting there , whose stupid idea was it to put turbines on daisey??? Oh yeah that would be me .. IMG_4634.jpeg

Bought a new gear knob, the carbon Nismo one I had wasn't very comfortable.

Bought a small interior brush to try to clean off the burgeoning greenness from the window seals.

Washed and Gummi'd all the rubber door seals.

Cleaned the leather steering wheel (cleaning cloth was filthy afterwards!) and it actually changed colour, it was that bad!

After the MOT Friday and even though they covered the drivers seat and put paper on the floor, the steering wheel was filthy and there were grubby finger marks on the bonnet and doors. All now clean again. :innocent:

Back