• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

What have you done to your Elgrand today?

I did a HUGE mod on the Ellie, I should really do a full write-up guide to talk you all through it I know but...

We still had those horrible 'fronds' for want of a better word, on our deflectors, some had broken and they just looked horrible.
I cut the crap off then bought some cheap plastic door guard strip, works well and gives it a neat finish.

trim.JPG

Oh 'ello. I like these.
Where from? How much? etc etc please 😊
of course :)

Lights were $30 from here: Link to aliexpress.com (my S2 HWS has the same fog lights as a 2011 Nissan Note)
DRL controller was £8 from here: Link to ebay

The only issue I had was the polarity of the fog light wiring. The DRL halo bit worked straight out of the box, but I had to reverse the polarity of the fog light to get it to function with the standard Elgrand wiring. Not sure if the aftermarket units were incorrectly made, or if the polarity of the wiring is different on a Nissan Note (seems unlikely)? Either way, fairly easy to sort out and works fine now.

Hooked up to the mains to keep leisure batt topped up, lounged in the back seat with a bottle of malbec listening to "Seconds Out" by Genesis, I could tell by that van sway that Ed was having a great time feeling the air drums, does the old Elgand good to let go!!! ...Then of course Zero Alpha asked " what the bloody hell are you doing"....

of course :)

Lights were $30 from here: Link to aliexpress.com (my S2 HWS has the same fog lights as a 2011 Nissan Note)
DRL controller was £8 from here: Link to ebay

The only issue I had was the polarity of the fog light wiring. The DRL halo bit worked straight out of the box, but I had to reverse the polarity of the fog light to get it to function with the standard Elgrand wiring. Not sure if the aftermarket units were incorrectly made, or if the polarity of the wiring is different on a Nissan Note (seems unlikely)? Either way, fairly easy to sort out and works fine now.
Lovely stuff, thank you 👍

*Stamps feet

I want Angel Eye fogs now.

Andrew is there anything else out there which would fit ours do u think?

FFS I've just emailed the links to myself and got all excited (stop it)

Knew I should have traded it in for a Transporter.
There were a couple of set for sale by members here, one was deffo a Rider fitment. Have a scan through the For Sale section.

my hws fogs are held in by a nut at the back and then pull forward to get out you need to get the shit guard of to access if thats any help kermit

* Probs won't fit Rider bumper. HWS are different.
Knowing there are so many bumper types on the E51, the way I approached it was to take out the old fog light to find the part number. In my case its a Valeo 89210094. Then I googled that part number to find other (more common) cars it was used on. In my case I found the same lamp is used on the Nissan Note and the Ford Focus. Convenient for me, but I don't know if the Rider lamp is a common unit too.

my hws fogs are held in by a nut at the back and then pull forward to get out you need to get the shit guard of to access if thats any help kermit
Thanks. Won't help me at all but might help Nige if we do end up doing this mod lol.

There were a set of angel eyes on there for sale but alas no longer, so must have been sold. You could look at the epc for part no. on any model bar the Rider as it has Autech bumpers.
Thanks, just found those, nice but I want Angel Eyes now. Which is funny cos it's not even my car 😂

There were a set of angel eyes on there for sale but alas no longer, so must have been sold. You could look at the epc for part no. on any model bar the Rider as it has Autech bumpers.
Cheers will add it to my list.

Back