• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

What have you done to your Elgrand today?

I recently had cruise control installed on our E52 by Motor Mods at Tewkesbury. wasn't cheap by any stretch but it works a treat and seems quite bit more economical than my lead foot!!
May I enquire how much please? and was it the CAM8 system? I need ot get one into mine and it'll be more of a requriement after the next 2 weeks of driving without it....

What bumper, grill and headlights are these? It looks great!
Bumper is Nismo “imported”, grill is a Dayz grill “imported” and the headlights were imported as junk and taken apart/rebuilt by me , all imported from Japan

There was and possibly still is a Nismo front bumper and a full kit for sale on here not long ago

well I spent ~£700 on bits (service stuff/pair front shocks/pair lower wishbones/rear subframe mounts/1bearing) but alas got charged 10hours labour @ £75/hr to change all that. He had the car friday, got it back monday afternoon, mech had to go into work sunday...he loves rear subframe mounts!!! and actually spent alot longer so the labour bill went from ~350 to ~750! Hope it passes its MoT in Nov but had trouble last time due to emissions [and not having rear cats] word to the wise IF YOU REMOVE YOUR REAR CATS, DONT GET RID, KEEP THEM AS YOU MAY NEED TO REFIT FOR MOT TIME!!! sounds like an effort but may make all the difference. Plus I replaced rear with flanged pipework kit BUT dodgy (always skint mechanic) at the time said he only got £60 scrap value for them & I'll never know for sure

BUT think I'll wait until the MoT, because of the Elgrand I have fallen big time for BBC Radio 2 ..... I love it makes me laugh out loud every time however I would like to treat it to a double din head unit DAB but no idea how to do it. Me and dodgy mech did try to mirror my iphone 7 thro' various leads thro the ports at the back but never worked like it did on youtube!

Not spent a lot of time on my Elgrand over the last few days as my wife's 650i was due it MOT and needed a few jobs doing so have been working on that instead.

Good news is that it passed yesterday with no advisories so can now get back to the Elgrand. :grinning:

Little job today was a refresh of the front headlights as they had discoloured a bit over the winter.

Intending to get my front ride height on the coilovers sorted out to my liking with the new wheels over the weekend as today I also booked my Elgrand in for the week after next for 4 wheel alignment with Lee at FCM Motorsports.

In my opinion he is the best in the South West for setting up alignment on any car with bigger aftermarket wheels and or suspension mods and has set up both my other cars and also previous cars and does a lot of work on modified and track cars.

Unlike the big chains he does not set to manufacturer factory settings which are fine if your car is standard but uses his knowledge and expertise to set up individual for the mods that you have made to your car.

Elgrand Lights.jpgElgrand Lights1.jpg

Dipped headlight bulb story, new bulb required, thought, take battery out get bulb, take to shop, to get the correct bulb, how hard can it be.
So simple, well, the story begins.
The bulb, I took out, it's a D2S, so if one goes probably, yip, 2 required.
euro car parts £52 each, nappa, not paying that, SRS £62 for a pair, not a brand I recognise, not paying that.
Amazon next day £20 for the 2.( Yip you only get what you pay for)
Let the fun begin.
So changed bulb, but the bulb just came out, the wire spring not attached!!! Job done, put battery back in.
Better change the other side.
It's a D2R, a different bulb, the earth is bent ( not touching), great, so put in new one, and do research.
So it looks like it should be a D2R,
Ordered new, awaiting the arrival, the joys, now you would think the 3 MOT's (I put on) would have flagged up a strong headlight bulb, wrong pattern or maybe not worth the hassle.
So I guess the last person who changed it got the wrong one, it will do for now attitude.
Moral of the story, lucky I never got the £52 each bulb, that would have pissed me off.

Dipped headlight bulb story, new bulb required, thought, take battery out get bulb, take to shop, to get the correct bulb, how hard can it be.
So simple, well, the story begins.
The bulb, I took out, it's a D2S, so if one goes probably, yip, 2 required.
euro car parts £52 each, nappa, not paying that, SRS £62 for a pair, not a brand I recognise, not paying that.
Amazon next day £20 for the 2.( Yip you only get what you pay for)
Let the fun begin.
So changed bulb, but the bulb just came out, the wire spring not attached!!! Job done, put battery back in.
Better change the other side.
It's a D2R, a different bulb, the earth is bent ( not touching), great, so put in new one, and do research.
So it looks like it should be a D2R,
Ordered new, awaiting the arrival, the joys, now you would think the 3 MOT's (I put on) would have flagged up a strong headlight bulb, wrong pattern or maybe not worth the hassle.
So I guess the last person who changed it got the wrong one, it will do for now attitude.
Moral of the story, lucky I never got the £52 each bulb, that would have pissed me off.
D2R for reflector D2S for projector.

If you have AFS (like me) does that mean reflector or projector or could it still be either or is it unrelated?

Back