• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

What have you done to your Elgrand today?

@Claptrap
Which of the products have you tried yet @Richard Fox, I'm interested in your feedback on the Hydrid V7 :)
  • Chemical Guys Foam Pad Cleaning Brush
  • Chemical Guys Pad Maintenance Kit
  • Chemical Guys Hybrid V7
  • Chemical Guys Butter Wet Wax
  • Chemical Guys Synthetic Quick Detailer
  • Chemical Guys Eco Smart Ready To Use Waterless Wash and Wax
  • Auto Finesse Finale Pro - Detail Spray
  • Chemical Guys Hybrid V7 Brilliant stuff. (just ordered 1 us gallon for £50) works out at £133 if you buy the 16oz bottles for 1 gallon so a huge saving
  • Chemical Guys Butter Wet Wax Brilliant stuff. Easy to use, Great results.
  • Chemical Guys Eco Smart Ready To Use Waterless Wash and Wax. I bought the gallon and mixed it myself. Good stuff. Nearly out of it now but am trialing This Seems just as good if not better.

@Claptrap

• Chemical Guys Hybrid V7 Brilliant stuff. (just ordered 1 us gallon for £50) works out at £133 if you buy the 16oz bottles for 1 gallon so a huge saving
  • Chemical Guys Butter Wet Wax Brilliant stuff. Easy to use, Great results.
  • Chemical Guys Eco Smart Ready To Use Waterless Wash and Wax. I bought the gallon and mixed it myself. Good stuff. Nearly out of it now but am trialing This Seems just as good if not better.

Cheers Andy, will probably order the 16oz of the Hybrid V7 to start with and see how I get on with it, cheers for the feedback :)

Had a saunter on up to Butser hill. All went well, marked improvement in braking feel and most importantly, no judder, so happy with result.

I did wonder why there was so much judder on what appeared to be very recent discs and pads. I discovered in the reassembly process that the pad shims had been fitted in the wrong order. Trying to refit them in the way they came off I found it to be a stupidly tight fit and the brakes were binding. Took a look at the manual and refitted in the correct order and all went together fine.

So my conclusion is that the previous fitter had forced it all together and then it had been run with binding brakes until it had worn sufficiently not to bind. The overheating must have caused the new discs to warp and cause the shuddering.

Room with a view.

DSC_1515.JPG

Washed van top to bottom and then hoovered out.

More work on interior (see project thread)

Waterless wax applied and buffed off, cleaned inside wheels, cleaned inside petrol cap.

Went for a drive and forgot everythin was shut but played chicken with speed humps around Newport.

Speed humps won scraped off more of front bumper lol Must raise air!!! Doh

Washed van top to bottom and then hoovered out.

More work on interior (see project thread)

Waterless wax applied and buffed off, cleaned inside wheels, cleaned inside petrol cap.

Went for a drive and forgot everythin was shut but played chicken with speed humps around Newport.

Speed humps won scraped off more of front bumper lol Must raise air!!! Doh
No wiring?

Planned to paint calipers and wash wheel arches but woke up with a bad back , so just going to relax in the sun and look at what everyone else has done . Bloody bad back had loads planned. 🤬😠

Planned to paint calipers and wash wheel arches but woke up with a bad back , so just going to relax in the sun and look at what everyone else has done . Bloody bad back had loads planned. 🤬😠

I’m taking the day off too, enjoy!

Back