• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

What have you done to your Elgrand today?

Just had her MOT'd at origin automotive, Durham . Passed with no adviseries. Very good service by the lads , also got a price to put my nismo suspension on , which is a good price . πŸ˜ŽπŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘

Just had her MOT'd at origin automotive, Durham . Passed with no adviseries. Very good service by the lads , also got a price to put my nismo suspension on , which is a good price . πŸ˜ŽπŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘
sounds like a good two for one deal to me---well done ;)

Got my goodies out I purchased from https://www.slimsdetailing.co.uk. Fantastic service, all nicely packed in cellophane!!
Tried my Auto Finesse Finale Quick Detailer spray out first, bl**dy AWESOME would highly recommend it! :)
Just bought some of this on your recommendation Richard! Hopefully get to give it a try this weekend 😁
Oh and all autofinnesse stuff is on offer at Halfords at the moment!! Ker-ching saving £££'s 😁😁

Should I stop polishing????think I've got a fetish or a problem.πŸ€”πŸ˜ŽπŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘

Attachments

• 20190413_154146.jpg
    20190413_154146.jpg
    84.3 KB · Views: 34
  • 20190413_154105.jpg
    20190413_154105.jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 35
  • 20190413_154141.jpg
    20190413_154141.jpg
    69.4 KB · Views: 32
Well I didn't stop and here is the end product. Not quite as good as I wanted but it will do for now. also found a few scratches I didn't know I had but that's what comes of owning a black car and using every day for work etc. πŸ€”πŸ˜ŽπŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘

Attachments

• 20190413_170021.jpg
    20190413_170021.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 19
  • 20190413_165946.jpg
    20190413_165946.jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 20
  • 20190413_170003.jpg
    20190413_170003.jpg
    89.1 KB · Views: 22
  • 20190413_170009.jpg
    20190413_170009.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 21
  • 20190413_165955.jpg
    20190413_165955.jpg
    87.7 KB · Views: 19
Just bought some of this on your recommendation Richard! Hopefully get to give it a try this weekend 😁
Oh and all autofinnesse stuff is on offer at Halfords at the moment!! Ker-ching saving £££'s 😁😁
Should I stop polishing????think I've got a fetish or a problem.πŸ€”πŸ˜ŽπŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘
Well I didn't stop and here is the end product. Not quite as good as I wanted but it will do for now. also found a few scratches I didn't know I had but that's what comes of owning a black car and using every day for work etc. πŸ€”πŸ˜ŽπŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘

Join the club! lol I cant but help spray some detailer spray everytime I walk by, I swear its getting shinier! lol I have also just tried my Chemical Guys Butter Wet Wax.... geeeezzzz man get yourself some its AWESOME! lol

Thinking about purchasing a steam cleaner any recommendations? I have been look at the Karcher SC3 or SC4, its gunna be for home use and a car use!

Chemical guys butter wet wax is excellent stuff also try there black light it's a sort of show wax sealer sort of thing it's also a bit of a filler also , leaves paint nice and smooth and shiny. πŸ˜ŽπŸ‘

Chemical guys butter wet wax is excellent stuff also try there black light it's a sort of show wax sealer sort of thing it's also a bit of a filler also , leaves paint nice and smooth and shiny. πŸ˜ŽπŸ‘

Man you can end up spending a fortune on this stuff, its smells soooo good! lol

Stripped my drivers side wheel bearing down as it was starting to pick up very slightly with the faintest of intermittent vibrations. All degreased with the rear bearing and race punched out of the hub. On inspection the taper bearings and races were in good fettle and running smoothly but the grease had been past it's best. With new grease and a test drive all is well again but could easily have been a different story if not attended to quickly. Going to do the other side as a precautionary as the grease will probably be in the same condition. It also gave me the opportunity to inspect the caliper seals and copper grease the pads in the spring sliders. Not too bad a job to do either for the diy spannerist. Recommended to get the best life out of those bearings.
Yep,thats a good example of old school engineering that i much prefer to stuff you can't strip,clean,adjust,reassemble.Newer vehicles(e51?)you'd be spending out on new bearings and need a press to fit 'emπŸ”©πŸ”§πŸ”¨πŸ‘πŸšœπŸšπŸšœπŸš

@Richard Fox - I usually borrow my friends wall paper stripper which also has an attachment to just squirt the steam out of a hose. I haven't used it on car upholstery, usually use it for defrosting freezers and getting creases out of curtains. Unsurprisingly you have to be a bit cautious when using it or your skin would soon peel off. His is one a bit like this:
Earlex-Industrial-Wallpaper-Steamer.jpg

I recently needed to de-crease some curtains in a hurry and bought a steam cleaner from a local shop. Although it was fairly cheap at Β£20 its completely useless, you can put your hand in the "steam" and I can't understand how it produces the vapour so cool. I just ended up wetting the curtains and the creases didn't drop. The duff one I bought was a Beldray:
s-l225.jpg

Sorry, no experience of the Karcher and whilst their products are usually very good I'd wait for a bit of feedback and read reviews before investing in one.

Took a trip to see @chris wills to sort out wiring.

4hrs later and although nothing is fixed at least some of the looms are working and will have indicators at some point due identifying what does what.

Many thanks @chris wills apologies for my annoying daughter!

Man you can end up spending a fortune on this stuff, its smells soooo good! lol
I knew this would happen if I started to hang on this site, l give mine a wash and polish once a year whether it needs it or not. I've been reading through these post and now I feel I have to become a polisher. No hope for me now, I'm of to get some posh car cleaning gear and micro fibre cloths, yes nice micro fibre cloths...... "Coming now matron is my medication ready"

I knew this would happen if I started to hang on this site, l give mine a wash and polish once a year whether it needs it or not. I've been reading through these post and now I feel I have to become a polisher. No hope for me now, I'm of to get some posh car cleaning gear and micro fibre cloths, yes nice micro fibre cloths...... "Coming now matron is my medication ready"

Trust me you will become addicted and end up getting some kind of Microfibre fetish, so many to choose from! lol
Try and get some if you can which are edgeless or with silk edging its a lot better for the paintwork! :p

Back