• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

What have you done to your Elgrand today?

Wooohooo, awesome stuff :)

Ok
Only taken one since getting it. Been to busy driving it. I’m really impressed with it. Drove all the way up from Southend to Bolton an got out fairly fresh and definitely not aching.
Took it straight out to Southport this afternoon

Wanted to drop the oil as had not done that since buying the Elgrand, couldn't get under the front, the Rider bumper is a right PIA and hits even lowered car ramps that I use for my Focus ST225.

Today I made ramp extensions for a set of those angle steel ramps. Now I can get under easy! Changed the oil. Now I can keep track of where it's at.

Wanted to drop the oil as had not done that since buying the Elgrand, couldn't get under the front, the Rider bumper is a right PIA and hits even lowered car ramps that I use for my Focus ST225.

Today I made ramp extensions for a set of those angle steel ramps. Now I can get under easy! Changed the oil. Now I can keep track of where it's at.
Keep meaning to make some myself,catches me out every time and i think..............must make some for next time........like deja vu all over again😂😂😂😂😉

Here's what I did. They worked really well.
Please excuse the dirty state, overdue for a good bath. Had a few miles lately.
The aluminium tube was used as a measure. I have marks around it to position the ramps at correct spacing so it drives up straight, then remove the tube. There are big screws protruding in the timber underneath and the extension is placed onto the ramp with the screws straddling a rung so it can't slide forward or backward on the ramp.
I'll add grip tape to the top of the planks, maybe rubber strip under the ramp frames to prevent sliding.

Whilst under there I discovered the lower control arm bushes are stuffed. Wasn't surprised at that.
1RampMod_zpsv6xfdcc3.jpg
2RampMod_zps86sbnekf.jpg

Last edited:
The aluminium tube was used as a measure. I have marks around it to position the ramps at correct spacing so it drives up straight, then remove the tube. There are big screws protruding in the timber underneath and the extension is placed onto the ramp with the screws straddling a rung so it can't slide forward or backward on the ramp.
I'll add grip tape to the top of the planks, maybe rubber strip under the ramp frames to prevent sliding.

Whilst under there I discovered the lower control arm bushes are stuffed. Wasn't surprised at that.
1RampMod_zpsv6xfdcc3.jpg
2RampMod_zps86sbnekf.jpg
those ramps dont look strong enough to support an ellie stay safe

Sorry not keen on the gold . Solid blue or even solid Gold . Just does not look right. Got new rims on thinking of black spokes and silver rim . Going to do winter rims satin black . We will have to meet for a coffee soon . Bring the bosses.

Technically, I haven't done anything to the bus, but Mr Magsy fixed the issue with the side door.....well he did jigger it to start with! With thanks to @Easy Rider it was a switch that he twiddled with and put it to the off position. So now door is working...yay!

those ramps dont look strong enough to support an ellie stay safe

1RampMod_zpsv6xfdcc3.jpg
2RampMod_zps86sbnekf.jpg
Look good,i have ramps for my car transporter trailer that i might modify,they're plenty long enough but a bit heavy!thought about making 4 box section "cubes" that ramps clip to so can get it up on all fours(ooh er missus😉)then the ramp bits aren't in the way when scuttling around under it.my ramps i made years back to get capris on,thought they were low at the time😂but not not quite as heavy as "elli phants" 😏🚐🚐🚜🚜

Technically, I haven't done anything to the bus, but Mr Magsy fixed the issue with the side door.....well he did jigger it to start with! With thanks to @Easy Rider it was a switch that he twiddled with and put it to the off position. So now door is working...yay!
so it WAS the thingymijig then? ;)

1RampMod_zpsv6xfdcc3.jpg
2RampMod_zps86sbnekf.jpg
Top job Robbo and a great write up too 😎👍👍👍👍

Washed it, and (for once) DIDN'T take a picture of it!
Had the week off and planned a little Elgrand project, but one item got delayed due to the courier so it didn't happen :( Typical. Got a cold instead and moped about thursday/friday feeling like shit.

Back