• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

Think my Elgrand adventure might be over

Ahhh mate, such a shame ... but as everyone has already said, there's only one important factor in such things, you are ok .... I am sure you will get a fair payout, and it would be a good idea to buy it back if you can ... my dads Skodas Yeti was written off, it was bought by a guy off the insurance company and was back on the road for about half the cost of buying one the same age!! we check occasionally and its still on the road 4 years on ... my dad is still gutted he didn't buy it back himself ..

I won't be putting this back on the road. To be honest I wouldn't be surprised if this ends up as a Cat B (ie can't be put back on the road), front chassis is very bent, nearside towing eye was somewhere near the middle of the radiator.

Very sad indeed, the main point as others have said your okay.
Some of us have been on the same place and it's not nice, just pride and pocket.
Both air bags deployed, I dought very much if you'll see again.
As we all know, manual, just dip the clutch, but auto's once they go, your just a passenger.
As for anything you want from motor, it's yours, it just comes of the final value.

Will you buy it back and remove the chair system?, I think that was a main feature for you?
I don't think so, removing it is probably pretty involved and although rare they do come up for sale reasonably regularly (there are two on eBay right now).

There are alternatives too; Estima, Vellfire and Alphard are all available with wheelchairs, although none currently for sale. I could be tempted by a hybrid, but they don't appear to actually deliver any real improvement in fuel economy over an Elgrand.

A real shame that . Hope your back on the road soon . As others have said a very helpful knowledgeable guy .
One good thing about the EOC is you don't need to be an owner to join, maybe change the name to EAC, Elgrand Appreciation Club :)

Sorry to read this Charles, glad you are ok and not hurt which is the main point.
Hopefully you’ll get what you want for it from the insurers and replace it with another fine example.

I'm late to see this thread and haven't read every post.

But I'm pleased everyone is OK, respect for you for telling it how it really happened, hope this isn't the end of your Elgrand ownership or the time you spend on this forum... which is positive, helpful and appreciated by myself and many others. I would be sorry if you left.

Last edited:
I'm glad you are OK Charles, but remember that you might get a delayed reaction at some point so don't be hard on yourself.
Could you buy it back and get a similar Ellie. All those lovely spares!
Cut the front off and make a camper/trailer?

Wow, sorry for your loss but so glad you are okay. Definitely let us know what the outcome is and what would the best for you. Again just glad you're not hurt.

Had a little argument with a concrete barrier.
qCV2QO5.jpeg

Back end broke loose coming off a roundabout. Caught the first slide but must have wound the lock off too fast as it flicked the other way and at that point I was just a passenger.
Glad you are all OK

Oh man, that really sucks but glad you're alright. Given prices of spares it would be cheaper to buy new one than get it repaired, unless you do stuff yourself but that too would still cost quite a lot. Probably >3k.

Last edited:
Back