• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

What have you done to your Elgrand today?

Just found that the pipe for rear washer goes thru the cubby under the driver’s seat. This could be the source of my water ingress. Hopefully will look later today.

EDIT, I think that is a red herring, can’t make it wet in there by using the pipe and it feels dry.

Last edited:
Renewed Ed's insurance today as part of multicar renewal proposal, the original proposal was for £661 for 3 cars, Ed's portion was £234, phoned Admiral and gave them the "good news briefing" policy renewal now reduced to £578, Ed's portion now down to £204 👍
I’m with Admiral too, excellent price on a group deal for 3 cars! 👍👍👍

Dropped my van off for MOT... first one for me..ooooohhhhh

Also it ran out on Friday and I only found out when applying for a green car parking pass in Sheffield! lols..oops
Oh dear... needs the classic combination of another caliper (as I only fitted one to prevent the massive dragging) and associated, apparent, discs being toasted due to the binding,

CV Gaiter - I knew about that...

Hmm - I wonder what else! It's been a sound vehicle - should not want for anything other than the brakes...so I'll find out tomorrow.

It is a pain in the arse to have old and characterful vehicles..

As I'm still waiting for my registration document and can't drive it, today I removed the battery and put it on charge to give it a nice boost ready for when I can. Did a lot of long needed cable tidying around the battery tray while the battery is out. It's always been a bit messy due to the enthusiasm of the Japanese owner before me who had fitted aftermarket mirror indicators and an electric solenoid bonnet release system so did a bit of chopping and rerouting.

Finally able to give the old girl a bit of TLC after a particularly busy month in work.

Changed all of the bulbs in both front light arrays. (First time I've ever had to remove a car battery, so a little proud of myself)

A very deep clean inside and out. Took most of the day, and I'm still not very happy with the exterior.

Found some areas of bodywork which will need a bit of attention come spring - when all this salt buggers off. Looks like rear bumper will need removing, stripping and repainting.

Booked in to replace both rear tyres.

A long run scheduled for tomorrow. Looking forward to stretching the old girl's legs.

Yesterday, I managed to find some time to give the Batbus a clean, even got the DA out but only managed a few panels. Looks better than the salt covered bud it was!
What are you all using to clean your alloys? I’m not sure if the salt has got under the chrome or if I’ve used something which has damaged them but 1 of my wheels is looking rough round the edges 🤔

Attachments

• 5361A2D3-2F3A-4CF1-91C9-48AECD71485E.jpeg
    5361A2D3-2F3A-4CF1-91C9-48AECD71485E.jpeg
    721.8 KB · Views: 1
  • 6F09AAB0-0FD9-4008-9BA8-259F07A148FA.jpeg
    6F09AAB0-0FD9-4008-9BA8-259F07A148FA.jpeg
    630.6 KB · Views: 1
Yesterday, I managed to find some time to give the Batbus a clean, even got the DA out but only managed a few panels. Looks better than the salt covered bud it was!
What are you all using to clean your alloys? I’m not sure if the salt has got under the chrome or if I’ve used something which has damaged them but 1 of my wheels is looking rough round the edges 🤔
I use Bilt Hamber Auto Wheels as per Karl's recommendation. I find it works really well. That said, my original Rider chrome alloys are definitely showing signs of wear after the amount of salt they've had to deal with this winter.

Probably going to have to change them next summer, or get them stripped and painted.

Another bit of unknown random damage caused when parked at work. I'll add it to the list! Our poor Elgrand looks like a shitheap now, between the footlong scratch and dent along the passenger rear door, the broken windscreen, another dent on the drivers rear door, and now this on the front bumper! Jeez! #IOWparking
20230201_125930.jpg

Last edited:
Today I found the address book on the satnav and found it in Google maps...of course the car isn't there BUT!!
Google do previous years pictures also for historic maps and low and behold I found years of pictures of it parked up at home!

Attachments

• IMG20230201161211.jpg
    IMG20230201161211.jpg
    382 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG20230201161253.jpg
    IMG20230201161253.jpg
    241.2 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG20230201161259.jpg
    IMG20230201161259.jpg
    365.2 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG20230201161305.jpg
    IMG20230201161305.jpg
    310.8 KB · Views: 1
Today I found the address book on the satnav and found it in Google maps...of course the car isn't there BUT!!
Google do previous years pictures also for historic maps and low and behold I found years of pictures of it parked up at home!
Love it! I'm glad I'm not the only one that does this kind of thing :laughing:

Back