• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

What have you done to your Elgrand today?

put similar on my delica got them from twlamps Taiwan but not seen anything for elgrands on there site

Hi @Wolop,

What brand bulbs did you go with please? Looks great!

Thank you.

As on another post , got exhaust sorted with a cat back straight through pipes to rear silencer. Here are some photos video is to big a file to post on here at the moment but will post when uve figured out how to reduce its size. it is on Elgrandoc Facebook page though

Attachments

• 20190914_123631.jpg
    20190914_123631.jpg
    72.7 KB · Views: 29
  • 20190914_123624.jpg
    20190914_123624.jpg
    78.1 KB · Views: 30
  • 20190914_123653.jpg
    20190914_123653.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 28
Finally got my camshaft position sensor installed and it runs fine now. Installed a Cyclone 4 into the car for real sat-nav and streaming to the car. Works perfect.

Now it looks like I've got a sticky starter solenoid or starter motor to replace because of intermittent starting : unamused: It never ends does it.

well a quarter inch spacer on the rear door struts at the top end gives about a three inch lift on the rear door and no fouling the door pillar
Have you got a picture of the spacer

no but i can get one tomorrow when my tec guru comes over (son) its just a piece of perspex i had kicking around and cut sanded to shape

Despite getting the very pleasing accolade of Best at Yakushi, I decided to make more of an effort cleaning the van for Santa Pod, I know I'll be busy next week so made a start today.

Wash, clay bar and started polishing with my new cordless rotary I've had ages and not used. Certainly much easier than doing it by hand, just used Autoglym super resin on a medium soft pad, come up OK and I think the more I do it the better it will get. No great swirl marks or massive correction to do on mine, although I haven't as yet tackled the dodgy Japanese front wing repair which I think will take a bit more.

Anybody frightened of rotary as opposed to DA needn't be worried, I'd never used any machine before and its really easy, just relied not he weight of the machine and kept it moving. Think it would actually be quite difficult to burn the paint unless you help it pressed for ages.

Now going to spend the evening doing a few decals for the windows, not sure what I'll be able to come up with as need some others on there until Friday but I'll do a big EOC for the back at the least.

EDIT: Forgot to say, Super resin polish has little to no cutting action so thought a good safe starting point.

FURTHER EDIT: Had a lovely afternoon doing it and now not suffering along with others from post show blues and the hangover has gone :D

Last edited:
Fitted new front brake pads🔨🔧🔩probably the easiest set ever to do👍👍🚜🚜🚐🚐but....... Trying to undo wheelnuts with my faithfull "spider"type wheelbrace realized it was getting a bit worn(decades of use)and starting to round nuts off 😲😲so rather than go back up shed decided to use factory wheelbrace.....What the FURKKK!!!!!!!!!!😲😲😲😲😲😲😲😲its only a 21mm instead of required 19mm !!!!!!!!!!good job it wasnt a flat to change at side of road,in dark,rain,etc etc etc. So may be worth everybody checking theirs😕😕😕😕😕

Fitted new front brake pads🔨🔧🔩probably the easiest set ever to do👍👍🚜🚜🚐🚐but....... Trying to undo wheelnuts with my faithfull "spider"type wheelbrace realized it was getting a bit worn(decades of use)and starting to round nuts off 😲😲so rather than go back up shed decided to use factory wheelbrace.....What the FURKKK!!!!!!!!!!😲😲😲😲😲😲😲😲its only a 21mm instead of required 19mm !!!!!!!!!!good job it wasnt a flat to change at side of road,in dark,rain,etc etc etc. So may be worth everybody checking theirs😕😕😕😕😕
Standard wheels nuts are 21 mm they were probably changed with the aftermarket wheels because you have to use an ultra-thin socket that's what I got on mine thinking of changing to 19 mm.Standard wheels nuts are 21 mm they were probably changed with the aftermarket wheels because you have to use an ultra-thin socket that's what I got on mine thinking of changing to 19 mm.

Well at Yakushi I went to turn the fog light on and it did not work. Strange crackling type noise and the dashboard light flicked.
MMMM something not right I thought.
Swiftly turned them off.
Had a look today thinking it could be a fuse.
Wrong.
This is what I found.
A melted mess of wires.
It turns out that when imported it had the reversing light made into a fog light. (normal)
I then changed this to these
So it turns out that the feed for the fog light was run from the illumination live on the power door switch.
Not good as the wire is very very thin.
So too much heat caused by the power draw from the Eagle eyes and we nearly had a bonfire at Yakushi.
Today I made good the melted wires.
Run a new feed of 2.5ml wire from the rear lights to the fog light switch for the power to the fog lights.
All is good now.
I dread to think what would have happened if I was driving along with the tunes loud and turned the fogs on.

Standard wheels nuts are 21 mm they were probably changed with the aftermarket wheels because you have to use an ultra-thin socket that's what I got on mine thinking of changing to 19 mm.Standard wheels nuts are 21 mm they were probably changed with the aftermarket wheels because you have to use an ultra-thin socket that's what I got on mine thinking of changing to 19 mm.
Yes, I’ve the same problem after having had my wheels refurbished, by a fraction thicker paint the socket I have in van no longer fits so need to change to thinner one or maybe 19mm nuts.

Well at Yakushi I went to turn the fog light on and it did not work. Strange crackling type noise and the dashboard light flicked.
MMMM something not right I thought.
Swiftly turned them off.
Had a look today thinking it could be a fuse.
Wrong.
This is what I found.
View attachment 23772
A melted mess of wires.
It turns out that when imported it had the reversing light made into a fog light. (normal)
I then changed this to these
View attachment 23773
So it turns out that the feed for the fog light was run from the illumination live on the power door switch.
Not good as the wire is very very thin.
So too much heat caused by the power draw from the Eagle eyes and we nearly had a bonfire at Yakushi.
Today I made good the melted wires.
Run a new feed of 2.5ml wire from the rear lights to the fog light switch for the power to the fog lights.
All is good now.
I dread to think what would have happened if I was driving along with the tunes loud and turned the fogs on.
Lucky escape. Mine had been similarly wired using reverse light. When I rewired it I added a fused relay and and fed the power directly from a switched live on the fuse box with the relay being energised by the illumination live.

Yep, I have one of those extendable wheel braces with 17mm, 19mm and 21mm adapters. It's worth having the extra leverage in case of emergency.

Back