• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

What have you done to your Elgrand today?

On the assumption you have a black Elgrand, then I can recommend poorboys black hole. It's a glaze (polish with fillers), but brings up black cars lovely - I use it on our legacy. Normally around the £13 mark for just under 500ml if I remember rightly.

A good small bottle (250ml) of shampoo at a reasonable price for you to try (free delivery):

And for a wax, I've gone back to my Meguiars Next Gen wax - even puts a shine on the white bus (hard to get a good shine on white). I only went back to it as when I sorted my garage out over the winter, I found I had a full unopened bottle so decided to give it a go again. I'm that impressed on the finish with it using my DA polisher, I may stick with it now (again) :joy:

Hope that all helps

View attachment 54858
@David1972 you are a star! It's G30 Black and I want to bring out the best in it! In over 40 years of driving I've not been that arsed about anything more than a simple wash and wax. The E51 has such a mint body I've turned into an OCD detailing freak!

Finally got it installed Im a happy chappy now.
s5qMhNM.jpg

@David1972 you are a star! It's G30 Black and I want to bring out the best in it! In over 40 years of driving I've not been that arsed about anything more than a simple wash and wax. The E51 has such a mint body I've turned into an OCD detailing freak!
20200517_172131.jpg

Bear in mind this is 20 years old now and this is how it came up with the poorboys

On the assumption you have a black Elgrand, then I can recommend poorboys black hole. It's a glaze (polish with fillers), but brings up black cars lovely - I use it on our legacy. Normally around the £13 mark for just under 500ml if I remember rightly.

A good small bottle (250ml) of shampoo at a reasonable price for you to try (free delivery):

And for a wax, I've gone back to my Meguiars Next Gen wax - even puts a shine on the white bus (hard to get a good shine on white). I only went back to it as when I sorted my garage out over the winter, I found I had a full unopened bottle so decided to give it a go again. I'm that impressed on the finish with it using my DA polisher, I may stick with it now (again) :joy:

Hope that all helps

View attachment 54858
Nice shine on that.. I've got a white X-trail company hack, know what you mean about white! I understand that white Elgrands are faster than black ones so legend says.....

Hope that all helps

View attachment 54858
Just ordered them, I'm off bank holiday week, she thinks we're going for nice days out. I've got a week to think of a way to let her down gently.
Chocolates, wine and brief access to a credit card (while I'm washing & buffing) should do the trick :):)

Last edited:
I had one little job to do this morning ie fix some guttering, then plan was start on the seat swivel not a bloody chance . 5 minutes before I finished the guttering it starts to rain , so no swivel fitting this morning 🌧🌧🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬, I'm hoping the rain stops and I can get on with things this afternoon 🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🙏😎👍

Can of worms time.
Took the dashcam sdcard out and downloaded the video of a lorry driver going through two red lights at M5 J25 southbound roundabout and undertaking an RV on the roundabout whilst indicating left but going right???. That muppet will kill someone oneday. Sent the footage to Avon and Somerset police.

I had one little job to do this morning ie fix some guttering, then plan was start on the seat swivel not a bloody chance . 5 minutes before I finished the guttering it starts to rain , so no swivel fitting this morning 🌧🌧🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬, I'm hoping the rain stops and I can get on with things this afternoon 🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🙏😎👍
I didn’t get far with mine eitherimage.jpg

Tried to remove drivers armrest as needed to install new cover on it. Bolt came out part way and now just spins. Won't come out or tighten. AAAARRRRGGGGGGHHHHHHHHH!!! Anyone any idea if this is a seat out and stripdown job?

Tried to remove drivers armrest as needed to install new cover on it. Bolt came out part way and now just spins. Won't come out or tighten. AAAARRRRGGGGGGHHHHHHHHH!!! Anyone any idea if this is a seat out and stripdown job?
Pull the armrest away from the seat whilst undoing the bolt.

Back