• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

What have you done to your Elgrand today?

Dig the branch out and get some vinyl wrap over it for the time being, to stop anything else getting in. I had something similar happen on an old Saab passenger mirror, fecking spider lived in there for years and was quite the prolific web builder

Today I've done... this :(

qUGx2RU.jpg

Bloody branch must have jumped out of the hedge! Considering the noise it made i'm lucky it didn't do worse. Lights work, camera works, electric retract works. There's the obvious hole with free embedded stick, a tiny crack into the clear section, the other side is very slightly damaged where it smacked the window, and when it's retracted it can open and close freely which the driver's side doesn't do.

Super annoying. Flipping high level devon hedge!
chrome covers ????
The price on these keeps dropping and still taking offers

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Genuine-...h=item2ac1ee8117:g:9pUAAOSwliFcL6Q4:rk:1:pf:0

qUGx2RU.jpg

Bloody branch must have jumped out of the hedge! Considering the noise it made i'm lucky it didn't do worse. Lights work, camera works, electric retract works. There's the obvious hole with free embedded stick, a tiny crack into the clear section, the other side is very slightly damaged where it smacked the window, and when it's retracted it can open and close freely which the driver's side doesn't do.

Oh no.
Mind you when I was in Devon in the Range Rover those hedges are bloody close and high.
Hope you get it sorted soon.

That's actually tempting, would be a lot simpler fix for the time being. Is that you selling them? I'll have a think and a peer at the van, try and get an idea how it would look.

My other option is, repair it with filler and buy a can of the Car Colour G30 paint I guess.
Not me selling
I did have a set of the same seller (higher price) if he says there are no marks , scratches then there probably isn't, mine are like new and he seems to be up for offers etc so be sure to bid him
They can be bought cheaper but would have to imported
was thinking you could take them of later to fix and decide wether to re apply or not then

qUGx2RU.jpg

Not me selling
I did have a set of the same seller (higher price) if he says there are no marks , scratches then there probably isn't, mine are like new and he seems to be up for offers etc so be sure to bid him
They can be bought cheaper but would have to imported
was thinking you could take them of later to fix and decide wether to re apply or not then

Thats a great price for mirror covers in the UK, normally there like gold dust here!!! :p

Just been out in a bloody gale to put windscreen cover on to stop the frost , not sure if it will still be there in the morning 🤞😎

That's actually tempting, would be a lot simpler fix for the time being. Is that you selling them? I'll have a think and a peer at the van, try and get an idea how it would look.

My other option is, repair it with filler and buy a can of the Car Colour G30 paint I guess.
I think those chrome covers @Andy700 will be the cheapest option. 2-300 for replacement I reakon for both or about 150 for the 1

Back