• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

What have I bought? How to get basic information about your Elgrand

Not at all, a well known fact on the forum that white ones are faster. Not everyone agrees but us white Elgrand owners know the truth.
Totally agree 👍 👍

If you have bought and Elgrand, or you are looking to buy and want to know/confirm basic details, you can use the EPC Data database to get quick answers.

If you click the link below and enter the chassis number, it'll tell you more info about your Elgrand, including the model, engine, variant, colour codes and optional extras from factory.

https://Nissan.epc-data.com/Elgrand/

For example, here is mine

1548841738487-png.13497

1 = Model (E50/E51)
2 = Engine (VQ35/VQ25/QD32/ZD30/VG33/ETC)
3 = Transmission (2WD/4WD)
4 = Production Month
5 = Number of seats from Factory (7/8)
6 = Variant (V/X/HWS) - NOTE Rider will show as V/VG as they are BASIC modles taken by Autech to finish off, and optional extras added)
7 = Interior Colour Scheme
8 = Paint Code (If your Elgrand is 2 Tone, you will need to use the paint code above to find the 2 separate colour codes)
9 = Optional Extras (I don't have any listed, but other models will. Hover mouse over for more info).

On another note, if you are looking to buy, and you want to make sure all the boxes are ticked, you need a Car VX Report. You can find out more about these in the technical section of the forum (when you have 10 posts, or immediate access for premium members). The Car VX report is a MUST for any buyer, just to make sure the history of the vehicle checks out. It will give you peace of mind when you place your order and has helped more than a few of our members steer clear of some potential disasters (clocked cars, bad history, different model information etc). It's important you understand what the Car VX report is, and how to use it, so make sure you read all the info in the section below. Do not just go to the website and get a free report - you'll get wrong info and create unnecessary problems for yourself.

https://forum.elgrandoc.uk/forums/car-vx-japanese-vehicle-history-check.124/
Great info, thanks.

This is very helpful

Not at all, a well known fact on the forum that white ones are faster. Not everyone agrees but us white Elgrand owners know the truth.
Oooh, is there a particular paint code to look out for for the extra fast ones?!

Don’t listen to the whitists, they will mislead you. If you want to look fast, go fast and attract fast ladies, G30 is the way to go.
And, they never need cleaning, dirt just doesn’t seem to stick to them.

Don’t listen to the whitists, they will mislead you. If you want to look fast, go fast and attract fast ladies, G30 is the way to go.
And, they never need cleaning, dirt just doesn’t seem to stick to them.
Never need cleaning - sounds my kind of paint job!

Hi Neil,

cleaning and detailing your Elgrand will become addictive, trust me. Especially if it's white ☺️

Hi Neil,

cleaning and detailing your Elgrand will become addictive, trust me. Especially if it's white ☺️
I'm hoping it might become addictive to the Mrs to be honest!

I see it's been up a couple of years but thanks very much for that post! Had mine a few months but bought it second-hand in the UK and just realised I have absolutely no idea what model/ trim level it is. Found some ghost go-faster stripes while cleaning which got me wondering... Thanks for stopping me asking a stupid question elsewhere on the forum!

Great help, thanks

If you have bought and Elgrand, or you are looking to buy and want to know/confirm basic details, you can use the EPC Data database to get quick answers.

If you click the link below and enter the chassis number, it'll tell you more info about your Elgrand, including the model, engine, variant, colour codes and optional extras from factory.

https://Nissan.epc-data.com/Elgrand/

For example, here is mine

1548841738487-png.13497

1 = Model (E50/E51)
2 = Engine (VQ35/VQ25/QD32/ZD30/VG33/ETC)
3 = Transmission (2WD/4WD)
4 = Production Month
5 = Number of seats from Factory (7/8)
6 = Variant (V/X/HWS) - NOTE Rider will show as V/VG as they are BASIC modles taken by Autech to finish off, and optional extras added)
7 = Interior Colour Scheme
8 = Paint Code (If your Elgrand is 2 Tone, you will need to use the paint code above to find the 2 separate colour codes)
9 = Optional Extras (I don't have any listed, but other models will. Hover mouse over for more info).

On another note, if you are looking to buy, and you want to make sure all the boxes are ticked, you need a Car VX Report. You can find out more about these in the technical section of the forum (when you have 10 posts, or immediate access for premium members). The Car VX report is a MUST for any buyer, just to make sure the history of the vehicle checks out. It will give you peace of mind when you place your order and has helped more than a few of our members steer clear of some potential disasters (clocked cars, bad history, different model information etc). It's important you understand what the Car VX report is, and how to use it, so make sure you read all the info in the section below. Do not just go to the website and get a free report - you'll get wrong info and create unnecessary problems for yourself.

https://forum.elgrandoc.uk/forums/car-vx-japanese-vehicle-history-check.124/
Frame / SeriesME51 / E51body5K (5-door coach )engineVQ25DE (2500 gasoline )drive2WD (two-wheel drive )
Production month12.2006seating capacity8P (8-seater )gradeV (V(2006/12 onwards))transmissionAT (AT )
Interior colorPBody colorQX1Spec codeDOORG, ETCTR, KYLS4, RDIOS

I don't seem to be getting anywhere with this can anyone help please

Hi Andy

We have just bought a 2004 Elgrand and I was trying to decode the VIN. I have put the 17 letters and numbers in the link but not getting anything.

Hi Andy

We have just bought a 2004 Elgrand and I was trying to decode the VIN. I have put the 17 letters and numbers in the link but not getting anything.
Its the 10 digit
Example: V10-030867

Back