• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

What have you done to your Elgrand today?

Bloody he'll 9% you won't get much done ofter a pint of that , I would put bonnet down and have few more beers ๐Ÿ˜‰ ๐Ÿ˜Ž๐Ÿ‘
Advice taken. ๐Ÿ‘

Broke it.. Sodโ€™s law just fixed one wing mirror only to break the other one.. deep breaths it will be all ok... but I break plastic n glass, then you need guidance, but where will I find guidance? Ask and help will come... if not used your own brain n figure it out yourself ..

Took all the rear lights off, sprayed them with a smoked tint, half put them back on before I was told my time was up and had to come in!

1AE06CAE-4E84-4F9B-8D13-CD3CD0AF17E9.jpeg

25EB861A-2ABB-443C-B5CA-14D5F54978E4.jpeg

Big Up for Black sharpies
๐Ÿ˜Ž

Not so much what I've done to the Elgrand, but what someone else did!!
Mrs went grocery shopping yesterday. While inside the supermarket, someone hit the rear passenger corner.
Thankfully someone saw and waited for her to finish her shop to point out what car did it.
She calls me, sends pics etc and I tell her to come home.
I download the dash cam footage and see the incident. The other driver hits the Elgrand (massive bang noise), backs up and then finishes the parking he fudged up. He gets out, looks at the front of his car and rubs the bumper to remove residue.

I'm pretty peeved, so jump into my car in case he's still shopping. To my luck he's just come out just as I swung my car around to block him in.

I play it cool as he has no idea who I am and the Elgrand is at home. I started off by saying hi, hope you're ok etc, please can I get your insurance details as you hit my wife's Elgrand.
He claims no such thing happened. I say, what you don't remember hitting a large purple vehicle?
I gave him a couple of chances but he wasn't having it despite me saying there are witness's. So I told him step by step everything that happened and say I have it all on my phone if he'd like to see. This is when he says ok how much do you want.
I say I just want the insurance company to handle it all as I don't want to be chasing money. He says he's forgotten but gives me his mobile number which I check. Before leaving I did a quick MID search and his car was insured.

Elgrand was totally straight before this happened.
It's metallic purple and I'm hoping the garage will do a decent job. Bumper has a nasty rash, about 2 inches of paint removed, dent and it's come off its clips. I can't see any structural damage but then the bumper might be hiding it.
With lock down, no idea when it'll get repaired.

To all those don't have a dash cam, it's worth the investment even if it doesn't have all the bells and whistles. Without the footage, I would have to pay out of my own pocket!

/Rant

That's why mine never goes in car parks.
Most people just own a "car" don't care about them as they are too easy to come by.
They think everyone else is in the same small frame of mind they are and don't give a f**k.
That's why there are so many hand car washes around.
People just don't take care of their cars anymore.

That's why mine never goes in car parks.
Most people just own a "car" don't care about them as they are too easy to come by.
They think everyone else is in the same small frame of mind they are and don't give a f**k.
That's why there are so many hand car washes around.
People just don't take care of their cars anymore.

When I drive the Elgrand or my Aristo, to my wife's annoyance, I park far from the entrance away from as many cars as possible. Sure it doesn't guarantee anything won't happen but I feel there is a lot less chance. Then to my annoyance someone parks next to me when I come out despite there being ample space elsewhere.

The witness said to my wife, he stuck around as it looked like we took care of the car. Too bloody right I do!

Fixed the wing mirror I clipped yesterday... had to get a hammer to bang the housing back into the knuckle.. did take the glass off first , Iโ€™m not mad you know

Fixed the wing mirror I clipped yesterday... had to get a hammer to bang the housing back into the knuckle.. did take the glass off first , Iโ€™m not mad you know
Heโ€™s not mad but did take a hammer to his Elgrand ๐Ÿ˜‚

Today I got up close and personal, this being the result.....

DSC_3160.JPG

Gladly I found all flap screws firmly in place.

DSC_3159.JPG

I will continue tomorrow as beer has taken preference now. Will be changing plugs and PCV valve and fitting a catch can hopefully. Also a good clean up and loctite on the flap screws.

Not half as bad as I thought it would be. Hope it all goes back together as easily and I can remember where everything went.

Back