• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

What have you done to your Elgrand today?

Dont actually know where the kits from! grille has "fabulous" inscribed and badges say the same but couldnt find much on the web about them. been offered a set of nice 18s when i have the spare cash and will be giving them the ol' shiny shiny! :cool:

Installed this.
Did not want to be deaf before I am 21.
Just wanted a bit of extra bass without blowing my normal speakers up.
Seem to work OK. Just enough bass.
Easy to take out if needed
Got it from Here
20190118_120157.jpg

Installed this.
Got it from Here
View attachment 13071
How bass(y) is it buddy? Been thinking of getting one or two of these to free up some space instead of my big sub box.

Installed this.
Got it from Here
View attachment 13071
How bass(y) is it buddy? Been thinking of getting one or two of these to free up some space instead of my big sub box.
I will try and do a video tomorrow for you mate
Ah that'd be great buddy! Don't know anyone that's had the slim subs before to ask.

Nice @dognero I agree a little extra bass would just sort out the standard speaker setup, I'll look forward to seeing the vid with @RobP :)
Oh today I checked my tyres and upped them from 35 to 40PSI and checked all fluids :)

@RobP @Richard Fox
Up to 22 seconds no sub
The sock has nothing to do with the speaker lol it has my cat litter in.
Thanks buddy. That sounds good!! 😁 not quite the same depth as a big sub box but enough to give the overall system a good sound!!
Might well invest in one to give me more boot space and make it easier to lay the seats flat for camping.

Removed the alternator to be sent off for a refurb, what a nightmare of a job, zero access and buried in the deepest darkest recess of the engine bay.

Many thanks to Brian @BMR for his ever useful advice :)

Had to remove viscous fan to get it out and that needs replacing as the fan is cracked all over and ready to shatter...

received_352344935605077.jpegreceived_2187755921487628.jpegreceived_2270171836639668.jpeg

Gosh. It used to be popular to replace viscous fans with electric, Kenlowe were a well known supplier.

As for me I finally fitted my other de-cat pipe, so I now have two cats instead of three!

@RobP @Richard Fox
Up to 22 seconds no sub
The sock has nothing to do with the speaker lol it has my cat litter in.
Thanks buddy. That sounds good!! 😁 not quite the same depth as a big sub box but enough to give the overall system a good sound!!
Might well invest in one to give me more boot space and make it easier to lay the seats flat for camping.

Nice one @dognero I'm well impressed for £70! Not too much bass but hey the last thing I want is my doors rattling... just a little more grunt and this looks the ticket! :)

Nice one @dognero I'm well impressed for £70! Not too much bass but hey the last thing I want is my doors rattling... just a little more grunt and this looks the ticket! :)
Not sure how long they'll stay at that price! Been looking at these for while and it's the cheapest I've ever seen them advertised! Gutted I've got no spare money at the moment as they'll probably be back to full price by the time I can get one 😭

Back