• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

What have you done to your Elgrand today?

Bought an endoscope camera to try and have a look inside front cats tomorrow when I replace rear with straight pipes.
Great idea are you removing the forward lambda sensor? Pointless looking from the rear.

What size spanners needed for tensioner on the ac and alternator belts, have the belts but need the spanner sizes to go shopping.

Great idea are you removing the forward lambda sensor? Pointless looking from the rear.
Haven't gone under the car yet, have no idea how much space there is around. Will do it later today and post some photos.

What size spanners needed for tensioner on the ac and alternator belts, have the belts but need the spanner sizes to go shopping.
14mm for the retaining nut 12mm for the tensioner. Adjusting tensioner is easier with a socket and extension

Hi Shep,
You'll need these items to send 'cast' from your mobile or tablet, to your Elgrand screen:

1 A Google Chromecast,

2 An HDMI to RCA converter (switch set to NTSC) and about 3-4m of RCA cables (Yellow/Red/White) and

3 A 12v Cigar Lighter to twin USB power adapter,

You'll also ideally have the rear connectors for RCA or need to get the adapter cable to plug into the rear mounted analogue TV Tuner,

The Miracasting 'button' is circled on my mobile You Tube screenshot below,

View attachment 52686View attachment 52685
View attachment 52689
View attachment 52687
Thanks mate this looks like something I can understand 👍

I seem to recall reading somewhere, about a battery parasitic drain and it being cured by turning off the auto light selection on the lights stalk.
Needless to say, it isn't that, as I don't use that position.

These arrived today,

DJYuJWE.jpg

just needs some tint before fitting,

PkUM5Or.jpg

Got my bus back from the garage today with the still duff alternator on it.turns out because there's no part number on it they can't get me a new one lol. Well I've ordered one online, should be here this afternoon👍,I'll fit it myself.whilst I'm waiting, I'm busy fighting the dreaded metal moth.lovely day for it,perfect weather in Oswestry. It's so nice here some chap in a light aircraft is practising aerobatics overhead.!

Decided not to waste my time with the cats, bolts are melted lol. Will drop it off to a garage. Seller must've been lying about cats being decored, no way the bolts end up like that of 3 years in UK 😅 or is it.
IMG_20210415_134738.jpg

Just a quick going over with a hose pipe only, still looking good even though not a proper wash . Full wash and polish at the weekend weather permitting. 🤞😎👍

Attachments

• 20210415_122259.jpg
    20210415_122259.jpg
    720.3 KB · Views: 9
View attachment 52725woke mine up,, and took it to work with me this morning, thought I would give the push bike a day off. 😎
I have same colour e50 , but with loads of chrome stuck on , a nice memory of what it looked like when I got it

Hi Malcom
Yes is a nice colour, and doesn't show the dirt so much.... Still has large Chrome grill,,, and someone kindly put Chrome horns just behind....... So that was nice. 👍. Still needs to be cleaned up yet, only had for 6 weeks and not had the time to get stuck in due to work..... 1st main job tho is the underseal... Hoping to get done next weekend. 😁

Hi Malcom
Yes is a nice colour, and doesn't show the dirt so much.... Still has large Chrome grill,,, and someone kindly put Chrome horns just behind....... So that was nice. 👍. Still needs to be cleaned up yet, only had for 6 weeks and not had the time to get stuck in due to work..... 1st main job tho is the underseal... Hoping to get done next weekend. 😁
A33E27D9-ECC2-4C7E-8B14-74AD2AD116D3.jpeg

Back