• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

What have you done to your Elgrand today?

Saw an Aldi headlight cleaning kit, it's done an ok job, could probably do with another application, but that's me done for the day! plenty of yellow transferred to the white cloths, and I didn't think my headlights had much

10ymdt2.jpg
[/IMG]

Saw an Aldi headlight cleaning kit, it's done an ok job, could probably do with another application, but that's me done for the day! plenty of yellow transferred to the white cloths, and I didn't think my headlights had much

10ymdt2.jpg
[/IMG]

Did you use the sandpaper in it or just the polish and sealer?

I was too lazy to use the sandpaper but the polish done a good job. Next time I give the car a good clean I may set aside an hour and use the sandpaper too

Did you use the sandpaper in it or just the polish and sealer?

I was too lazy to use the sandpaper but the polish done a good job. Next time I give the car a good clean I may set aside an hour and use the sandpaper too
I used the sandpaper, polish and sealer

:eek: A dirty rubber flange there @Simon58! lol well spotted @Claptrap! Your paint works looking awesome!

I'm only jealous of @Simon58's paintwork...it's amazing and something to aspire too... and on that note, I have been using my DA Polisher this morning and can see some light at the end of the tunnel to rid my windows of the acid rain marks and how to remove the swirls, so Simons pics show what can be achieved, although I think I'm going to need arms like Popeye to do the whole thing :cold_sweat:

I'm only jealous of @Simon58's paintwork...it's amazing and something to aspire too... and on that note, I have been using my DA Polisher this morning and can see some light at the end of the tunnel to rid my windows of the acid rain marks and how to remove the swirls, so Simons pics show what can be achieved, although I think I'm going to need arms like Popeye to do the whole thing :cold_sweat:

Haven't used my DA yet! :eek: Good luck with yours today mate let me know how you get on! :p

Haven't used my DA yet! :eek: Good luck with yours today mate let me know how you get on! :p

It's brilliant Richard, The DA Polisher is really easy to use, it just gets really heavy very quickly if you're not used to it (which i'm not, lol) and as I don't have a garage, working in the direct sunlight was really drying the 'Scholl S20 Black one step compound' too quickly for best results. I'd probably need shade for the best results, that way the 'compound' would stay waxy for longer

It's brilliant Richard, The DA Polisher is really easy to use, it just gets really heavy very quickly if you're not used to it (which i'm not, lol) and as I don't have a garage, working in the direct sunlight was really drying the 'Scholl S20 Black one step compound' too quickly for best results. I'd probably need shade for the best results, that way the 'compound' would stay waxy for longer

Come passed my way bud @Claptrap, I currently have both mine in the garage I am sure I can let you in for a few hours! lol My son keeps asking for his Mini to come back in, he's getting annoyed with all the pollen out there! lol

Come passed my way bud @Claptrap, I currently have both mine in the garage I am sure I can let you in for a few hours! lol My son keeps asking for his Mini to come back in, he's getting annoyed with all the pollen out there! lol

Yup, it would be handy if you were closer, lol

Yeah, loads of pollen, washed and cleaned it yesterday and then had to wipe it down again before I tried the polisher

Claptrap. Wheel arches hopefully getting done tomorrow when wheels come off to paint calipers 🤞. Scholl concepts s20 black is a brilliant compound and polish , but just remember that the clear coat on Elgrands is classed as soft and it's not very thick from what I've read , so go carefully when compounding /cutting .😎👍

Claptrap. Wheel arches hopefully getting done tomorrow when wheels come off to paint calipers 🤞. Scholl concepts s20 black is a brilliant compound and polish , but just remember that the clear coat on Elgrands is classed as soft and it's not very thick from what I've read , so go carefully when compounding /cutting .😎👍

Good lad Simon, looking forward to seeing the calipers now :)

Yeah, from what I've done so far, the Scholl concepts S20 black is superb (with a Chemical Guys Green Hex-Logic Pad), so easy to use and returned great results on the first pass on the paint but I haven't done it all, as I had other stuff to do sadly.

Plus I only really used the weight of the DA Polisher due to the soft paint and it was my first go with it, results are amazing so far on the areas I've tried it.

I'm just testing all the different cleaning stuff and products I have this weekend and will really go at it during the next bank holiday.

Also cleaned all the plastic and rubber around the windows using 'Meguiars Ultimate Black Plastic Restorer', having the right products for each bit certainly makes life easier... once you've found you're preferred one :)

I only wish the sun would go behind a huge cloud so I could have more shade :)

Last edited:
Which of the products have you tried yet @Richard Fox, I'm interested in your feedback on the Hydrid V7 :)
  • Chemical Guys Foam Pad Cleaning Brush
  • Chemical Guys Pad Maintenance Kit
  • Chemical Guys Hybrid V7
  • Chemical Guys Butter Wet Wax
  • Chemical Guys Synthetic Quick Detailer
  • Chemical Guys Eco Smart Ready To Use Waterless Wash and Wax
  • Auto Finesse Finale Pro - Detail Spray

Back