• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

Think my Elgrand adventure might be over

cjholding

Here for life
East Anglia
E51 Owner
Reaction score
First Name
Charles
Elgrand
E51
Region
East Anglia
Had a little argument with a concrete barrier.
qCV2QO5.jpeg

Back end broke loose coming off a roundabout. Caught the first slide but must have wound the lock off too fast as it flicked the other way and at that point I was just a passenger.

My pride is well and truly bruised, but other than that no injuries at all.

Both airbags deployed (and I would guess the pre-tensioners too), radiator is bent like a banana, coolant and transmission fluid on the ground, nearside chassis leg bent 90Ā° across the front.

And the spare wheel is on the ground in that picture because it decided to escape šŸ˜®.

I am so impressed with what hasn't bent. Given the carnage at the front end there was no damage behind the indicators. Both doors opened and closed as normal. It was still running when I came to a standstill.
Is it worth a try to get it fixed ???

Sorry to hear about your accident @cjholding Hope it doesnt discourage you of driving in general or even your E51 ownership and all parties involved are OK, accidents happen everyday and are for the most part unintentional, I myself (earlier today at 06:00) had smashed my wing mirror off my daily commuter in a space ive reversed out of for the last 6 years.

Mistakes happen and its just life, hopefully you will still keep a keen interest in your E51 and continue being a member of the Elgrand community.

Glad to hear you're ok.

Awwww man what a bummer, glad you are ok...now the spares I need are........only joking, gutted for you. they are not a car they are a love affair :) and sometimes a very naughty boy...hold on fecking port doing the rounds!!

Awwww man what a bummer, glad you are ok...now the spares I need are........only joking, gutted for you. they are not a car they are a love affair :) and sometimes a very naughty boy...hold on fecking port doing the rounds!!
PORT? PORT? Fecks sake man, is it Xmas already?? šŸ¤£ šŸ¤£

Back