• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

"Tractor" diary. Elgrand from Siberia. E50.

Glad your keeping the tractor going and all your hard work pays off …

Maybe include some storage space in your Campal unit for the stuff in the boot 😀

Maybe include some storage space in your Campal unit for the stuff in the boot 😀
I apologize for the chaos in the boot, but this is the natural state of Elgrand)))) At the moment, El is doing the work of a truck, since spring, the beginning of the building season + side job))

Hello everyone .. Well .. The winter was mild and kind to us Siberians. Elgrand got new rust spots. The engine rumbles like from the factory, clearly, like a Swiss watch, only Japanese) electrical problems began, periodically losing contact with the engine speed sensor. Just in case, I bought an efi block from Japan.
Winter consumption of 13 liters per 100 km.
Inspired by English Campal. Today I bought plywood.
I am waiting for March 9, when the tools for woodworking will be delivered. I'll start creating..
The plans were like this, until February 24...
So....
.As always, sorry for my English.
And #stop the war...
I am sure it will be great when you get it finished mate. Good luck and stay safe my friend

It does looked good on raised suspension. Looks ready for anything 👍

Well... My tools have been delivered..
A new life begins in Mordor.. Now owning a 23 year old diesel tractor is not so strange. And I foresee that I will own it for a very long time, it's good that Siberia and the far east of Russia are full of old Japanese cars - a big trash can.
In case the Russians are disconnected from the external Internet (I think it will happen soon), I was pleased to be part of this community, you are cool guys all without exception! Your buses are an example, a great example!

As always, sorry for my English))

Your E50 is an inspiration to me. Now I want raised suspension on my wagon too. The rules and regulations in NZ make it hard to do, but there is always a way.
In case the Russians are disconnected from the Internet, rest assured you are in our thoughts and we all hope normality returns soon.
In the meantime, just remember that in New Zealand there is a sad little E50 wanting the Siberian Tractor setup.

Attachments

• DSCF0045.JPG
    DSCF0045.JPG
    704.6 KB · Views: 13
Your E50 is an inspiration to me. Now I want raised suspension on my wagon too. The rules and regulations in NZ make it hard to do, but there is always a way.
In case the Russians are disconnected from the Internet, rest assured you are in our thoughts and we all hope normality returns soon.
In the meantime, just remember that in New Zealand there is a sad little E50 wanting the Siberian Tractor setup.
Hello) Nice to hear) In Russia, what I did with El is forbidden, but when did it stop us)

"What I did with El is forbidden, but when did it stop us."

That is the way to go. :cool:
It’s just that I don’t know how you have it from the side of the law))) Or rather, how severely you can be punished for technical changes. In Russia, they issue a protocol, send it for technical expertise, and they will decide how this change will affect the safety of the car .. In the case of a negative decision (the decision will be 100,000% negative), the driver is given 2 weeks to correct it. If nothing is done, then the documents for the car will be canceled and the car turns into spare parts.
But what do I care? in a country whose auto industry has recently introduced airbags, abs and air conditioning !!
If at the moment there is no analogue to Elgrand in Russia. Quality, reliability, immortality, transmission .. And this means that I will ride a tractor for a very long time, weld it endlessly)))

PS.
This applies to Russia, I am sure that in other countries you have no problems with buying and choosing a car and all laws are strictly observed!!

Well... My tools have been delivered..
A new life begins in Mordor.. Now owning a 23 year old diesel tractor is not so strange. And I foresee that I will own it for a very long time, it's good that Siberia and the far east of Russia are full of old Japanese cars - a big trash can.
In case the Russians are disconnected from the external Internet (I think it will happen soon), I was pleased to be part of this community, you are cool guys all without exception! Your buses are an example, a great example!

As always, sorry for my English))
Stay safe mate and hope your Internet says on.
Your such an inspiration to many people on this forum.
P. S. How's the camping club coming on?

Stay safe mate and hope your Internet says on.
Your such an inspiration to many people on this forum.
P. S. How's the camping club coming on?
Thank you) now not to the club. We all froze in anticipation of the collapse. I am still thinking about my future life plan, how to earn and support a family. I relied on woodworking and welding, in general on manual labor .. I had to invest financially and physically. I hope it works)

Thank you) now not to the club. We all froze in anticipation of the collapse. I am still thinking about my future life plan, how to earn and support a family. I relied on woodworking and welding, in general on manual labor .. I had to invest financially and physically. I hope it works)
Good luck to you and your family mate.
Everything will work out for sure.

