• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

Underseal

Dinitrol recommend renewing every 2 years. Seems to be for Dinitrol's benefit not the user!:(

i have a customer who owns a Bodyshop and done it for me under arches inside sills and underneath

Get friendly with your local garage, get it up on the ramps and have a good poke about. A little and often (checking and treatment) is usually better than 'treat and forget' promises, in my experience with vehicles like this.

Via user reviews anyone used Mercasol treatment

Not bothered about the price just interested if any user tried this company

Via there time lines 6 7 hour turn around for full turnover

The Mercasol treatment includes the complete treatment of the under body, chassis, axles, suspension components along with door cavities and sill areas. The price of providing the service is £550 and includes vat and is payable by debit card on the collection of your car.
The Mercasol treatment is completed by a fully trained operative, your vehicle will be fully cleaned, dried and prepared prior to its treatment which includes the removal of loose rust to ensure we apply treatment to a solid material and the removal of plastic arch liners if required. The Mercasol is applied via compressor to ensure an even and thorough coating. The treatment involves the use of Mercasol 1, 2 and 3 as required.
We will require your car from 9am-3pm we also have the capability to provide a collection and delivery service at a charge if required.
Thank you again for your enquiry and I will call you in the next few days to further ascertain your interest and timescales for the cars treatment. If you have a more immediate requirement then please call me on the number below.

www.CarRustTreatment.co.uk

If the quote is not of interest then please let us know as all feedback is much appreciated.

Stephen
Thank you for your enquiry regarding Mercasol protection for your Nissan Elgrand e51, Ultimate are able to provide this service at our various locations listed below around the UK. We can drop you locally at a train station or local site of interest if required whilst we treat your vehicle.
Scotland - Bellshill, Glasgow, Scotland - North - Warrington, Cheshire - Darlington, County Durham- Leeds, Yorkshire - Sheffield, Yorkshire - Midlands - Rugeley, Staffordshire - Southam, Leamington Spa, Warwickshire - Rowley Regis, Birmingham - Nottingham, Nottinghamshire - Grantham, Lincolnshire - South - Orpington, Kent -Egham, Surrey - Abbots Langley, Watford, Hertfordshire - Purfleet, Essex - Sandy, Bedfordshire - Southampton, Hampshire - South West - Patchway, Bristol - Cheltenham, Gloucestershire

The Mercasol treatment includes the complete treatment of the under body, chassis, axles, suspension components along with door cavities and sill areas. The price of providing the service is £550 and includes vat and is payable by debit card on the collection of your car.
The Mercasol treatment is completed by a fully trained operative, your vehicle will be fully cleaned, dried and prepared prior to its treatment which includes the removal of loose rust to ensure we apply treatment to a solid material and the removal of plastic arch liners if required. The Mercasol is applied via compressor to ensure an even and thorough coating. The treatment involves the use of Mercasol 1, 2 and 3 as required.
We will require your car from 9am-3pm we also have the capability to provide a collection and delivery service at a charge if required.
Thank you again for your enquiry and I will call you in the next few days to further ascertain your interest and timescales for the cars treatment. If you have a more immediate requirement then please call me on the number below.
If the quote is not of interest then please let us know as all feedback is much appreciated.
Regards

if they can imm all in 100%

The Elgrand was made for Japanese roads only. Due to their climate, they don't need to salt the roads and therefore they don't need to worry about underseal.

In the UK, however, this is NOT the case. Salt will eat away at the chassis and destroy your pride and joy from the inside out.

When you get a fresh import, buy from a dealer or buy privately... you MUST ensure the underseal has been done.

If buying privately, I would get it re-done no matter what the seller says, as it's sold as seen. But if you buy from a garage you will be protected by some sort of trading standards.

Underseal is basically a product that is applied to the underside of the vehicle that prevents the metal from rusting when it comes into contact with the salt and moisture on our roads. It is VITAL for a long and problem free life for you Elgrand.

There are many options available, starting at around £80 for an "in & out" service. Personally, I wouldn't touch these with a barge pole.

The best options seem to be around the £400 mark. This includes dropping your vehicle off with a garage for 3-4 days. One the first day, they thoroughly steam clean the underside of your vehicle. Second day they apply the first layer of the treatment and leave it to set over night. Day 3 they apply another coat and leave to set overnight. Then you collect on Day 4.

Also, please note that underseal is only temporary. It is not a lifelong product (unless you pay extra for a product that has a life long guarantee!). The quick £80 jobs should probably be done twice a year, at the very least, once a year.

The more expensive jobs should be topped up every 4-5 years. Speak to the professional who does your treatment for their advice as these time scales will vary depending on the product you are using.

I know a few people who are JDM car freaks who pay the £400 for a proper treatment, then £80 for an in and out treatment, and then go back and get the proper treatment re-done every other year. One thing for sure is that they will crash their cars before they rust!
Oh yeah

Ok, totally noob question but what does a UK vehicle have that a Japanese vehicle doesn’t in regard to underseal?

Anyone looked into Buzzweld products (& professional application at their HQ near Bristol?)

I've heard their product 'War' is some of the best going.. apparently their service (around £360) includes a type of 'self healing'
product that the 4x4 guys use that can last towards 10 years!!

Anyone have any experience? Sounds a winner to me atm!

Dee

Anyone looked into Buzzweld products (& professional application at their HQ near Bristol?)

I've heard their product 'War' is some of the best going.. apparently their service (around £360) includes a type of 'self healing'
product that the 4x4 guys use that can last towards 10 years!!

Anyone have any experience? Sounds a winner to me atm!

Dee

Never heard it it, but that definitely sounds worth looking in to.

I used almost 5 litres of bilt hamber stuff on mine, when I say, I meant I paid for it to be done by someone else who was willing to get dirty 😁

Back