• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

What have you done to your Elgrand today?

What is the nearest QX1 paint colour which they use on the plastic door handles?

Just wondering what colour is the door handles as I want to re spray the rear bumper but I don’t want to use QX1 I just want the nearest colour to it.
would be interested in a near match too, i have a patch needs spraying inside the tail gate.
The nearest ive found is for a Nissan note from halfrauds

Did my maiden oil top up with the motorbike funnel. Wasn't as bad as I thought, just a bit fiddly, but just took my time. Kitchen towel bits ready, LED torch on and pointing to the oil cap area, old light shirt over the parts of the engine in case of drips etc.
I mentioned before that not much was gone; about 1/4 from the F on the dipstick (when it once was on F). I wanted to top it up to see that I could. Ended up adding about 230ml of MIllers. I did it in stages, about 75-100 ml at a time, let it sit for 10 mins and checked the stick. When it got to 'a touch under F' I thought be happy with what you've done, and put the oil cap back on. Hopefully that'll last until the service in about 2 months time, when I'm given them 5w-30 fully synthetic to replace the 10w-40 semi which is in it.

Edit: I checked the dipstick again a couple of hours later, when the ctek had finished charging, and the oil level had gone up a touch more, as the last of what I added much had fell into the sump. Almost bang on the F mark now, as it was when I got the van :)
I built a filler tool with a bit of hosepipe with a funnel wedged in it, number of times I have spilt oil is beyond counting. Fiddly fcuking job :grinning:

I liked it the other day on the forecasts. As, it is, like it is 90% of the time, a pretty poor/average summer, the propaganda merchants can't have that, don't fit the narrative, so given it's been below average temps, they showed a 'heat map' in colours showing where it has been even more below average temps....but used darker red (instead of blue) to indicate coldness. Nothing like a bit of scaremongering 'red fear' to keep it topped up eh :rolleyes:
Global warming, my arse. Unless I am feeling my age, the air has been bitingly cold once you are out of the sun. I'm not taking the blame though, took the Undertaker off the road four weeks ago whilst waiting for new wheel bearings (arrived today, thanks to the parts marvel that is @BMR ).
With any luck, I will be pissing Greta Thunberg off again by the end of next week. 👍👍

Global warming, my arse. Unless I am feeling my age, the air has been bitingly cold once you are out of the sun. I'm not taking the blame though, took the Undertaker off the road four weeks ago whilst waiting for new wheel bearings (arrived today, thanks to the parts marvel that is @BMR ).
With any luck, I will be pissing Greta Thunberg off again by the end of next week. 👍👍

Aye, it's been 6c for the last week here and it snowed for 5 consecutive days in Aviemore... meanwhile some commie professor tries to tell us that it's perfectly normal for this time of year 🤣

the air has been bitingly cold once you are out of the sun
Thought I would let you know that the warming up process is done by the sun, that's why you get warmer when going from shady to sunny areas it's also why it gets colder when the sun sets. 🥵🥶
With any luck, I will be pissing Greta Thunberg off again by the end of next week.
Ive emailed her about the petrol guzzler you drive so I reckon she'll be pissed of with you by Friday this week. You're Welcome. :innocent:

Aye, it's been 6c for the last week here and it snowed for 5 consecutive days in Aviemore... meanwhile some commie professor tries to tell us that it's perfectly normal for this time of year 🤣
None of the fcking "experts" have a clue, global agenda to get the masses out of personal transport and back on the buses. I am getting my bus pass in 3 weeks, I fully intend to use it to the max, I've got nearly fifty years of tax to claw back :grinning:

Thought I would let you know that the warming up process is done by the sun, that's why you get warmer when going from shady to sunny areas it's also why it gets colder when the sun sets. 🥵🥶

Ive emailed her about the petrol guzzler you drive so I reckon she'll be pissed of with you by Friday this week. You're Welcome. :innocent:
Cheers pal, appreciated....:D:D

None of the fcking "experts" have a clue, global agenda to get the masses out of personal transport and back on the buses. I am getting my bus pass in 3 weeks, I fully intend to use it to the max, I've got nearly fifty years of tax to claw back :grinning:

No, they don't have a clue ... buy you know the slogan... "Trust the experts" 🤪

Congratulations on gaining your business pass! Enjoy your tax clawback ... tax is theft, afterall ;)

And wasn't some weather forcaster 'exposed' the other month for talking about how it's been the 'warmest' April on record......standing in 4 layers of clothing 😁

Guess what I did today, well nearly lol

View attachment 103622
Got as far as filter change and oil pan back on before rain stopped play, again

Ive seen a lot worse colour oil come from an Elgrand gearbox... that looks pretty clean to me or am I talking sh*t! lol
Well done for doing it bud Im still debating with mine!! :confused:

Back