• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

What have you done to your Elgrand today?

Today I pressure washed the old bus for the first time in the months it has laid up, first step of prep for returning to the road on 1st August

I went to a hand car wash The prices was on a board Car £4.50 4x4 £5.00 van £5.50 the little shit charged me £5.50 stating it was a van I have a loyalty card so i told him to rip it up as I will not be in again I have in the past paid £5.00

Managed to get it just a little bit sideways on a roundabout:confused:
Yes, also today I managed to spin the back wheels and slide the back out when pulling out of a junction, looked in mirror and even saw a bit of tyre smoke. I don't know how though, think there must have been diesel on the road or something!

Touch wood, think sorted out slightly binding front brakes, drivers wheel no longer skin burning hot and other front wheel cooler too, bit strange through as sliders and pistons didn't seem particularly stuck. Will have to keep my eye on it.

I went to a hand car wash The prices was on a board Car £4.50 4x4 £5.00 van £5.50 the little shit charged me £5.50 stating it was a van I have a loyalty card so i told him to rip it up as I will not be in again I have in the past paid £5.00
They charge £10 round here :eek:

Tr
Touch wood, think sorted out slightly binding front brakes, drivers wheel no longer skin burning hot and other front wheel cooler too, bit strange through as sliders and pistons didn't seem particularly stuck. Will have to keep my eye on it.
I found the shims had been put on in the wrong order when I replaced my discs and pads recently. I replaced them in the order they came off but that made them bind, looked in the manual and rearranged as per diagram and all was fine.

Yes, also today I managed to spin the back wheels and slide the back out when pulling out of a junction, looked in mirror and even saw a bit of tyre smoke. I don't know how though, think there must have been diesel on the road or something!
Trouble is it winds up the willy wonkas who think you want a race.

@Stempyuno - I'll be buggered if I can find my JPNZ manual to check, if you happen to remember - I had one metal one on the inside pad sort of shaped to pistons. Two on the outside pad, a plastic and then metal with slots in. I put new pads in as I thought the existing ones might be a bit glazed, just picked those up from local motor factors and prised off their shims and threw them away.

I was on a country lane with nothing coming, so no one saw me, usually what's good about the Elgrand is that people just think its a van (camper in my case) so don't heed it any attention :)

It's in here

Attachments

• Brake System.pdf
    2.2 MB · Views: 47
@Stempyuno - Thanks for that, same shim combinations but looks like on wrong pads...it seems you can't rely on what someone has done before.

And I would bet they didn’t clean the roof.

It’ll be fine, good luck

I hope so haha, I'm am not very good at wood work, I'm sure she will have me working at it all weekend.

Like I said I just made up a basic box frame and cut a bit of wood for the front (that will eventually have drawers and a table that pulls out to cook on, or atleast she hopes 😂😂)

Need alot of strengthening, and I'm gonna attach it to where the rear seats bolted to the sides
And then she wants the inside edge to be attached to the runners in the floor and pull towards the seat to make a bed...

Gonna be a nightmare, but hopefully nice once finished and wrapped in a nice colour and fit some lights or something.

IMG_20190718_192449.jpg

IMG_20190718_192437.jpg

IMG_20190718_193242.jpg

I hope so haha, I'm am not very good at wood work, I'm sure she will have me working at it all weekend.

Like I said I just made up a basic box frame and cut a bit of wood for the front (that will eventually have drawers and a table that pulls out to cook on, or atleast she hopes 😂😂)

Need alot of strengthening, and I'm gonna attach it to where the rear seats bolted to the sides
And then she wants the inside edge to be attached to the runners in the floor and pull towards the seat to make a bed...

Gonna be a nightmare, but hopefully nice once finished and wrapped in a nice colour and fit some lights or something.

View attachment 21034

View attachment 21035

View attachment 21036

Sounds like a plan and It’s a good start :)

Not today, but at the weekend finally found out that the key blade does actually unlock the door when the battery is completely flat :)

So glad I moved it on the drive so the drivers door was accessible - been far too close to smashy window time, too many times now!

Haven't used it for many weeks, only have myself to blame.

Anyhow, have a few trips planned for the summer soon so need to get it ready. Spoke to a local garage today about welding the aircon pipe up, said they'll give it a go and will try and fit me in next week.

Did a bit more on the boot bed the Mrs wants, still a hell of alot to do but ive added abit more structural support and the runners for her boxes and the pull out table.

All just basic at the minute but it feels like it's coming together a bit.

IMG_20190719_214228.jpg

IMG_20190719_214215.jpg

received_2186484388308413.jpeg

received_2288172664592659.jpeg

received_482937729177226.jpeg

Back