• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

What have you done to your Elgrand today?

Today I got up close and personal, this being the result.....

View attachment 32745

Gladly I found all flap screws firmly in place.

View attachment 32746

I will continue tomorrow as beer has taken preference now. Will be changing plugs and PCV valve and fitting a catch can hopefully. Also a good clean up and loctite on the flap screws.

Not half as bad as I thought it would be. Hope it all goes back together as easily and I can remember where everything went.
Remind me not to ask you to check my oil 👍

Today we went lockdown camping.... In our back garden 😋😄
20200411_192403.jpg

On another note, I'm looking to get a tow bar cargo carrier with a metal box that I can custom fit a bbq. Then have two/three bike mounted above. I'll let you know what I find.

Last edited:
Haha! You can see babies tent.... Then... DADDYS TENT! lol

So far this weekend I have replaced PCV valve and fitted oil catch can with new valve inline in pipework above the air filter box, also did an oil and filter change, Monday I will be replacing front discs and pads

Gave the mistress a well deserved wash today, and all carpets are being washed in the washing machine,
hoovered the inside and cleaned engine bay to within a inch of it's life,
Yesterday my work hours went from 19 to 14 hours a day as we're getting through the calving and lambing, so have more time on my hands,

New plugs and PCV valve fitted but found some oil in no. six plug well. Soaked it all up with a rag before fitting the new plug but now have to decide whether to repair the oil weep or leave it to see if it becomes more serious. It'll mean removing the cam cover and replacing the plug tunnel tube. Thanks to @BMR for the invaluable information.

Gave the mistress a well deserved wash today, and all carpets are being washed in the washing machine,
hoovered the inside and cleaned engine bay to within a inch of it's life,
Yesterday my work hours went from 19 to 14 hours a day as we're getting through the calving and lambing, so have more time on my hands,

Becareful washing mats in washing machine, one of my rear ones got damaged doing the same and was a pita to sort a replacement.

Finally gave my van a wash after being off work for 3 weeks, ripping out and fitting a bathroom, then painting walls were getting in the way.
Just finished final touches 20200412_162650.jpgand the heavens opened with a thunderstorm, luckily I only got a few spots of rain on it before it was back in its den.

Oh no
Finally gave my van a wash after being off work for 3 weeks, ripping out and fitting a bathroom, then painting walls were getting in the way.
Just finished final touches View attachment 32767and the heavens opened with a thunderstorm, luckily I only got a few spots of rain on it before it was back in its den.
Blimey, hey how have you got on with your units for your Elgrand we love our nano unit so much thanks again

We have made a little out door table :), hopefully we will get to sit at it in the outdoors this year

Attachments

• D6CC77CB-64E0-47E1-AF9D-040EC1FE8685.jpeg
    D6CC77CB-64E0-47E1-AF9D-040EC1FE8685.jpeg
    81.3 KB · Views: 6
It was totally random thought I'd experiment with it and I liked it good taste alike mate 🤣
Gonna have to do the rest of the trim bits now though... as I did them black and silver glitter and this is black and gold glitter. God damn making extra work for myself 😂

Back