In Russia, what I did with El is forbidden, but when did it stop us)
I believe that, I worked in Novosibirsk, Irkutsk & Ust-Kut and had many interesting taxi rides in unusual cars!

I believe that, I worked in Novosibirsk, Irkutsk & Ust-Kut and had many interesting taxi rides in unusual cars!
It depends on what years you were)) If in the early 2000s, there were a lot of Toyota Mark 2. I can say 99% of the taxis were Toyota Mark 2, Chaiser, Cresta) And now these overused cars are bought by frivolous youth and arrange illegal races , drifting, getting into accidents and hurting other people and cars .. It is worth noting that the Toyota Mark 2 and its relatives are really damn strong, indestructible car)

Hello)
Tradition in Russia - when the snow melts, asphalt, roads, good mood, cars and suspension melt with it)) The reason for this is terrible roads and reagents.
And so, the last 2 weeks in the front suspension there were sounds.
Without hesitation, I decided to diagnose.
And so, what do we need?
1. Raise Elgrand. I jacked El under the automatic transmission beam.
2. Check the play in the wheel bearing. Take the wheel from above and from the bottom and begin to "pull" it away from ourselves / towards ourselves. Everything is fine.
3. Check the ball joint. Ask an assistant (in my case, dear wife Lyuba) to press the brake pedal. And according to point 2 we pull. There are no backlashes - it's good.
4. Remove the wheel. Along the way, I’ll show you the “lift kit” of Elgrand in a little detail.
Spacers for the front subframe (we also check the tightness of the bolts):
Spacer for front shock absorber + rubber spacer.:
5. Check the front spar and the "glass shock absorber mounting" for the presence of rot, corrosion, rust. In my case, there is a huge patch, which I managed to do on time, without waiting for the spar to tear off.
https://photos.app.goo.gl/dWLpGm6WWvqKsnNq9
6. Checking the brake caliper. And here is the first problem - a small leak of brake fluid. It is required to replace all rubber elements of brake calipers (in particular oil seals and anthers of brake cylinders)
https://photos.app.goo.gl/dGtg2RAjq48sfXUj7
7. Сheck the silent blocks of levers. Take the crow bar and begin to move the lever in every possible way at the place where the silent blocks are attached. I'll check the gaps, they should not be. There should be no cracks in the silent block rubber. The lever should work smoothly in rubber.
https://photos.app.goo.gl/8JaPi3tSzVDEyfDC6
https://photos.app.goo.gl/aviSDUQTGeXdTPsp9
https://photos.app.goo.gl/kMxUq47H1oSs3S8R9
8. Сheck the link. For better diagnosis, it is necessary to unscrew it from one side and check each "ball" for play. In my case, the backlash is in the right link. One of the reasons for knocking in the suspension. Unfortunately, I don't have a spare of this, so put it back.
https://photos.app.goo.gl/Zt4TU8nxD2bGpbJf7
Do all this for the left side.
Silent blocks were torn on the left side. That's the main reason for knocking. Fortunately, I have spare silent blocks.. Well, let's get started immediately)
Front silent block:
1. Dismantle the lever. There is a big problem how to dismantle the front silent block. Because it is difficult to fix it in the press because of the dimensions. We need a burner. Burning rubber.
2. We fix the lever and saw the holder of the silent block. Thus, we weaken the fastening of the holder.
https://photos.app.goo.gl/uRrLv8NXTfgSxSnL8
3. Randomly found such a thing in the garage. We use it to knock out the holder.
https://photos.app.goo.gl/8xkiUBTAoiSbzCVE8
4. Dismantle the rear silent block. Use a more radical method - a grinder.
https://photos.app.goo.gl/cFkYwG8XmBXnd13Z9
5. Mount new silent blocks. Don't forget to clean and lube everything.
https://photos.app.goo.gl/1orgPZF4g57Gp3Sx8
6. Done, install everything back.
https://photos.app.goo.gl/BAJMXhh71wzT9MpX9
You may have noticed that there is no ball joint on the lever. The trick is to quickly dismantle the lever, you need to unscrew the ball joint from the lever. Thus the ball joint remained bolted to the front hub.
Attention. It is necessary to tighten the silent block mounting bolts under load !!! That is, we put the wheel and lower the car. The front suspension lever will be in the neutral position under load. We tighten the bolts of the silent blocks. If this is not done and tightened on the raised lever, then when installing the wheel and lowering the car, it is possible to break the rubber of the silent block due to too much torsion.

Spent time 5 hours.

Good luck to everyone on the road!

And as always, sorry for my English)

Back