• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

The Jap Show - Santa Pod - 5th July

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok mate G it is Thanks I get called Grandad thats a killer even if it is true.

If I answer the work phone and someone's asks to speak to Gareth, I pass the phone to the other Gareth, I'm not sure my boss knows my real name.

Hi Guys, Glad I got to meet you all, was a shame we couldnt get round into the pit area for the show and shine, but even in the public carpark we made quite an impressive sight. I have emailed Santa Pod and the show and shine sponsors Autoglym asking why we were not allowed in when the wording on the Santa Pod site makes it look so simple, guess we will have to wait for an official answer if they can be arsed. :bang:

Hi, was a good show - nice turn out of elgrands!

Shame we didn't get a chance to meet more of you there but didn't get alot (any!) sleep camping there so were keen to leave early today...

Met alot of people interested in the van though and did my best to spread the word!

Simon

Morning All,
A pleasure to meet some of you on Sunday, even if it was at a garden centre. Your vehicles are a credit to you, and has confirmed my choice of retirement present, to me.

The thing that has just occurred to me is, while you all are enjoying yours, mine is still in Japan, having love and attention lavished on it ( I hope ), by a typical Japanese family with 1.5 sproggs.

I shall ensure my envy level stays within acceptable levels, and meanwhile. I will try to stop wishing my life away. 2018 will come when it's good and ready.

Enjoy your vans Guys,
regards, Derek.

PS. Brian, I did say it was VERY yellow.

Hi Derek, Good to meet up with you for the few seconds and yes your Peugeot is not the colour i would like to get too close to with a hangover. Glad you liked the vans and if you need any advice on buying when it gets round to the time to take the plunge just ask. I hope all was well with your wife and i am sure we will meet at some point in the future.

Right Here is a copy of my email to santa Pod about thr Jap Show.

I have just returned from The Jap Show after organising a club trip for members of our car club. This has ben aranged for 10 months with the members and their families looking forwards to it for some time. I myself have been a frequent visitor and as part of Doug Ripleys Top Methanol Funny car crew won the 2004 MSA UK Methanol Championship so the rest of our group left it to me to get it organised. We turned up with 9 Nissan Elgrands of which at least 5 of them would have been in the running for a show and shine trophy, we paid on entry and joined the que to park up.

When we got to the turn off for the "public parking" we were told we would not be allowed into the pits area and to park up in the public car park. we did under protest. I later brought this up with 2 of your car park attendents who told me to complain at the gate, this I did and yet again nobody was bothered and no attempt whatsoever was made to rectify the situation. We paid in total £252 to sit in a public car park, I can do that for nothing at Asda. I have had to apologise to the members of our club for the treatment, all of them spending many hours making sure there vehicles were in first class show condition. Can I refer you back to your own words on your website qoute "Make sure you enter it in the Show Car Paddock, Dont leave it in the main carpark where no-one will see it, get into the show and get noticed" We are disgusted that the time and effort shown by our club members was ignored by the Santa Pod staff and future shows at this venue will not be attended by our club.

Brian Willoughby Elgrand Owners Club UK

Here is the reply

Hi Brian,
Thank you for your email.

Firstly, I would like to say that we are always disappointed when we here that our customers haven’t had a great experience.

I would also like to apologise if you though that our staff didn’t seem bothered. I can assure you that this is not normally the case and all of our staff go above and beyond to ensure that every customer has a great experience.

understand that you did not want to be parked up in the public car park, if you had booked in a club stand then you would have been able to gain access to the paddock and if you have booked in early enough you would have been able to park in one of the prime club areas.

With regards to the Show & Shine we only have limited spaces and we do it on a first come, first serve basis. So unfortunately by the time you had arrived the Show & Shine was full.

I would be interested to hear any of your comments and hope that you would now consider revisiting Santa Pod Raceway.

Best regards

Phil Bennett
<!-- e --><a href="mailto:phil@santapod.com">phil@santapod.com</a><!-- e -->

My reply back.

Phil,
Can I respectfully request that you read through your website with regard to the show and shine which did tell people to just turn up and enter not if we feel its full we will reject you, some of our members had a long journey down from the North East in vehicles that do 17mpg tops to be usherd into the public car park at 9.42 in the morning. As regards to limited space we and other forum groups have mentioned that there was plenty of space in the pits near the finish line gantry and we can only say what we see with our own eyes.
With regard to coming back again, I will do the best I can with our club but for some that went for the first time they will not be returning dispite living for their Nissan Trucks. What happened spoilt what could have been a fantastic day and whats dones done.
Regards Brian Willoughby (Elgrand Owners Club UK).

Ok guys, those of you that went are you interested in another go, this time pre booking a club pitch? and those of you that didnt do you want to go in the future? I would like to know so that we can get something organised for the Jap Show Final this year

To be honest I'm not surprised it was full at 9:42am.

I always enter the show and shine, my cube won judge's choice at last year's finale, and I always make sure I'm at the gate for before opening time.

I couldn't make the July one this year as it clashed with a local show that our club attends but I do plan on going to the finale and I'll be in the show and shine area.

If you're attending as a club it's best to pre-book a club pitch rather than going in the show and shine area unless your car is particularly modified and that way you'll avoid problems like you experienced.

Yes, I would be interested in going again and yes I would like to do itas a club stand for a number of reasons.
1. We would all be together, obviously.
2. Our vans wouldn't be stuck out in a field.
3. It gives is more of a chance to get to know each other.
4. It gives us more of a chance to nose about each others vans and ask those annoying questions.
5. We can enter the show n shine if we wish and get on the strip easier.
6. Joe public can come and look at the vans and give us that fuzzy feeling when they ask questions.

So yes I'm interested in the finale but not a defo yet as a new job is in the pipeline and it may require me to actually work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back