• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

What have you done to your Elgrand today?

Last edited:
Well at Yakushi I went to turn the fog light on and it did not work. Strange crackling type noise and the dashboard light flicked.
MMMM something not right I thought.
Swiftly turned them off.
Had a look today thinking it could be a fuse.
Wrong.
This is what I found.
View attachment 23772
A melted mess of wires.
It turns out that when imported it had the reversing light made into a fog light. (normal)
I then changed this to these
View attachment 23773
So it turns out that the feed for the fog light was run from the illumination live on the power door switch.
Not good as the wire is very very thin.
So too much heat caused by the power draw from the Eagle eyes and we nearly had a bonfire at Yakushi.
Today I made good the melted wires.
Run a new feed of 2.5ml wire from the rear lights to the fog light switch for the power to the fog lights.
All is good now.
I dread to think what would have happened if I was driving along with the tunes loud and turned the fogs on.
Bloody hell that was a close call

Had my new @Elementian built centre box fitted today by @Elementian and @Crazycraig and it’s awesome. I currently have the 18’’ one fitted and @Elementian has the 14’’, so videos will be posted at some point to show the tonal differences :)

View attachment 23781

Also had a visit from @peter strokosz who was having a mini service, plugs and throttle controller cleaned.

:)

This is lunch... Claptrap style

View attachment 23780
But did you swap them over in the end? Thanks for the help with my mini service will be back to get all the rest of the work done very soon

Fitted a new xtron double din yesterday with the help of dognero , but came out this morning and its frozen , nothing working so I disconnected it and reconnected it still frozen , so its now back in the box getting returned tomorrow. Should of left well alone .🤔👎😎

Fitted a new xtron double din yesterday with the help of dognero , but came out this morning and its frozen , nothing working so I disconnected it and reconnected it still frozen , so its now back in the box getting returned tomorrow. Should of left well alone .🤔👎😎
Well that sucks. Is there no way of doing a hard reset?

Well this morning I attempted to change the brake pads. But silly numpty here said to himself "oh 2t jack will be fine" mmm how wrong was I. It dont lift high enough ffs... Tried to keep costs low and teach my self new tricks, but how wrong could I be...
Hey ho back to what i know best - sleeping lol🤦‍♂️

Back