• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

What have you done to your Elgrand today?

I’ve had to park my Elgrand in Brighton for a few weeks while I go away...worried about it just sitting there on a random street. I’m sure it will be fine though. Missing it!

Upgraded my ICE system...!!
well not really my son hooked up his Harman Kardon Go Play Bluetooth portable speaker, geez man no need for car speaker upgrades the sound is bl**dy amazing! lol

I’ve had to park my Elgrand in Brighton for a few weeks while I go away...worried about it just sitting there on a random street. I’m sure it will be fine though. Missing it!
Upgraded my ICE system...!!
well not really my son hooked up his Harman Kardon Go Play Bluetooth portable speaker, geez man no need for car speaker upgrades the sound is bl**dy amazing! lol
It's good kit Harman kardon. I have 1 of their speaker systems in the kitchen hooked up to the laptop. It has a lovely sound.

Passed its 7th UK MOT on its 21st birthday, again with no advisories. I admit I fitted new discs, new pads, new drums, new shoes, new bottom ball joints, new anti-roll bar links, new front wheel bearings and 4 new tyres. I had to remove the radiator and accompanying cowls to replace a four inch rubber power steering pipe and clips, my wrists just couldn’t bend and twist enough with the rad in place. I think the amount spent was worthwhile as I intend to keep this car for ever. I try to maintain the Elgrand to a high standard as it does so much work for us as a family, although we only do about 12000 miles a year we tend to do most of them in the summer. I wash and polish the Elgrand once a year wether it needs it or not. We are now ready for the summer jaunts to Cornwall in June and August or even sooner if we get the chance. I will give the underside a good going over with wax oil now mot is done.

Yep, can't wait to get it kitted out and start using it.
Well you know how it is.......been lookin and lookin then ,oh this may work😜😜😄
Well then,i now have my new wheels fitted👍👍👍🚜🚐🚜🚐🔧🔩🔨amazing transformation to the old bus!Ford ranger limited edition 17x8(6 "spoke"stylee)+ 30mm spacers front and back(et of wheels is 55 so -30 =25mm)👍i had thought i would need to enlarge the centre bore or machine hubs 😒for the fronts but by aligning the nut flats on 4wd hub they just popped straight on!😉😉.new 235 50,s on front and 255 50,s(nicked from my trike😜🙊)on the back(just temporarily/must remember not to engage 4wd till 235,s go on back as well)avatar amended😎all in all a nice(and fairly cheap)option for the E50 if you're looking to change your wheels......

Not done a thing , just a quick blast with the hose pipe and nothing else . Not been polished or anything for a while and just look at the shine . Just shows that looking after your paint work is definitely worth it . 😎👍👍👍👍

Attachments

• 20190412_172330.jpg
    20190412_172330.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 14
  • 20190412_172449.jpg
    20190412_172449.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 16
  • 20190412_172305.jpg
    20190412_172305.jpg
    69.5 KB · Views: 16
Stripped my drivers side wheel bearing down as it was starting to pick up very slightly with the faintest of intermittent vibrations. All degreased with the rear bearing and race punched out of the hub. On inspection the taper bearings and races were in good fettle and running smoothly but the grease had been past it's best. With new grease and a test drive all is well again but could easily have been a different story if not attended to quickly. Going to do the other side as a precautionary as the grease will probably be in the same condition. It also gave me the opportunity to inspect the caliper seals and copper grease the pads in the spring sliders. Not too bad a job to do either for the diy spannerist. Recommended to get the best life out of those bearings.

Passed its 7th UK MOT on its 21st birthday, again with no advisories. I admit I fitted new discs, new pads, new drums, new shoes, new bottom ball joints, new anti-roll bar links, new front wheel bearings and 4 new tyres. I had to remove the radiator and accompanying cowls to replace a four inch rubber power steering pipe and clips, my wrists just couldn’t bend and twist enough with the rad in place. I think the amount spent was worthwhile as I intend to keep this car for ever. I try to maintain the Elgrand to a high standard as it does so much work for us as a family, although we only do about 12000 miles a year we tend to do most of them in the summer. I wash and polish the Elgrand once a year wether it needs it or not. We are now ready for the summer jaunts to Cornwall in June and August or even sooner if we get the chance. I will give the underside a good going over with wax oil now mot is done.
That's great news @Elgramps 👏

Back