• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

What have you done to your Elgrand today?

Instructions for fitting the cruise control. Took me 2 hrs but I spent most of that finding my tools! Must tidy my shed!
Was the cruise control hard or easy to fit ?... also how much and where did you buy from .. Ta in advance

That looks tidy if it’s only the last plastic bit stuck out? Did you just have to drop the plastic cover off the bottom of the steering column and drill?
Was the cruise control hard or easy to fit ?... also how much and where did you buy from .. Ta in advance

Click here for link
No quite easy to fit I posted the instructions on here
Struggling more with the stereo at the moment. UK company so £230 Inc VAT

Got a fresh uncracked windscreen today. 2 new threads about it In 10 mins. ;)

Not my personal car, but on the 4000kms E50 we recently purchased and are preparing.

Converted the rear reflector into a fog light.

Quite pleased with myself and brighter than I was expecting. :idea:

Only ordered the bulbs yesterday too. :)

Next time I do one I will butt the strips together and feed wires from either side.

Either way looks much better than cutting the bumper and easily reverted if not to buyers taste.
Hi Matthew I love that idea where did you get the bulbs from

Decided to fit the band expander, one of the screws refused to move and had to be drilled out and some alterations needed to the wiring but I've now have 6 stations instead of 1, (7 if you count the one i get on the TV tuner). Not sure if it was worth the trouble but sorted and i won't be taking it out again, just got to sort out the sticking brakes when it stops raining.

Hi Matthew I love that idea where did you get the bulbs from
I got them off eBay, they were for model railways. Best to split the light with a dremel and then bond back together with some clear adhesive sealant.

Today and for the last two weeks I have done absolutely nothing to the Elgrand and I have to say I feel like I have committed a sin----good job i'm not into religion in the slightest :confused:

Unfortunately decided shes going to have to be scrapped as the fuel pump is broken. Saving the repair money to buy a new one. A sad day indeed.
Oh no :/ would you not sell parts to get more money for your new one?

Me too!...
Today and for the last two weeks I have done absolutely nothing to the Elgrand and I have to say I feel like I have committed a sin----good job i'm not into religion in the slightest :confused:
Every time I think about getting thunderbird one out to give her a clean n polish...it pees it down!

I filled the rear of mine with things from Grandad's house as he died this week. :-( I'm glad of the space and my journey down to his home was smooth and uneventful, despite the weather.
Sorry for your loss.

I got them off eBay, they were for model railways. Best to split the light with a dremel and then bond back together with some clear adhesive sealant.
Cool thanks for the advice I'll be looking in to that one

Back