• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

What have you done to your Elgrand today?

Failed to replace the drivers side ARB drop link. Just couldn't get the sodding bottom nut off and ended up rounding if off. Bugger.

It'll need doing at a garage now. FFS.

You could try one of these?

You could try one of these?

Hmm...maybe. I actually think I've got one of those hidden somewhere. I'll regroup and have a crack at it later, it's not desperate.

Thanks for the reply!

Picked the truck up on Friday ( E1 2006 HS in Grey - OX06 xxx) - thanks Adrian (@Winchester) - top chap !

Quick oil check & then around 500km road trip on Saturday .. I see LPG installation in the near future ... no issues other than the Oil change pit stop warnings all coming on on the way home & a stuck rear window that needs freeing.

Going to do an oil & filter change next weekend, also looking for a new air filter - its got a rather snazzy Blitz SUSPower Core LM filter at the moment:
--
Not seeing anywhere in the UK that has replacement filters, it is I think the generic Blue one (E1 ?) any ideas ? I can import one I expect or should I just put it back to stock ?

Also pondering new tires as it has a set of Falken Espia EPZ, which are winter tires I think & likely to be destroyed with too many summer motorway miles.

Picked the truck up on Friday ( E1 2006 HS in Grey - OX06 xxx) - thanks Adrian (@Winchester) - top chap !

Quick oil check & then around 500km road trip on Saturday .. I see LPG installation in the near future ... no issues other than the Oil change pit stop warnings all coming on on the way home & a stuck rear window that needs freeing.

Going to do an oil & filter change next weekend, also looking for a new air filter - its got a rather snazzy Blitz SUSPower Core LM filter at the moment:
View attachment 21109
--
Not seeing anywhere in the UK that has replacement filters, it is I think the generic Blue one (E1 ?) any ideas ? I can import one I expect or should I just put it back to stock ?

Also pondering new tires as it has a set of Falken Espia EPZ, which are winter tires I think & likely to be destroyed with too many summer motorway miles.

The air filter is designed to be cleaned and reused, I don’t think you need to replace it.
I’d use up the winter tyres first then change for some all year ones.
Glad you are enjoying the car, it’s a lovely example with lots of extra toys.

View attachment 21109
--

You probably already know but it's worth a mention. The pit maintenance warnings can be cleared & reset by you - oil change warning for example won't reset automatically just because you change the oil & filter. You will still have to reset it yourself. There's instructions on here somewhere :)

Enjoy your new Elgrand :)

Could it be a bad earth?

Sadly not; I've connected the ground wire on the ISO connector, and the chassis of the head unit, to various metal bits of the car without any impact on the hiss. I believe that the antenna connection provides another ground. The hum doesn't change with engine revs etc so it doesn't feel like a grounding issue to me. The unit is very loud, so I'm trying to figure out if I can hack it to reduce the amplifier gain... could be a difficult job conversing with China :-D

On the plus side when I was out on the driveway installing it a chap pulled over and starting chatting about buying an Elgrand. I sent him in your direction @Winchester !

Sadly not; I've connected the ground wire on the ISO connector, and the chassis of the head unit, to various metal bits of the car without any impact on the hiss. I believe that the antenna connection provides another ground. The hum doesn't change with engine revs etc so it doesn't feel like a grounding issue to me. The unit is very loud, so I'm trying to figure out if I can hack it to reduce the amplifier gain... could be a difficult job conversing with China :-D

On the plus side when I was out on the driveway installing it a chap pulled over and starting chatting about buying an Elgrand. I sent him in your direction @Winchester !
Is there an app that you can use to reduce the output.

Is there an app that you can use to reduce the output.

I don't think so, the hum starts as soon as the unit is unmuted even with no sound being played, and doesn't change with volume.

I don't think so, the hum starts as soon as the unit is unmuted even with no sound being played, and doesn't change with volume.
Now in my days in bands I would fix a constant hum by removing the earth from the plug. Could you try it unearthed?

Great to hear what others are doing or planning to do with their elgranda. I've been checking YouTube finding out about replacing air and cabin /pollen filters and how to replace the spark plugs . The filters look pretty straight forward but the plugs look hard. It would be good to see how Beastie does the filters and what he encounters as problems cheers Glyn

Now in my days in bands I would fix a constant hum by removing the earth from the plug. Could you try it unearthed?

Not sure how - as I understand it the FM antenna is a path to ground, and there needs to be one somewhere as it's basically the connection to the negative terminal of the battery - so without it, there would be no circuit. There is no real earth as hopefully your tyres are rubber :D

Today I was out on the motorbike on a charity run for the local air ambulance, then I watched the end of todays stage of the Tour and THEN............... I washed the rest of the Elgrand as it looked wrong with only clean wheels.

They won't even let you play in pubs these days unless all your gear had been PAT tested.

Been off this week so had four new tyres fitted. Also had a Highway 600 fitted so I didn't have to remove the original radio and DVD player but could stream music, get bluetooth calls, oh and the radio is better also! And replaced a broken rear light lens.

andrew you must of past my house there was a large charity bike ride today they leave htc what bike do you have

Back