• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

What have you done to your Elgrand today?

first oil/filter change since importing last November., - an easy job,,liking the drip chute for the filter oil spillage.
changed the front drop links, - not an easy job.! Despite all attempts breaker bars , socket, spanners, mole grips+hammer etc.......no way would the stupid bottom nut budge - both sides the identical problem ....!
only solution was angle grinder, with awkward access.
i assume this problem has been experienced by forum members before, as the bottom nut flange is counter sunk into the antiroll bar.
Any way its done and the drive to work showed how the bangs/rattles from front end had gone....! Hopefully this usually simple part change wont need doing again for a while....!

Took the van to get the towbar put on and then an hr later they phoned and said they weren't comfortable with doing it as required rear seat removal etc.
They pointed me to another installer in Newcastle which will cost me $400+.

Anyway thought I would look around here and found the Tow Trust, which by the looks after drilling 2 holes would be straight forward but mine is a little different appears to bolt up through the chassis rails, there is existing holes but looks like I need to remove the carpet, not seats etc and drill in the top of the chassis rail.

Any pics of the rear or how to for removing this area I figure fold up seats, remove spare wheel for easy of access, then remove the shroud around the drivers side storage pocket then should be able to lift the carpet....but don't know if I then have another layer to remove etc

They also mentioned an ECU for stopping surges but everyone else on here has just spliced them in it seems is this correct?

Ryan
And no it didn't come with instructions.

PS just spoke with supplier who has walked me through it so I might have a crack my self. No instructions as people have copied the bars.
Took the van to get the towbar put on and then an hr later they phoned and said they weren't comfortable with doing it as required rear seat removal etc.
They pointed me to another installer in Newcastle which will cost me $400+.

Anyway thought I would look around here and found the Tow Trust, which by the looks after drilling 2 holes would be straight forward but mine is a little different appears to bolt up through the chassis rails, there is existing holes but looks like I need to remove the carpet, not seats etc and drill in the top of the chassis rail.

Any pics of the rear or how to for removing this area I figure fold up seats, remove spare wheel for easy of access, then remove the shroud around the drivers side storage pocket then should be able to lift the carpet....but don't know if I then have another layer to remove etc

They also mentioned an ECU for stopping surges but everyone else on here has just spliced them in it seems is this correct?

Ryan
And no it didn't come with instructions.

PS just spoke with supplier who has walked me through it so I might have a crack my self. No instructions as people have copied the bars.

Hey Ryan, I'm from Adelaide. Bought a fast fit towbar from a company in Sydney about 4 years ago. Had it installed by a local mobile installer at a cost of $250. Took him about 3 hours. The back row seats need to be lifted and the rear side panels removed to lift the carpet and underfelt. It's a big job. He did not wire the plug, I had that done by an auto-electrician for $80. The trailer plug was spliced straight into the wiring. He said the Elgrand has very sensitive electronics and suggested LED lights only on my trailer. The wire is a flat cable which feeds out through the bottom of the tailgate, the whole thing comes through the storage compartment rear drivers side so can be stowed when not in use.

Hey Ryan, I'm from Adelaide. Bought a fast fit towbar from a company in Sydney about 4 years ago. Had it installed by a local mobile installer at a cost of $250. Took him about 3 hours. The back row seats need to be lifted and the rear side panels removed to lift the carpet and underfelt. It's a big job. He did not wire the plug, I had that done by an auto-electrician for $80. The trailer plug was spliced straight into the wiring. He said the Elgrand has very sensitive electronics and suggested LED lights only on my trailer. The wire is a flat cable which feeds out through the bottom of the tailgate, the whole thing comes through the storage compartment rear drivers side so can be stowed when not in use.
Thanks for that G-Train! Appreciate it. I figured fold seats up and pick up carpet so few trim items so I think should be okay. I spoke to Fastfit and they used to supply full instructions however apparently they were copied by a few companies anyway. Not sure of the point as if you wanted to copy you just buy one and fit it and make your own instructions.

Fastfit informed me there is still only 2 holes to drill apparently so I will see. Will have a crack tomorrow, the money saved could be spent elsewhere. I think LED lights are great use them on my boats light bar that I made but probably draw just as much as a globe. I need to update the box trailer lights so might pick up a new Narva plug and light kit to do it as well.

Ryan

New stickers too, paying homage to her japanese anime heritage :laughing:

u8MfwRn.jpg

Gave her a good test today.
Got a call to do an emergency service on a machine that was making parts for Covid test kits.
Obviously an emergency Mr police officer!
So loaded my new roof box up to the max and set off down the motorway with the wind in my tail.
Really pleased.
Hardly any noise, never really noticed it was there on top.
Happy days.
And fixed the machine so done my bit today.

Attachments

• IMG_20200407_191758.jpg
    IMG_20200407_191758.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 16
Not done a lot today so far , finally got my rider badges fixed onto front carpets and also fitted this rear light cover , which I'm now not sure about 🤔. I think it needs to be darker but then my Elgrand sticker won't be visible? 🤔 still on painting the rear number plate holder black .😎👍

Attachments

• 20200410_112138.jpg
    20200410_112138.jpg
    158.1 KB · Views: 18
  • 20200410_112010.jpg
    20200410_112010.jpg
    157 KB · Views: 25
  • 20200410_120118.jpg
    20200410_120118.jpg
    102.2 KB · Views: 25
  • 20200410_120125.jpg
    20200410_120125.jpg
    114.2 KB · Views: 25
I don't know if rules and regs regards towbars are different in Aus...

Thanks for the notes LPGC perfect for what I need. I sat it in the boot approx where it needs to go so will have a crack tomorrow is the plan if the weather is fine.

Not done a lot today so far , finally got my rider badges fixed onto front carpets and also fitted this rear light cover , which I'm now not sure about 🤔. I think it needs to be darker but then my Elgrand sticker won't be visible? 🤔 still on painting the rear number plate holder black .😎👍
I've decided to take the lens cover off . Will be putting it up for sale .

It's a craft beer from the local brewery, 9% so doesn't need a head.
Bloody he'll 9% you won't get much done ofter a pint of that , I would put bonnet down and have few more beers 😉 😎👍

Back