• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

What have you done to your Elgrand today?

Fitted the new NEW alternator and found out why the last (new) one failed!. The alternator lead has a very much larger profile than the protective fitting point/electrical charging point etc, etc on the back of alternator. the mechanic had fitted the alternator and THEN attached the charging wire not realizing this. He did up the nut nice and tight thinking it was down snug and tight against the back of the alternator when in actuallity it was about half an inch from said base and basically the only contact was between the nut and post and a very small percentage of the lead head. this led to the head of said lead becoming very hot, melting the protective insulator which then allowed the lead to become loose which increased heat production due to improper contact which caused more heat,which caused more melting.....you get the picture lol..... until complete failure of the charging circuit. this was picked up on the second fitting of an alternator and the charging cable end was reprofiled for a much better fit!
So far, fingers crossed, no problems ( I hope I havn't jinxed it lol ) . Next job on the list is the strut top, followed by a service kit!
So the mechanic screwed up then.

Finally got around to fitted the switchable fog/reverse light.

Also comparison between LED reverse light and standard halogen, so i swapped the other out for LED but left the red off.

Attachments

• 20210509_112157.jpg
    20210509_112157.jpg
    315.7 KB · Views: 9
  • edit_20210509115231.jpg
    edit_20210509115231.jpg
    608.6 KB · Views: 10
Looks like I’ve solved my car seat covers problem , made a seat out 2 seats , so still have captain seat , 2 armrests and seat swivels correct way , just need another single seat out of a 8 seater to make another , actually did it yesterday cus weather was rubbish
7B9E03B1-D4E5-4F0F-82BA-BE99A9E5739E.jpeg

Please can somebody tell me what this green cable is? I'm suspecting it might be linked to the parking brake and as I have not connected or grounded it, this is what is stopping google maps from appearing on my Pioneer SPH-230-dab unit?

Any help would be great thanks @diable @Stempy ?

Never seen one of those before, you'll have to find the other end.
Please can somebody tell me what this green cable is? I'm suspecting it might be linked to the parking brake and as I have not connected or grounded it, this is what is stopping google maps from appearing on my Pioneer SPH-230-dab unit?

Not sure what that cable is for but how are you trying to view maps on the HU?

Also what HU was already in the car and what's under the tape at the end out of the cables out of the dash, the other end I can see bullet connectors.

using android auto - I keep getting a message on my phone along the lines of 'stop driving and apply the handbrake to resume' - clearly I'm parked on my drive lol

Also what HU was already in the car and what's under the tape at the end out of the cables out of the dash, the other end I can see bullet connectors.
there was no head unit when it arrived mate

using android auto - I keep getting a message on my phone along the lines of 'stop driving and apply the handbrake to resume' - clearly I'm parked on my drive lol
Does the Pioneer have a loose light green wire as that can be grounded.

In the Subaru I did fitted a Bypass Unit.

Does the Pioneer have a loose light green wire as that can be grounded.

In the Subaru I did fitted a Bypass Unit.
not that I remember seeing - sadly i think i'll have to pull the unit out again at some point and mess around with anything not connected until I get a result (before putting it back).

I'll see if there is a parking brake setting first on the menu

thanks though both @Stempy @diable

There is a setting in the menu from what I can remember not sure if it will bypass the PB, there should be a cable light green with a tag on it funnily enough stating Parking Brake.

Back