• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

What have you done to your Elgrand today?

Well today started off really really shit. Both front tyres taken out by something on road I assume. In a strange place too. The side wall!!! Or I have someone who really doesn’t like the van.

Plus point my mate (@Samko tyres Newport) who sourced fitted and balanced the tyres within 3hrs of calling him. 2x 245-35-20 with XL rated £132 all in 👍

Let’s now hope the tyre Ninja doesn’t strike again

Sounds suspicious, maybe it’s the speed you’re hitting speed humps ;)

Well today started off really really shit. Both front tyres taken out by something on road I assume. In a strange place too. The side wall!!! Or I have someone who really doesn’t like the van.

Plus point my mate (@Samko tyres Newport) who sourced fitted and balanced the tyres within 3hrs of calling him. 2x 245-35-20 with XL rated £132 all in 👍

Let’s now hope the tyre Ninja doesn’t strike again
Good result on the tyres mate, but drifting at those speeds was always going to damage the tyres.😂
EDIT Who the hell wouldn't like that van.😀

Today I got the screens working and the kids love it. No doubt the novelty will wear off very soon!

k4b39c.jpg
Hi 👋 how did you manage to get these working ?

Hi 👋 how did you manage to get these working ?

I have a Cyclone Micro 2+ which enables you to play music and video via a USB stick or an SD card. You plug it in via the AV sockets in the rear of the van. I then have the unit tucked under the dash so I can operate it with the remote control. They’re dirt cheap on Amazon, eBay and the like. There’s a Cyclone 4 available too which enables you to mirror your smartphone onto the screens.

Pretty sure there’s a more in-depth thread on here on set-up if you need it. I’ll try and find it.

EDIT: Here’s the link... http://forum.elgrandoc.uk/threads/sumvision-micro-cyclone-4-set-up.8059/

Last edited:
Had a 'secondhand' tyre bought from eBay fitted after one of mine started to wear heavily on the inside edge, and had the camber adjusted too.

I have a Cyclone Micro 2+ which enables you to play music and video via a USB stick or an SD card. You plug it in via the AV sockets in the rear of the van. I then have the unit tucked under the dash so I can operate it with the remote control. They’re dirt cheap on Amazon, eBay and the like. There’s a Cyclone 4 available too which enables you to mirror your smartphone onto the screens.

Pretty sure there’s a more in-depth thread on here on set-up if you need it. I’ll try and find it.

EDIT: Here’s the link... http://forum.elgrandoc.uk/threads/sumvision-micro-cyclone-4-set-up.8059/
Thanks for the link mate 👍👊

I actually ordered a MICRO2+ today. Then cancelled it because I didn't realise it didn't have miracast. Need to get a 4 or something.

I actually ordered a MICRO2+ today. Then cancelled it because I didn't realise it didn't have miracast. Need to get a 4 or something.
Help please 🤣 just received my cyclone 4 l, plugged into aux behind passenger but nothing’s coming up on the screens? Am I thick?

Help please 🤣 just received my cyclone 4 l, plugged into aux behind passenger but nothing’s coming up on the screens? Am I thick?

Have you pressed the TV button on the dashboard? You’ll need to turn the screen on to VTR mode, also. I can’t remember the exact process. It took a lot of messing around with the buttons to get it working!

Have you pressed the TV button on the dashboard? You’ll need to turn the screen on to VTR mode, also. I can’t remember the exact process. It took a lot of messing around with the buttons to get it working!
It’s saying VTR off can’t seem to get it to say on haha

It’s saying VTR off can’t seem to get it to say on haha

Is your handbrake on? The Cyclone menu will only show on the front screen if it’s applied.

Just found this thread on the VTR mode. It may help...

Back