• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

What have you done to your Elgrand today?

My radio controls are on the left so if yours is the same you will fit on right and writing will be upside down?

Opened the cubby hole under drivers seat to find it wet, mouldy and with a bit of rust on the floor pan where tool bag was sitting. Don’t know if it is condensation, ingress from driving or washing.
I thought it would be ok to keep some tools in there but obviously not.
As I write this, just had an idea that the rust may not be the floor pan but staining from rusty tools. Will clean it off tomorrow and have a look.
checked in here again today and it was still full of water but probably I didn’t dry it properly first time. Will leave door off for a while.
Also discovered that there is a smallish box of electronics wrapped in foam with wires going up towards dash. Don’t know what it is but fist thoughts are for remote starter (for which I don’t have the remote). Maybe these wires have been done in a way that lets water in? Will keep investigating.

Renewed Ed's insurance today as part of multicar renewal proposal, the original proposal was for £661 for 3 cars, Ed's portion was £234, phoned Admiral and gave them the "good news briefing" policy renewal now reduced to £578, Ed's portion now down to £204 👍
That's a good price. What are Ed's details? Is he a camper conversion etc..?

Gave the HWS her last North East wash and polish before she goes South with her new owners @Zara later this week.
Just hoping the incontinent pigeons keep away 🤣.
The Rider needs doing next, she's gone a whole week without a wash.
IMG_20230130_141548.jpg

Dropped my van off for MOT... first one for me..ooooohhhhh

Also it ran out on Friday and I only found out when applying for a green car parking pass in Sheffield! lols..oops

That's a good price. What are Ed's details? Is he a camper conversion etc..?
Can't be classed a camper because it's a poptop with hook up and the rules changed a few years ago that campers should be hard top (I think), so it is an Highwat Star with external/internal modifications.

My radio controls are on the left so if yours is the same you will fit on right and writing will be upside down?
That will learn me. Must go and have a look at car before posting but in my defence, I am in my PJs.

It I still see a problem Andy, the colour of the switch is actually for my black interior. I suppose if you want to donate it I could accept.

Gave the HWS her last North East wash and polish before she goes South with her new owners @Zara later this week.
Just hoping the incontinent pigeons keep away 🤣.
The Rider needs doing next, she's gone a whole week without a wash.
View attachment 84614
Thanks for that @Magnu, looks great!

Today I figured out how to replace all rear LEDs on the e52 and found a fuse which I replaced and turns out the car has neon lighting !
I also found an SD card read which is turn was linked too a hidden dash cam... And it has loads of footage of driving about in Japan !
Also done full set of brakes and a wheel bearing. Now just to tax her on Wednesday

Attachments

• IMG20230130113443.jpg
    IMG20230130113443.jpg
    160.6 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG20230130113434.jpg
    IMG20230130113434.jpg
    150.3 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG20230128111942.jpg
    IMG20230128111942.jpg
    365.3 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG20230128111936.jpg
    IMG20230128111936.jpg
    365.5 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG20230127161216.jpg
    IMG20230127161216.jpg
    146.4 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG20230127161348.jpg
    IMG20230127161348.jpg
    152 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG20230127161113.jpg
    IMG20230127161113.jpg
    279.5 KB · Views: 0
I also found an SD card read which is turn was linked too a hidden dash cam... And it has loads of footage of driving about in Japan !
Can you identify any of the street names etc.? Could be it's old neighbourhood. You might be able to find it on Google streetview at it's original home. When I got mine it had some favourite locations stored in the sat nav, I found the locations on Google maps and went looking for my van on streetview, but I didn't find it :(

Back