• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

What have you done to your Elgrand today?

On a road trip today, dropped my daughter and friend at Alton Towers......about 280 mile round trip ......so far so good, I’m off for a walk in the woods for 6 hours then pick them up and head back home. Did spy a white E51 following for a short time near Alton, tried to wave but roads were very windy!

Airport run to drop the daughter off who is going back home to Portsmouth, then called in to the garden centre for 5 bags of purple slate.

Filled up after my trip away and pleasantly surprised to get 23.8mpg from that tank...bonus!

Last edited:
Little by little, brick by brick we move forwards to the rear.......

cPNW8m2.jpg

Well the cockpit is all trim back in place as had the Elgrand in bits I ran the cables for the rear dash cam camera, jeeeeez was it a pain to get the cable trough the elephant trunk......... in the end cut the cable threaded it through and re-soldered the cable together.

Will tackle the leisure install at some other time.

O58nZrj.jpg

Well changed out the filter to turbo airpipe.If I wasn't already white haired this may have sent me over the edge lolIMG20210522155833.jpg

Attachments

• IMG20210522155930.jpg
    IMG20210522155930.jpg
    236 KB · Views: 9
Fitted rear parking sensors, as I keep thinking the "you are in reverse" beep means I have plenty of space.
(I've posted a how-to, but it will need to be approved before you can read it)

Also had a look at the rear air-con pipe and have decided the issue is the very last bit of foam that plugs the hole in the box, as it was dripping wet after 150miles of driving in the rain yesterday.

Also removed the blanking panel from the right hand side of the air intake - probably just make the intake noisier but we'll see.

Rubbed some Meguiar's Leather polish into the seats and re-seated the NS door open switch on the dashboard.
I need to give the Undertaker a good wash, polish & Wax but dithering about what I need to buy, would welcome advice on striking the right VFM balance

Went to a campervan show in Brockenhurst, bit of a damp squib but saw three other Elgrands. Unfortunately was coerced into visiting my least favourite place ever on the way home.

IMG_20210522_174630_1.jpg

Rubbed some Meguiar's Leather polish into the seats and re-seated the NS door open switch on the dashboard.
I need to give the Undertaker a good wash, polish & Wax but dithering about what I need to buy, would welcome advice on striking the right VFM balance
On the assumption you have a black Elgrand, then I can recommend poorboys black hole. It's a glaze (polish with fillers), but brings up black cars lovely - I use it on our legacy. Normally around the £13 mark for just under 500ml if I remember rightly.

A good small bottle (250ml) of shampoo at a reasonable price for you to try (free delivery):

And for a wax, I've gone back to my Meguiars Next Gen wax - even puts a shine on the white bus (hard to get a good shine on white). I only went back to it as when I sorted my garage out over the winter, I found I had a full unopened bottle so decided to give it a go again. I'm that impressed on the finish with it using my DA polisher, I may stick with it now (again) :joy:

Hope that all helps

20210519 Bridlington.jpg

Back