• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

What have you done to your Elgrand today?

Well I survived but it got cold. I woke up about 02:00 feeling cold, both arms and a top third of my torso were out of my sleeping bag. I put on a beanie hat, put the bag's hood over my head and zipped up the bag again. Put some Doctor Who on and went back to sleep.
Not much meat on a mole.
Not much meat on you by the sound of it!
Ha.
Eat more pies.
Only joking.
I use a king size winters quilt + a king size summers quilt when it's really cold.
I haven't needed them yet.

Not much meat on you by the sound of it!
My GP, and knees, would disagree
Eat more pies.
Way ahead of you!
I use a king size winters quilt + a king size summers quilt when it's really cold.
British army surplus grade 1 Artic green sleeping bag and a purple silk lining bag (because I'm worth it)!

When I get one I intend on insulating it then when sleeping in it ill use them silver insulating sheet things you can sucker to the windows

Whilst having a leisurely commute home from work, someone thought they were clever. I was forced into hitting power mode and absolutely destroying a VW T5, "cos I can"...:rolleyes: Probably just cost £30 but worth every penny though.

I've loaded her up and driven her to a site called High Hermitage at Ovingham. Been here since 15:39 and so far all is going well. Cooked and eaten my first meal in the van. I'm solo so am considering a early night once the washing up is done.View attachment 68296
Is that the ovingham over the bridge from prudhoe

When I get one I intend on insulating it then when sleeping in it ill use them silver insulating sheet things you can sucker to the windows
We got some of those window things from Vine Place as part of the conversion, they are custom made for an E51 but I don't know who by - no labels. I was pleasantly surprised by their performance in three ways.
  1. The chill from the glass stopped straight away.
  2. When placing my hand on the inside black material I could feel heat reflecting back.
  3. In the places where I did a proper job and the silver material was in contact with the glass there was virtually no condensation.

Early start this morning

Fitted a Nissan Note steering wheel and a new rear fog light switch, had to repin the connector for the steering controls, the cruise control buttons are not being used

View attachment 68308
Steering wheel matches the dash trim. :cool: 🤙 :cool:

Finally got around to fitting these monsters I’m not sure if it’s in my head but the bus feels a lot livelier than before?? Another big thanks to @Deanhempshall

Attachments

• 4EF0CEEA-DB2D-4E59-B528-CB159ACB8C25.jpeg
    4EF0CEEA-DB2D-4E59-B528-CB159ACB8C25.jpeg
    556.8 KB · Views: 33
  • 73CD6614-7A45-40E4-A21A-D05D15755FA3.jpeg
    73CD6614-7A45-40E4-A21A-D05D15755FA3.jpeg
    650.3 KB · Views: 33
  • F9E5756B-2DE3-43C2-B183-21275F9C317B.jpeg
    F9E5756B-2DE3-43C2-B183-21275F9C317B.jpeg
    485.8 KB · Views: 33
Any piictures Mark of the Elgrand, is it a HWS or Rider??
It would be great if you setup a project thread so we can follow your work on her! 👍
You could try @stevemen for the plastic surrounds as he breaks Elgrands and fixes them for a living.
It's just a bog standard E51 with not so many bells and whistles :D
I've just had an E52 delivered for my eldest son... keeping Elgrands going in the family!
When I get around to doing the plastic runner covers, I'll ask stevemen if he has any and if its a simple (ish) job to do.
Photos... if I do those bits, I'll take plenty of photos! :)

Hi Mark, could I ask where did you get your roof bars and what are they called?
Hi Lynda, I got them from a member on here who was selling. They're standard aero bars with the Thule 1282 fitting kit for the Elgrand. They very occasionally appear on eBay but they're very rare now.
They aren't the only option though and others on here have alternatives but that's where my knowledge ends!

Released my rear drivers side calliper as it was sticking and making BOB shudder. Cleaned it all up greased the bits that are meant to be greased and all is working lovely again. Adjusted the parking brake while I had it all apart as I think it was catching as well.

Back