• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

What have I bought? How to get basic information about your Elgrand

So glad you said it twice.

We have found a few to be fair.. but they had all had deposits on them…
I was looking for a couple of months. The spec we wanted, well it seemed that the rest of the UK did too, and had deposits down already. Kept missing out. Then suddenly it appeared "the one" the golden unicorn (white actually). I called and he said he'd only listed it ten minutes ago. Confirmed he'd let me have the chassis number and I gave a deposit. Yay!

I was looking for a couple of months. The spec we wanted, well it seemed that the rest of the UK did too, and had deposits down already. Kept missing out. Then suddenly it appeared "the one" the golden unicorn (white actually). I called and he said he'd only listed it ten minutes ago. Confirmed he'd let me have the chassis number and I gave a deposit. Yay!
Congratulations! The fun can now really begin!

£10450 is a LOT of money for a delica my old one on an 04 plate only cost £3000 five years ago there are some special additions but chaminix is not one of them hope jenny did not pay way over the average price for lovely Elgrand

I think everyone one is paying a lot for them at the moment as everyone and their dog wants one.

true true supply and demand any way take no notice of me being a tightwad;) enjoy your grand and all the polishing:joy:

Congratulations! The fun can now really begin!
DVLA claim they're processing 2 June now. If they're not telling porkies, hopefully I'll get papers this week?

£10450 is a LOT of money for a delica my old one on an 04 plate only cost £3000 five years ago there are some special additions but chaminix is not one of them hope jenny did not pay way over the average price for lovely Elgrand
I was seriously considering a delica before settling on an Elgrand. Looked at adventure motor vehicles at carnforth and they prepare them to a brilliant standard. Inside and out.
But they want a (deserved) premium for it. Looking at about 13-15k before any optionals like new wheels!
If it's what you want you though, you get what you pay for.

Yea the same with us!! Got the chassis number and boom!! Deposit down!!

I'll be using that today when I'm looking at vehicles 👍🏾

If you have bought and Elgrand, or you are looking to buy and want to know/confirm basic details, you can use the EPC Data database to get quick answers.

If you click the link below and enter the chassis number, it'll tell you more info about your Elgrand, including the model, engine, variant, colour codes and optional extras from factory.

https://Nissan.epc-data.com/Elgrand/

For example, here is mine

1548841738487-png.13497

1 = Model (E50/E51)
2 = Engine (VQ35/VQ25/QD32/ZD30/VG33/ETC)
3 = Transmission (2WD/4WD)
4 = Production Month
5 = Number of seats from Factory (7/8)
6 = Variant (V/X/HWS) - NOTE Rider will show as V/VG as they are BASIC modles taken by Autech to finish off, and optional extras added)
7 = Interior Colour Scheme
8 = Paint Code (If your Elgrand is 2 Tone, you will need to use the paint code above to find the 2 separate colour codes)
9 = Optional Extras (I don't have any listed, but other models will. Hover mouse over for more info).

On another note, if you are looking to buy, and you want to make sure all the boxes are ticked, you need a Car VX Report. You can find out more about these in the technical section of the forum (when you have 10 posts, or immediate access for premium members). The Car VX report is a MUST for any buyer, just to make sure the history of the vehicle checks out. It will give you peace of mind when you place your order and has helped more than a few of our members steer clear of some potential disasters (clocked cars, bad history, different model information etc). It's important you understand what the Car VX report is, and how to use it, so make sure you read all the info in the section below. Do not just go to the website and get a free report - you'll get wrong info and create unnecessary problems for yourself.

https://forum.elgrandoc.uk/forums/car-vx-japanese-vehicle-history-check.124/
I will definitely check that out. Thanks for the post.

Not sure it applies to others but in West Australia they add an import plate (sticker) to the door opening with a long VIN number which includes the chassis number, ie. the last lot of letters and digits after a series of 0's. Makes it easier to take a pic of that when checking out a bunch of cars in a yard.

Really useful thanks for sharing 👍🏻

Hello Everyone, how are you doing its been a long time have been here..... Just want to ask if any one have know what type Antifreeze/ coolant I need for my E51 S2 pls

another question is am looking to upgrade my wheel from 16" up what size will anyone here suggest pls...I already saw some 19" and 20" wheel that I like but am thinking they will be too big pls Advice Thank

Belated welcome @ridinfo2. What took you so long to say hello after 2 n half years!!?
You need you 10 posts or premium to get into the tech section where you'll find all the answer you need 😉

Back