• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

What have you done to your Elgrand today?

I washed my van today.... In some ways I wish i hadn't - I've neglected it a bit the last year (job change etc) and the tin worm has arrived in places i didn't realise.... No major infestations but little bits all over it - arches, rain channel etc... Oh well... :)

Diesel removed from tank and replaced with petrol
Expensive mistake as it was empty , £88.60 off diesel+removal cost £180 NUMTY😩💦

Sorry to hear it, I’ve come close and picked the diesel pump up loads of times. Hopefully you only do it once, one of my mates has done it 3 times now and we keep telling him, either have 2 diesels or 2 petrols not one of each :)

Last edited:
Diesel removed from tank and replaced with petrol
Expensive mistake as it was empty , £88.60 off diesel+removal cost £180 NUMTY😩💦
Filled my bike with diesel, glasses were steamed up, easier to sort though and only 3 gallons. I did think though that diesel nozzles are bigger than petrol ones so they wont fit in a petrol filler hose.

I changed the starter on my E50 3.2 today. So glad it is done, if I have to do it again in years to come I will opt to go in hospital first to have U J's fitted to my elbows and wrists, it may make the job easier. As a short overweight 63 year old, big belly requires high lift jack once this was done my arms were too short to reach from the floor lying down position. Having undone 2 bolts, 1 nut and a very small screw, getting the starter out and then putting the new on in was a bit like trying to send a new born back to where it came from except the space doesn't stretch. At least it is done!!

Nice one @Catweazle :)

How many of the must haves on your list did you manage to get?
Can't find original post, but I think everything.

Sunroof.
Curtains.
Privacy glass.
Four wheel drive.
Dark interior.
Double din conversion (Japanese), cant understand a thing,
18 inch wheels bought from @Antidote (Thanks).
Can't think of anything else.

Thought TB2 could do with a bit of a make over. Now, I'm not the greatest wizard in the world but reckoned i'd give it a go. So I gussied up my smock, said my most powerful spell, waved my magic wand with the greatest of care and BOOM. When the smoke and sulpher fumes cleared (everyone knows magic involves the stench of Sulpher) much to my surprise I had managed to turn this Ok but battered beast,

View attachment 14778

Into this somewhat tastier looking beast.

View attachment 14772View attachment 14773View attachment 14774View attachment 14775View attachment 14776

My magic grows stronger as I age.

Peeps I give you DOGY HOo_O . At least thats what the plate says. Think it needs another Name :worried:.
I see you have come over to the dark side( e51) did you use black magic?

A quick wash and some more gyeon wetcoat. 😎👍

Attachments

• 20190225_165704.jpg
    20190225_165704.jpg
    89.2 KB · Views: 16
  • 20190225_165656.jpg
    20190225_165656.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 18
  • 20190225_165715.jpg
    20190225_165715.jpg
    85 KB · Views: 17
  • 20190225_165800.jpg