• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

What have you done to your Elgrand today?

So did the filters as above this morning. The plastic frame is a little flimsy and trying to shoe horn the rear in it snapped in a couple places but never fell apart or nothing so shouldn't be an issue. The rear is a SUCK vent right? Figure as the fan is directly on other side.

When doing the the front I found a little box with RSPEC on it....now this got me thinking. I have a highway star. be interested if every Elgrand has this or just RSPEC examples?? Is this a piggy back/tuning or something else hmm

Spent the day so far tidying up the engine bay on my E50

Then a couple of hours cleaning up the donor engine

Very pleased with slow progress ...

The air intake valves/flaps left and right where you see my thumb do not move together..
Should they??
If I push down the right hand side goes in ...the left one moves but the push arm doesnt ..see LAST photo.

I have a spare .should I be expecting the two to move together ??
Great job Jon, If it's a 3.2 and I remember rightly, one is the air cut off to stop the engine, so fully open normally and the other is controlled by the throttle.

So did the filters as above this morning. The plastic frame is a little flimsy and trying to shoe horn the rear in it snapped in a couple places but never fell apart or nothing so shouldn't be an issue. The rear is a SUCK vent right? Figure as the fan is directly on other side.

When doing the the front I found a little box with RSPEC on it....now this got me thinking. I have a highway star. be interested if every Elgrand has this or just RSPEC examples?? Is this a piggy back/tuning or something else hmm
See Here its to Unlock the video while driving.

See Here its to Unlock the video while driving.
Interesting so the video should play on the top swing screen? I was looking online and seems to be something sat nav as well anyway.

Great job Jon, If it's a 3.2 and I remember rightly, one is the air cut off to stop the engine, so fully open normally and the other is controlled by the throttle.
Yes checked one of my own van and works same so happy . Not broken..dont touch it !!!

So donor van stripped and going tomorrow
Gona have a go at windscreen out later and wing mirrors off when he pulls it out in morning with tow truck..

Attachments

• 20200401_110129.jpg
    20200401_110129.jpg
    99.5 KB · Views: 13
  • 20200401_110143.jpg
    20200401_110143.jpg
    109.6 KB · Views: 14
  • 20200401_110147.jpg
    20200401_110147.jpg
    116.9 KB · Views: 14
  • 20200401_110202.jpg
    20200401_110202.jpg
    99.7 KB · Views: 13
  • 20200401_110159.jpg
    20200401_110159.jpg
    104.2 KB · Views: 12
2C8E8DF4-C03C-4211-B7E1-F1CFDE9A81E0.jpeg
Took her for a drive to the bank today, only to find it’s only open on Tuesdays 9.30 -3.30pm! Wasn’t a total waste of time as I got to take a couple of pictures in the car park :cool:

Currently have the centre console apart, radio, switchgear and gear stick surround removed doing a bit of wiring and lighting jiggery pokery. Also, Mrs Stempyuno is at her sewing machine making some fabric based internal decor.

So donor van stripped and going tomorrow
Gona have a go at windscreen out later and wing mirrors off when he pulls it out in morning with tow truck..
Wot, no Costa cups :eek:

Today is my 1st day off for the next 3 weeks due to food transport drying up so got my new pads fitted today gave it a good wash while wheels were off in arches filler cap and engine bay and polished exhaust tip and tomorrow my airlift 1000 should arrive so get that fitted tested then get 1st layer of polish on

Attachments

• DSC_1403.JPG
    DSC_1403.JPG
    54.1 KB · Views: 16
  • DSC_1404.JPG
    DSC_1404.JPG
    68.2 KB · Views: 17
  • DSC_1405.JPG
    DSC_1405.JPG
    76.6 KB · Views: 16
  • DSC_1402.JPG
    DSC_1402.JPG