• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

What have you done to your Elgrand today?

That is very interesting, I didn't know they had managed to retain the same interior height on the E52. I still prefer the van shape of the E51, but it changes my view a bit. I guess there is no 4WD E52 too if the floor is lowered.

They do 4wd on the E52 also

In today at Origin Automotive Durham , for a pre MOT check and a rumble from front N/S/F , suspect wheel bearing 🤔🤞no advisories last year so 🤞apart from the bearing noise.

Don’t they have a pearl white and a flat white ?
Yup, both still white though
and if I'm honest, in certain lights Pearl looks alsorts of colours so we are all in the same boat (ours is what we see it as and better than all the rest)
Apart from purple (Andy):innocent:

Yup, both still white though
and if I'm honest, in certain lights Pearl looks alsorts of colours so we are all in the same boat (ours is what we see it as and better than all the rest)
Apart from purple (Andy):innocent:
Purple Ronnie is in a class of its own

In today at Origin Automotive Durham , for a pre MOT check and a rumble from front N/S/F , suspect wheel bearing 🤔🤞no advisories last year so 🤞apart from the bearing noise.
Bugger , wheel bearing on way out , CV boot split on other side and 2 rear drop links worn . So order sent to Brian at BMR. Cant be bad for 17 year old vehicle.

Reassembled everything today having finalised the front camera installation and even fitted the air horns. I'll have to have the grille off again to add some additional wiring to switch between the air horns and the standard horns when necessary and for MOT, but ran out of time so it'll have to wait. Need a switch anyway. So here she is all polished up.

IMG_20200704_185032_0.jpg

That looks great. They look better all polished up.
Well done mate.

Reassembled everything today having finalised the front camera installation and even fitted the air horns. I'll have to have the grille off again to add some additional wiring to switch between the air horns and the standard horns when necessary and for MOT, but ran out of time so it'll have to wait. Need a switch anyway. So here she is all polished up.

View attachment 36866
Looking dapper :cool:

Bought another E51..

https://forum.elgrandoc.uk/threads/Nissan-Elgrand-3-5-xl-2002-4wd.20655/#post-269000

So now I own a white one (my first one) and a black one (I bought today).

I've driven hundreds of Elgrands... mostly those I converted to LPG and others I've repaired LPG systems on. I used to think white ones were the fastest but I'm not so sure now! 🤔 :laughing:

Last edited:
Well today I have mainly been rattling cans
managed to rattle some white, some black and a little orange--only base and pearl today ,clear will have to be another day (didn't get everything done either, amazing how long it takes masking up between colours and building the coats up)--it's been so long I forgot just how long it can take (and it rained again :(

Finished my latest YouTube edit for our camping trip last weekend.
Check out the video here 👇
Feel free to check out the other videos on the channel if you like what you see.
I will be uploading a full walk around our Elgrand camping setup shortly.
Great video!! What was the campsite? looked spot on.

Great video!! What was the campsite? looked spot on.
Hi James,
It's called Camping Labenne Sylvamar Yelloh! Village.
It was awesome. The pool was great for our 1 year old. It was right on a cycle track that you could take directly to the sea, or the next village and beach. Only 30mins from central Biarritz and all the surfers.
We went the week before the French kids break up for their vacation, so it was pretty empty.
We will definitely be going back. Helps that it's only about 2hrs from where we live 😋😋😋

Hi James,
It's called Camping Labenne Sylvamar Yelloh! Village.
It was awesome. The pool was great for our 1 year old. It was right on a cycle track that you could take directly to the sea, or the next village and beach. Only 30mins from central Biarritz and all the surfers.
We went the week before the French kids break up for their vacation, so it was pretty empty.
We will definitely be going back. Helps that it's only about 2hrs from where we live 😋😋😋
Thanks - will add that to our list, planning Europe next year if everything is back to near normal...

Back